TX - Uvalde; Robb Elementary, 19 children and 3 adults killed, shooter dead, 24 MAY 2022 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Three users said they witnessed Ramos threaten to commit sexual violence or carry out school shootings on Yubo, an app that is used by tens of millions of young people around the world.
Uvalde school shooting suspect was a loner who bought two assault rifles for his 18th birthday

Uvalde school shooting suspect was a loner who bought two assault rifles for his 18th birthday
The users all said they reported Ramos' account to Yubo over the threats. But it appeared, they said, that Ramos was able to maintain a presence on the platform. CNN reviewed one Yubo direct message in which Ramos allegedly sent a user the $2,000 receipt for his online gun purchase from a Georgia-based firearm manufacturer.
"Guns are boring," the user responded. "No," Ramos apparently replied.

I wonder exactly how was he barricaded in the classroom? This was a connecting suite with 2 doors to the corridor. He had allegedly shot out the window of one door and reached in to unlock the door. Why then is LE not able to also reach in and open the door.

The doors at my high school are similar to this. They open out into the hallway and cannot be locked from the inside. The door knob always opens to allow people to exit. Therefore you cannot place items to block the door.

Another confusing part of this ever-changing tragedy.

Last edited:
I wonder exactly how was he barricaded in the classroom? This was a connecting suite with 2 doors to the corridor. He had allegedly shot out the window of one door and reached in to unlock the door. Why then is LE not able to also reach in and open the door.

The doors at my high school are similar to this. They open out into the hallway and cannot be locked from the inside. The door knob always opens to allow people to exit. Therefore you cannot place items to block the door.

Another confusing part of this ever-changing tragedy.
Yes, hopefully we will hear more details as to why it was considered a barricade situation. Also, wouldn't police have heard shots coming from the adjoining classroom? According to one of the students, LE told them to call out if they needed help and when one child did, the killer heard it and shot at her. Wouldn't that still be considered an active shooter situation?

What about the 911 calls asking for help? Doesn't a dispatcher relay the information to police?

Dang. The police response was an epic fail !!! Heads will roll.
They should all be fired, imo, and new, capable officers hired and trained properly to respond to this type of attack. Surely there must be ways to quickly get in position and storm the building if desperate measures are called for (as a maniac is actively shooting kids and teachers for over an hour). The 'excuse' that the cops were afraid of being shot is outrageous and totally unacceptable. Dismiss them all!

Yes, hopefully we will hear more details as to why it was considered a barricade situation. Also, wouldn't police have heard shots coming from the adjoining classroom? According to one of the students, LE told them to call out if they needed help and when one child did, the killer heard it and shot at her. Wouldn't that still be considered an active shooter situation?

What about the 911 calls asking for help? Doesn't a dispatcher relay the information to police?
At that point the children would have been hostages.

"run to the gun" - joey jones, fox news. caveat - he said this speaking as ex-military. he didn't excuse LE, but said they aren't necessarily trained the same way.

adam lanza shot his way into sandy hook. flip your thinking - perhaps if the teacher hadn't unwittingly propped the door there would've been even more fatalities.

of all the pressers/research/fact-finding, not one "official" has followed the money. some of you believe that working part time at a wendy's paid for thousands in weapons and ammo. i will agree to disagree.

i have three teenage boys. i blame the parents. kids who are ignored commit crimes. period. my unsolicited advice? it's so damn simple - raise your children. keep an eye on their friends. and if they don't have any? that's a problem.

see you on the unfortunate next case...

You made very good points- sadly, too many parents are not paying enough attention to their children
and I don't expect that to change anytime soon.

Uvalde police chief who delayed officer response to shooting to join City Council​

May 27, 2022, 5:04 PM EDT
By Safia Samee Ali
The police chief who reportedly made the call not to immediately send officers into Robb Elementary School to confront a gunman was elected to Uvalde's City Council just three weeks ago after running on a platform of communication and outreach to the community.
Peter Arredondo, the chief of police for the Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District, stopped at least 19 officers from breaking into the school as the gunman opened fire for at least an hour.

I have no words.......................................................................

ETA: Well, actually I do but I can't say them on here.....................................

"Comfort dogs" sent to Texas

They are so comforting. We recently had them at our high school (twice in fact within 3 weeks time) as 2 students from our building were killed in separate auto related accidents. Amazingly well trained to just be comforting.

My heart is broken, this has been on my mind since I heard the news.

The frustrating part is we see the same things, time after time- the shooter put out warnings on social media, red flag after red flag. Yet nothing was done? What does an 18 year old kid need with those types of gun and quantity of ammo? Sure he bought it legally, but why? How does ATF work? Are certain purchases flagged for their attention?

In my own local community this week, the high school was shut down on Thursday. Wednesday night a student sent out a snap chat of himself loading a shotgun at 9:30 PM. Someone told a parent - the response was to close the school Thursday until the situation was investigated.

The complete failure on the part of local LE is a whole other issue, I feel it's best not to express my thoughts ATM.

Uvalde police chief who delayed officer response to shooting to join City Council​

May 27, 2022, 5:04 PM EDT
By Safia Samee Ali
The police chief who reportedly made the call not to immediately send officers into Robb Elementary School to confront a gunman was elected to Uvalde's City Council just three weeks ago after running on a platform of communication and outreach to the community.
Peter Arredondo, the chief of police for the Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District, stopped at least 19 officers from breaking into the school as the gunman opened fire for at least an hour.

I have no words.......................................................................

ETA: Well, actually I do but I can't say them on here.....................................
Recall him.

The law is very clear that while police enjoy tremendous discretion in ascertaining whether someone is a threat to police, police have no duty to save lives.
If it makes you fell better to think that- fine. Police officers save lives every day-- duty or no duty. Certainly their actions (in this case inaction) should not cost lives- but in this case it did.
In this situation they had a duty to do everything to take that shooter down- which would have resulted in saving lives. Why do you think it would be important to take the shooter down? TO SAVE LIVES. Goodness gracious!

This was a wake up call for small town police, teachers at small town schools, and people on social media who see disturbing posts that need to be reported.
I think most of his messages were private, hence they were only known after the fact.

People just thought he was "weird"...
He was corresponding with people that didn't know him in person

OTOH - I believe "It can't happen here" attitude was a good reason why the response was the way it was...

Last edited:
This was a wake up call for small town police, teachers at small town schools, and people on social media who see disturbing posts that need to be reported.

Recall him.
Which they will most probably do. But this goes deeper - because this is small town America. I keep going back to the beginning - when the mayor was there. The mayor was there from the get. He spoke with reporters and, I'm sure, communicated with LE on the scene. Then, he cussed out a prominent national politician on live global coverage television - calling him a "sick SOB". This is VERY PERSONAL for this man. Life time resident - this is his home.

And all this cuts deep. Now the mayor has to deal with the mistakes another life-long, respected member of the community - so well respected that he was elected to serve on the city council - and very recently at that.

I feel for this community. And I pray for them to have the strength and the grace to overcome what has happened and bring light back to their small town.

JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member