Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #1 *M. Bridger guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if he did it...he is keeping his mouth shut. LE needs to find her. Unbearable to think otherwise.

Is this maybe a phrasing difference due to the area? What do the locals in the area think?

Here, my kids would probably say "them" if it was more than one person. But the UK might be different as it is with other things.

I don't want everyone to get too excited if it might just be a regional phrasing difference. Kind of like estate?

I’m in the UK down in Dorset, and I say ‘them’ as in ‘I know them’ when it’s just one person. I think it’s common to say I know them when referring to a single person.

I know it doesn't really matter, but I'm confused - again. Is this man a friend of her father or the father of her friend?

I think its both, her father and him are friends as well as being the father of one of her own friends. Or at least that's how I'm reading it.

Why could I not be a fly on the wall just this once. I would give anything to know what is going on in that interview today.

It is understood details about the arrest meant Mr and Mrs Jones were too upset to appear before the cameras.

I wonder what that means - particularly the use of the word 'details' (emphasis mine), which seems to imply that it was not just the arrest itself or the identity of the suspect which caused the upset.

I’m in the UK down in Dorset, and I say ‘them’ as in ‘I know them’ when it’s just one person. I think it’s common to say I know them when referring to a single person.

I am from the south east of england and we also use them as well.

I wonder what that means - particularly the use of the word 'details' (emphasis mine), which seems to imply that it was not just the arrest itself or the identity of the suspect which caused the upset.

I think thats quite normal, the person arrested apparently was a family friend and known to the family. I think they would be deverstated to know someone they know is capable of this.

You wont hear anything on police scanners here in the UK,all the systems are now digital and scrambled...

I know it doesn't really matter, but I'm confused - again. Is this man a friend of her father or the father of her friend?

From what I can tell, he's known to almost everyone in the town. I live in a similar sized rural town and you know most people, even if you aren't really 'friends' with them. So I'm guessing that yes he is known to them, but possibly more on an aquaintance level than friend level.

Hi macsleuth and welcome to WS. The progress has been incremental thus far, it seems.

You wont hear anything on police scanners here in the UK,all the systems are now digital and scrambled...
In that case I've got major problems cuz I'm hearing voices! :giggle:
:eek:
:panic:

no new updates at the moment , still searching and trying to get info from the suspect

Theres so many questions.
Why have the police asked for people to not search,is it because theyre looking for a body?,or do they have a fairly specific area to search now so dont need extra people?.I dont believe its because of the weather..

Why did the abductor stay in the area?,did he leave area to dispose of April then return?,i mean 21hrs after the abduction he would have known of the news reports and vehicle reports etc yet hes found locally.doesnt make sense...

In that case I've got major problems cuz I'm hearing voices! :giggle:
:eek:
:panic:
Are you sure its police you hear?,my bro in law works for the police on communications and the system was changed years ago.I ended up getting rid of my scanners afterwards..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member