UK UK - Anthony Knott, 33, last seen at a pub in Lewes, Sussex, 20 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This map has helped me perspective wise, and whilst I get the need to search the waterways- the logic to go near the river by accident seems strange to me. The pubs and the railway station are in the opposite direction, even if headed to Waitrose to buy cigarettes he wouldn’t be passing the river.

Attachments

• 87B5AF18-CDDF-4418-9209-1AB187791388.png
    87B5AF18-CDDF-4418-9209-1AB187791388.png
    631.7 KB · Views: 53
This map has helped me perspective wise, and whilst I get the need to search the waterways- the logic to go near the river by accident seems strange to me. The pubs and the railway station are in the opposite direction, even if headed to Waitrose to buy cigarettes he wouldn’t be passing the river.

But he doesn't know the town and possibly went the wrong way.

Or he might have just walked around aimlessly.

But he doesn't know the town and possibly went the wrong way.

Or he might have just walked around aimlessly.
Thats why I was asking earlier about signposts to the station. But also it was 7.30 in town the Friday before Christmas, lots of people to ask if you were lost. He navigated really quickly from the pub he was in to the pub they were visiting next, so I’m not sure he was lost, although you are right he could have later become lost- but walking away from the river at 7.41 (would he not be caught walking back towards the river on the same or a nearby camera?)

would he not be caught walking back towards the river on the same or a nearby camera?)

Only if he came back the same way. He could have gone down other roads with less or no cameras. I hope they find footage from after the 7.41 sighting!

Only if he came back the same way. He could have gone down other roads with less or no cameras. I hope they find footage from after the 7.41 sighting!
There’s only one other road to the river that’s the one that heads back up to Waitrose, I agree they desperately need to identify more of his movements on CCTV.

Do we know what time the alarm was raised that he had gone missing? When did the friends and colleagues he was with in the Lamb raise the alarm?

Do we know what time the alarm was raised that he had gone missing? When did the friends and colleagues he was with in the Lamb raise the alarm?
His fiancée posted publicly at 13.30 on the Saturday on her SM page he was missing. Sussex police posted about it on Monday 23rd. I don’t know the actual answer though, he was due home by 2.00am so she could go to work.

His fiancée posted publicly at 13.30 on the Saturday on her SM page he was missing. Sussex police posted about it on Monday 23rd. I don’t know the actual answer though, he was due home by 2.00am so she could go to work.

Thanks. I just wonder at what point during the evening did his friends realise that something was wrong and that he was missing. Assuming that they thought he had just popped away, surely they would have been concerned when he didn’t return to the pub or catch them up. If the last sighting on CCTV was of him walking back in the direction of the Lamb, what time did his friends leave that pub to move on to the next one? I wonder if any of them decided to stay a bit longer in the Lamb in case he came back there. I assume that they would have known he was not too familiar with Lewes.

Thanks. I just wonder at what point during the evening did his friends realise that something was wrong and that he was missing. Assuming that they thought he had just popped away, surely they would have been concerned when he didn’t return to the pub or catch them up. If the last sighting on CCTV was of him walking back in the direction of the Lamb, what time did his friends leave that pub to move on to the next one? I wonder if any of them decided to stay a bit longer in the Lamb in case he came back there. I assume that they would have known he was not too familiar with Lewes.
IDK. Women, in general, tend to have a "go together, leave together" rule, but guys...not so much. I would think his buddies just thought he left to go home, and that he was a big boy that could take care of himself?

Amateur opinion and speculation

I also didn’t realise until playing with google maps how small lewes is. 9 minute walk from E&C to station, 7 minute walk from station to Waitrose, brewers arms to Waitrose 10 minutes- whichever way you walk from edge to edge it’s less than 10 minutes.

I do think this will end up being another bizarre water case, like the many before.

However I just find it so so strange how a man can keep ending up accidentally in water?!

He was walking around for a bit, in the crisp cold English air (I'm English myself!) so he had a bit of time to sober up, and he was hardly walking slow.

So if this is ANOTHER 'water case', I don't think I'll be able to accept him another " he just accidentally fell in the water and couldn't get out".

I do think this will end up being another bizarre water case, like the many before.

However I just find it so so strange how a man can keep ending up accidentally in water?!

He was walking around for a bit, in the crisp cold English air (I'm English myself!) so he had a bit of time to sober up, and he was hardly walking slow.

So if this is ANOTHER 'water case', I don't think I'll be able to accept him another " he just accidentally fell in the water and couldn't get out".

From minute one i think the majority of us have had that thought of 'the usual'.
This is feeling a little different to me at the moment but i'm not sure if that's somewhat wishful thinking for a better outcome or not.

I will say however that if this were a 33 year old woman that we were watching on these same CCTV clips i don't think i would be really entertaining the idea of a water based accident and my mind would probably be in a more suspicious place.

From minute one i think the majority of us have had that thought of 'the usual'.
This is feeling a little different to me at the moment but i'm not sure if that's somewhat wishful thinking for a better outcome or not.

I will say however that if this were a 33 year old woman that we were watching on these same CCTV clips i don't think i would be really entertaining the idea of a water based accident and my mind would probably be in a more suspicious place.
Brilliant post. I hadnt thought of it like that at all.

i don't know about water

its the fact he left the pub/friends and turned his phone off that bugs me.....thats what i cant get past. its purposeful. i have always felt he has arranged to meet someone, maybe doubling it up with his night out.....i feel like he left to look for something/someone specific

and maybe he found it and thats where he is right now. locked in somewhere maybe. trapped. my opinion only.

i don't know about water

its the fact he left the pub/friends and turned his phone off that bugs me.....thats what i cant get past. its purposeful. i have always felt he has arranged to meet someone, maybe doubling it up with his night out.....i feel like he left to look for something/someone specific

and maybe he found it and thats where he is right now. locked in somewhere maybe. trapped. my opinion only.

Is it a fact that he purposely turned the phone off or just a fact that the phone went off at that time??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman