UK - Actor Kevin Spacey accused of making sexual advances, 12 charges against 4 boys *acquitted in 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
All of this! Great post. Thank you.

Gay =/= pedophile. Abuse of power (coercive control) =/= consent. Intoxicated rapist =/= unsound mind.

I don't know a single person who has sexually assaulted a minor while drunk. Not one. You think being drunk is a valid defense for sexual assault of a minor? Not wanting to be sexually assaulted is NOT being "easily offended." Please. I think it's a sad excuse for his actions and at first I thought he was out of touch and no one would excuse his behavior but now I wonder. Perhaps people are allowed to sexually assault minors if they've had too much to drink. Huh.

Here are comments from others about Spacey suddenly announcing he is more attracted to males:

Kevin Spacey’s Statement Blasted by GLAAD, Rose McGowan, Billy Eichner, and More
Dan Savage:

Tom & Lorenzo:

George Takei:

How Kevin Spacey’s coming out fuels a dangerous myth about gay men and pedophilia

Celebrities React With Fury Over Kevin Spacey's Apology To Anthony Rapp
Faith Choyce:

Wanda Sykes:

[emoji202]MOO

I seriously doubt all these celebrities knew Spacey was gay but didn't know he liked them underage.

I don't know a single person who has sexually assaulted a minor while drunk. Not one. You think being drunk is a valid defense for sexual assault of a minor? Not wanting to be sexually assaulted is NOT being "easily offended." Please. I think it's a sad excuse for his actions and at first I thought he was out of touch and no one would excuse his behavior but now I wonder. Perhaps people are allowed to sexually assault minors if they've had too much to drink. Huh.

Here are comments from others about Spacey suddenly announcing he is more attracted to males:

Kevin Spacey’s Statement Blasted by GLAAD, Rose McGowan, Billy Eichner, and More
Dan Savage:

Tom & Lorenzo:

George Takei:

How Kevin Spacey’s coming out fuels a dangerous myth about gay men and pedophilia

Celebrities React With Fury Over Kevin Spacey's Apology To Anthony Rapp
Faith Choyce:

Wanda Sykes:

I said do not allow minors to attend your adult parties, and if your are an adult, who is easily offended, don't go to drinking and drugging parties. And YES there are instances of minors at adult parties all of the time. I went to adult parties when I was very young (without my parent's knowledge, they'd have been horrified). This was over 30 years ago. There was 13 years between me and my first spouse. I was very much a minor when we started seeing each other, at parties. It happened then, and I'm sure it happens now. People don't remember what they do when they are totally out of it. I've seen people do some things that they'd never have done sober, but they were black out drunk. I'm not talking a bit tipsy, we had wild parties. No 14 y/o should be at a wild Hollywood party. That part IS on Spacey for allowing him to be there in the first place, and drinking to excess and point of not remembering is on him too. I don't see him hiding, I see him not remembering. Idc what the gay community thinks of his coming out. It's been known that he's played both sides of the field for a long time. It's no big secret...

Exactly, it's not as cut and dried as accusations justifying guilt by social media. A rape victim who invites her rapist into her home a month after the rape must have nerves of steel.

A friend got loaded on alcohol at a party one night, and took some ludes, not a good combo, and made a very scary move on this poster. I never allowed myself to be in the same room with that person, alone, again, if we all happened to show up at the same party. I never invited that person to any of our get togethers, at my home, again. I hated it, because we'd been friends, but, I couldn't trust that it wouldn't happen again. I remembered it b/c I was NOT loaded. I, fortunately, never drank to black out, like some of my friends did. It's a small town w/zero to do, so that's what we all did on Friday and Sat. nights, back in the day. Get together, play poker, and party. Most of my friends are dead from alcoholism, and/or, hard drug use, now.

It seems that The Life of David Gale was foreshadowing of his own life. I hope he doesn't die when all is said and done.

Roman Polanski and his teen victim lived in a time with less evolved social values, March 1977. Twenty years ago, and indeed in My Beautiful Life, gay men are routinely called derogatory terms. Twenty years ago was also a time with less evolved social values

Additionally, gay men are much more aggressive with men than men with women or women with men. My son was seriously harassed by a gay man at a rowing club - older men intervened and suspended the gay man from the club. It was not a criminal offense, but it was harassment - bad behavior but not illegal, unbecoming but socially accepted.

I think we need to look at complaints in temporal context, especially if the behavior has not persisted. With Spacey, it looks like it has persisted, and that he continues to be a sexually aggressive male to other men.

I wonder if there could be a new psychological definition to explain predatory behavior of people, like movie stars, where they claim a legal defense of being over-influenced by, or internalizing, an acting role.

I wonder if there could be a new psychological definition to explain predatory behavior of people, like movie stars, where they claim a legal defense of being over-influenced by, or internalizing, an acting role.

Spacey, and possibly others like him do seem to have a higher than usual sense of entitlement. Not sure if it’s cultural or inherent, possibly both. Nature and nurture? Bad combination that could lead to their inappropriate behaviors. Jmo

Spacey, and possibly others like him do seem to have a higher than usual sense of entitlement. Not sure if it’s cultural or inherent, possibly both. Nature and nurture? Bad combination that could lead to their inappropriate behaviors. Jmo

I think it's a result of living like this for the last thirty years and never being taken to task.

Where his sexual inclinations originated is anyone's guess - a bit like the olympic athlete who wanted to be a curvey girl, it looks like it came out of thin air.

Actor Harry Dreyfuss: When I Was 18, Kevin Spacey Groped Me

“He knew he could fondle me in a room with my father and that I wouldn’t say a word. He knew I wouldn’t have had the guts. And I didn’t.”

And then he did. Over the course of about 20 seconds, centimeter by centimeter, Kevin crawled his hand from my thigh over toward my crotch. My mind went blank. Suddenly, he had completed his journey and now he had all of me in his hand. I stopped reading the script and my eyes went wide. I lifted up my head and faced him. Looking into his eyes, I gave the most meager shake of my head that I could manage. I was trying to warn him without alerting my dad, who still had his eyes glued to the page. I thought I was protecting everyone. I was protecting my dad’s career. I was protecting Kevin, who my dad surely would have tried to punch. I was protecting myself, because I thought one day I’d want to work with this man. Kevin had no reaction and kept his hand there. My eyes went back to the script and I kept reading.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/harrydreyf...acey-groped-me?utm_term=.ib12QXQRV#.ht125r50V

“He knew he could fondle me in a room with my father and that I wouldn’t say a word. He knew I wouldn’t have had the guts. And I didn’t.”

And then he did. Over the course of about 20 seconds, centimeter by centimeter, Kevin crawled his hand from my thigh over toward my crotch. My mind went blank. Suddenly, he had completed his journey and now he had all of me in his hand. I stopped reading the script and my eyes went wide. I lifted up my head and faced him. Looking into his eyes, I gave the most meager shake of my head that I could manage. I was trying to warn him without alerting my dad, who still had his eyes glued to the page. I thought I was protecting everyone. I was protecting my dad’s career. I was protecting Kevin, who my dad surely would have tried to punch. I was protecting myself, because I thought one day I’d want to work with this man. Kevin had no reaction and kept his hand there. My eyes went back to the script and I kept reading.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/harrydreyf...acey-groped-me?utm_term=.ib12QXQRV#.ht125r50V

It's stunning and amazing that women are using their collective bottom-up style of government to have a voice with an 'old boy's club' institution that has exploited men and women since it's inception as hollywood. [Walt Disney would roll over in his grave.]

I sincerely hope that the vocal hollywood feminists walk the walk, and refuse all acting roles that sexualize women or portray them in a subservient, sexualized, or silly position or character. Men are not going to stop writing the roles because those are the roles that sell.
Talking the talk is not good enough.

I read the article that, I think you posted, that ran in the Dailymail. It seems their home environment was brutal, especially for his brother. That did not sound like a very nurturing environment. What roll did it play? Idk. I feel sad they grew up in that as children though.

I think, things were waaaaay different back in that era, thirty sum years ago. I'm tellin' ya, it was a wild and crazy era. I think folks look back into history through today's lens, a lot of times. We had two high school teachers in our town, who married their students, one in the late 70s, and one in the 90s! No uproar. The one from the 90s is still going strong. My cousin married out of state, because she was too young to marry here, (and it wasn't a "have-to" case). I cannot see any of those things happening today, yet we didn't really think that much about it back then.

Can't say he was drunk that time. I like to give folks the benefit of the doubt, but, that's just, well, sleazy. Seems there's a lot of people in powerful positions, who like to grab folks by the crotch. Wth do they think the grab-ee is going to do? Be flattered? No, it's another power thing.

I read the article that, I think you posted, that ran in the Dailymail. It seems their home environment was brutal, especially for his brother. That did not sound like a very nurturing environment. What roll did it play? Idk. I feel sad they grew up in that as children though.

I think, things were waaaaay different back in that era, thirty sum years ago. I'm tellin' ya, it was a wild and crazy era. I think folks look back into history through today's lens, a lot of times. We had two high school teachers in our town, who married their students, one in the late 70s, and one in the 90s! No uproar. The one from the 90s is still going strong. My cousin married out of state, because she was too young to marry here, (and it wasn't a "have-to" case). I cannot see any of those things happening today, yet we didn't really think that much about it back then.

Exactly, everything that has happened, even if it is twenty, thirty, forty, fifty years ago, was more than likely acceptable behavior at the time. To judge thirty year old behavior by today's standards, for the most part none of this would have happened if today's standards had been in place back then.

Can't say he was drunk that time. I like to give folks the benefit of the doubt, but, that's just, well, sleazy. Seems there's a lot of people in powerful positions, who like to grab folks by the crotch. Wth do they think the grab-ee is going to do? Be flattered? No, it's another power thing.

'There's nothing "sleazy" about giving the 'benefit of the doubt'.
Thirty years ago Kevin Spacy was a thirty year old likely encouraged and emboldened by the illegality of homosexuality, it would not be unusual for him to express his disdain for the law .

Anna Nicole Smith had power over an old man with money, and Micheal Jackson had power over children who wanted to see his zoo. What sort of "power thing" do you think was going on between Spacey and his victims? Do you think it was a male dominance thing, or was he searching for love with aggressive male on male sexuality?

Sexual assault and abuse is not sex, it is about power. I agree with you.

This allegation that Harry Dreyfuss recounts, if true, and it just has the ring of truth, to me. No alcohol involved, his father was there, he's reading for a roll... this is a control and power thing. He knew HD wouldn't tell his father, and there, he has RD's son, right there, assaulting him, pretty much in front of him! RD, another award winning actor, and he literally... well, he seems to have gotten traits of his father. It looks like nature and nurture at work here.

I I wonder how many Kevin Spacey Netflix films were accessed on the day Netflix announced that Spacey was toast due to festering social media rumor.

Hopefully this recent business about sexual misconduct in the movie industry will be sorted out before the consumer is compromised.

Sexual assault and abuse is not sex, it is about power. I agree with you.

Sexual assault and sexual abuse are where a victim is under the explicit control of another person.

A drunk thirty year old man at a party thirty years ago who finds himself face-en-face with a child ... sheesh ... what was the child doing there? Spacey doesn't remember the incident, but did he think that another person at the drunk party was old enough to be at a drunk party and drunk enough to end up face-en-face with a man - especially a sexually aggressive gay man?

Netflix Explores ‘House of Cards’ Spinoff Amid Kevin Spacey Controversy
by Associated Press

LOS ANGELES — Netflix is exploring a "House of Cards" spinoff as the show's final season nears amid controversy surrounding star Kevin Spacey.

The streaming channel, which reportedly is weighing different concepts for the spinoff, said Monday that the upcoming sixth season will be the last for "House of Cards."

The announcement of the Emmy-winning political satire's end came amid fallout from Spacey's alleged sexual advances toward a 14-year-old actor in the 1980s. But Netflix had already decided to end the show and was pursuing a spinoff...

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture...spinoff-amid-kevin-spacey-controversy-n815906
Or, you know, we could maybe at least have a fictional woman president. They don't really need Spacey anyway.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back