GUILTY UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure someone tweeted his defence barrister said he knew he was never going to be released.

That's pretty scary really as he is already receiving the maximum punishment so it's pretty much a free for all for him now.
I would caution against any tendency to view AC as some kind of criminal mastermind who will have a field day and be Mr Big in prison. He's not. His crime is very evil but that doesn't make him a match for less evil but older and more intelligent criminals that he will have to live among inside.

Adult murderers and other hardened criminals are a little harder to overpower than 6 year old girls.

I'm pretty sure someone tweeted his defence barrister said he knew he was never going to be released.

That's pretty scary really as he is already receiving the maximum punishment so it's pretty much a free for all for him now.

I'm sure he did say that to his barrister but I'm wondering if in his head he's just biding his time and planning on ways to feign remorse and try and act as if he's been rehabilitated so that he'll ultimately get released? Probably not. But he's got a lot of years to practice.

That was one of my thoughts as well - even though it's probably not accurate - was what if he deliberately played up just how vicious and deranged he was in court so that he could, over time, try and show how much of a changed person he was and how he wasn't the same boy anymore that was in that courtroom, which might work in his favour when it comes to a parole board considering his rehabilitation?

It's hard. She kind of pushed my dad and his sister away and hasn't had much contact with them at all. But to be fair I think she is protecting her, and keeping her away from the children of the family. What made it more confusing was that I was working with them for a couple of months when the case was ongoing (before I knew). They seemed their normal selves and I didn't have a clue anything was wrong. Right i'm going off topic completely and bringing up some memories i'd rather not.

Thankyou for sharing x

I'm sure he did say that to his barrister but I'm wondering if in his head he's just biding his time and planning on ways to feign remorse and try and act as if he's been rehabilitated so that he'll ultimately get released? Probably not. But he's got a lot of years to practice.

That was one of my thoughts as well - even though it's probably not accurate - was what if he deliberately played up just how vicious and deranged he was in court so that he could, over time, try and show how much of a changed person he was and how he wasn't the same boy anymore that was in that courtroom, which might work in his favour when it comes to a parole board considering his rehabilitation?
I really can't see it. A parole board doesn't just make their decision on the grounds of how the prisoner interviews at the hearing, they have a lot of information at their disposal about the long term behaviour and psychological profile of the person they're assessing. And, of course, by the time his first parole hearing even happens he will be 47, and no longer viewed by the law as a juvenile which changes things. Once they pass 21 the legal responsibility to prioritise rehabilitation slips down the list in favour of other concerns, the main one being public safety.

None of us can predict what will happen in 27 years time, but I can't see him ever being passed for release.

I would caution against any tendency to view AC as some kind of criminal mastermind who will have a field day and be Mr Big in prison. He's not. His crime is very evil but that doesn't make him a match for less evil but older and more intelligent criminals that he will have to live among inside.

Adult murderers and other hardened criminals are a little harder to overpower than 6 year old girls.

He’s a coward. He’ll be no ‘top dog’ who's going to respect him? He’ll remain a target for the rest of his days (incarcerated or not ) His crime is heinous enough but his goading and laughing will not go down well inside. Even some of the most horrific killers have not behaved in such a way in court . I think he’ll end up going mad , like Brady.

I really can't see it. A parole board doesn't just make their decision on the grounds of how the prisoner interviews at the hearing, they have a lot of information at their disposal about the long term behaviour and psychological profile of the person they're assessing. And, of course, by the time his first parole hearing even happens he will be 47, and no longer viewed by the law as a juvenile which changes things. Once they pass 21 the legal responsibility to prioritise rehabilitation slips down the list in favour of other concerns, the main one being public safety.

None of us can predict what will happen in 27 years time, but I can't see him ever being passed for release.

Yeah, I can't either. I know they take a lot more into consideration than just what the prisoner says. I'm just wondering what he thinks, but I guess that's pretty impossible to try and figure out. Who knows how his brain works. Realistically - like you say - priority for rehabilitation diminishes after 21, so he has just over 4 years of that but I very much doubt he can be rehabilitated anyway, so it'll probably be a very pointless few years if they try. The psychologists might at least get some things to analyse and study though.

Yeah, me neither.

If he does get moved to Shotts, which high-profile criminals are currently in there? For child-abuse/rape/murder?

I just read about that dark triad its chilling and scarily accurate for AC. Thanks to another poster for posting this!!

All three dark triad traits are conceptually distinct although empirical evidence shows them to be overlapping. They are associated with a callous-manipulative interpersonal style.[8]

I don't think he will be a criminal mastermind, he's nowhere near as clever as he thinks. Quite shocked he didn't know what DNA was.

But l do think there's a chance he'll create merry hell on the inside. He might meet someone as depraved as he is to share his sick fantasies with.

I don't think he will be a criminal mastermind, he's nowhere near as clever as he thinks. Quite shocked he didn't know what DNA was.

But l do think there's a chance he'll create merry hell on the inside. He might meet someone as depraved as he is to share his sick fantasies with.
I doubt it. The more I think about it the more I think AC has a shock coming to him once he passes 21. So far his experience of the criminal justice system is the relatively kid gloves approach given to a juvenile, where its always someone's job to worry about his welfare and what makes him tick, social workers, psychologists etc. Once he passes into the adult system he will be just another lifer, and nobody cares what makes them tick.

Such efforts as there are in the adult system for rehabilitation, and they're inadequate to begin with, are all concentrated on shorter term prisoners who will definitely be released some day. Lifers take a back seat. He will find himself being treated as a minor cog in a big wheel where he's shunted from place to place to fit in with the prison routine. Obscurity, boredom and loneliness are his future, not merry hell and sharing fantasies.

A poster on the previous thread ( sorry , name escapes me ) remembered Alesha winning a teddy at the Bute Gala parade a month before she passed. A picture has now been posted on the Bute fb page with Alesha holding her prized win that day. It’s been posted because islanders are wanting to raise funds for a memorial bench. Sorry, I’m useless at links but if anyone’s interested in donating you can easily find it with a fb search or google.

I’m not usually a fan of go fund me but I’m donating to this. It’s a lovely idea and a permanent memorial for Alesha.

I just read about that dark triad its chilling and scarily accurate for AC. Thanks to another poster for posting this!!

All three dark triad traits are conceptually distinct although empirical evidence shows them to be overlapping. They are associated with a callous-manipulative interpersonal style.[8]

No worries. Thanks, for the way you have reposted it like this. I saw it the other day reading about psychopaths. I think AC is one of, if not the most dangerous criminals i've ever known of. He doesn't just have those personality defects, he's a paedophile sadist. I don't think it gets worse than him. He would have carried on killing until he was caught. I feel like he could have got away with it if he lived on the mainland or he was a bit older.

No worries. Thanks, for the way you have reposted it like this. I saw it the other day reading about psychopaths. I think AC is one of, if not the most dangerous criminals i've ever known of. He doesn't just have those personality defects, he's a paedophile sadist. I don't think it gets worse than him. He would have carried on killing until he was caught. I feel like he could have got away with it if he lived on the mainland or he was a bit older.
So do I. Its one of the things which makes me think he's not all that when it comes to criminal masterminds and won't get far up the pecking order inside. A cleverer or more disciplined mind would have bided his time for a few years and moved to the mainland to carry out his fantasies in a large city where he'd stand less chance of being caught.

I agree, he was a bit sloppy when it comes to being a killer (and I don't mean to use that word in an offensive way, I'm just using it compared to other killers). I think he is fairly intelligent but he is still a teenager and he lacks structure or maturity. He was not methodical and it was very much based on impulse. Like others have said, had he gone about it in a different fashion, or had he waited until he was a bit older I think there's a chance he may not have been caught, which is a pretty frightening prospect. But he was far too reckless for that and poor Alesha suffered the consequences.

I should add to my post above that having followed the Karen Bradley case, I have a lot of respect for the Scottish police and I really don't think he would have gotten away with it on the mainland for long either.

Its just that starting your career as a killer on a small island is begging to be caught, I didn't mean to insinuate that the police in Glasgow or any other Scottish city are pushovers, far from it.

I can’t help thinking he might actually enjoy being incarcerated, at least until the reality sets in. I think he will attempt to manipulate others as a sick game to amuse himself where he can sit back and watch the chaos unfold without getting his hands dirty. I spent a few (too many!) years living with a narcissist and he loved to kind of wind people up and let them go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz