UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Naming the killers of James Bulger led to their families having to have new identities. I believe I read somewhere that RT’s family had to move 8 times in a short space of time as people kept getting suspicious and working out who they were.

If they do release his identity they should provide a new one for the sister and possibly mum.
I think it’s a very different case. RT and JV were sufficiently young that members of the public did blame their parents - particularly in RT’s case as he was known to have a difficult childhood.

In this case, the GUILTY party’s mother was instrumental in bringing him to justice and, although we don’t know the ins and outs of guilty’s childhood (yet), suffice to say he lived on a picturesque small island (not inner city Liverpool), had an iPhone 6, plenty of outdoor space and from all accounts appeared well educated and from a decent family. We know his mum drank, but we do not know to what extent as the guilty has been proven to be a compulsive liar.

Crucially, this boy is SIXTEEN years old. I do not believe anyone would be interested in targeting his mum or sister.

Do we have a photo or video of the pier where the accused said he jumped off and lost his pants? I know it is BS, but I'm just trying to get a feel for the area.

ETA, is the water warm in July?

I wonder what the sentence will be - do you think he will get off lightly and put in young offenders 'place' or what I hope put in Carstairs indefinitely

I wonder what the sentence will be - do you think he will get off lightly and put in young offenders 'place' or what I hope put in Carstairs indefinitely
i think he'll get the maximum sentence allowed - indefinite detainment - BUT it will depend on any assessments undertaken as to how long and where he will be.

I think it’s a very different case. RT and JV were sufficiently young that members of the public did blame their parents - particularly in RT’s case as he was known to have a difficult childhood.

In this case, the GUILTY party’s mother was instrumental in bringing him to justice and, although we don’t know the ins and outs of guilty’s childhood (yet), suffice to say he lived on a picturesque small island (not inner city Liverpool), had an iPhone 6, plenty of outdoor space and from all accounts appeared well educated and from a decent family. We know his mum drank, but we do not know to what extent as the guilty has been proven to be a compulsive liar.

Crucially, this boy is SIXTEEN years old. I do not believe anyone would be interested in targeting his mum or sister.

I suspect that things might come out that would make life difficult for the sister. I wouldn’t dream that anyone would blame her but being a teenage girl in today’s society is hard enough without being known as ‘that child killer’s’ sister. Just my opinion but I think the courts need to look at her protection.

Last edited:
Do we have a photo or video of the pier where the accused said he jumped off and lost his pants? I know it is BS, but I'm just trying to get a feel for the area.

ETA, is the water warm in July?
I can't imagine the water being very warm, warmer than normal as we had a good summer on the west coast. Wouldn't be that warm at night though.

I don't think he'll get off lightly but he'll be in a young offenders then moved to adult jail at 21.

I think the next question is, will he end up in prison, or a secure hospital, just a fact on the scottish hospitals, in Scotland unlike England and Wales, the electric shock treatment is used, so is not such a softer option, and could anyone answer the question to time sentence if in a hospital or prison ?

I think the next question is, will he end up in prison, or a secure hospital, just a fact on the scottish hospitals, in Scotland unlike England and Wales, the electric shock treatment is used, so is not such a softer option, and could anyone answer the question to time sentence if in a hospital or prison ?
I think maybe a secure hospital to start with. They will need to address the mental health issues that he must obviously have.

Depends on the psychological reports. He didn't use an insanity plea at any point therefore i think prison.

I hope he ends up in Carstairs - don't think the electric shock treatment is used anymore tbh - I stand to be corrected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela