Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #1 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The streetlights here are an orangey/yellow colour and distort the colour of just about any vehicle to a grey/beige colour (tho not blacks/reds).
At the time it was almost dark, the twilight tends to make it hard for the eye to adjust to distinguish the correct colour and in the presence of streetlights as well I doubt even an adult would be able to say the correct colour without specifically looking for it.

moo etc

Respectfully oushkaboo, if what you are saying is true, we must entirely discount the possibility that the witness can be relied upon for an accurate description of a driver.
If it was too dark to even recognize the color of the vehicle, blue vs. light grey/tan?, then how was she able to give a good description of the driver?

I don't know, that's why I asked. The only place I've seen that said is in posts on here, not in any media reports so I just wondered if some of the American posters were being misled by a phrase they were unfamiliar with.

Where are people getting the idea that the searching is based on info from the arrested person? Does anybody know?

ETA - ok, Wfgodot has already answered me.

i heard it from watching the press conference the police said something along the lines of the information given to them by the suspect was directing the search.

It does seem odd that they keep saying that the man in question is giving them much info of where to look. I wonder if it is possible that little April was able to get away from him during the night and ran off. He might have been looking for her that evening he was walking around and put under arrest. Maybe thats why they are searching everywhere he tells them to look. He may not know where she is either. I hope and pray that she is just hideing and afraid to come out and will be found safe and sound.

I dont recall reading or hearing anything that would indicate MB was giving any specific info to the police... or that they were going anywhere he said to go.
I vaguely remember the press conf. stating that they had in some way been led by the outcomes of interviews with MB but tbh, I dont think anything can be read into that comment. They could be searching anywhere and everywhere, espcially if he isnt talking.
If he is then I cant understand why she hasnt been found, or why we're not hearing appeals for other POI's...

As far as we know MB could have replied 'no comment' to any/all questions asked, and its possible the only reason they were allowed an extention to his remand was due to evidence against him/the fact he isnt talking and due to the placement of himself and his vehicles.
Fact is, by keeping quiet and not implicating himself in anyway MB could sit there and keep schtum. Unless they find some hard evidence to hold him he will eventually be freed and there will be no justice. IMO I think this is why they are searching so many targetted areas and appealing for MB's whereabouts from mon - tues.

I cant bare to think of precious April out there tongiht, its raining and windy and cold, my 3 yr old said a wish for you tonight and I hope you can feel the love searching for you.

I have a newborn and its difficult to consentrate so I hope the above makes sense.
Moo etc

next conference at 11am not sure if this is already known on here

I dont recall reading or hearing anything that would indicate MB was giving any specific info to the police... or that they were going anywhere he said to go.
I vaguely remember the press conf. stating that they had in some way been led by the outcomes of interviews with MB but tbh, I dont think anything can be read into that comment. They could be searching anywhere and everywhere, espcially if he isnt talking.
If he is then I cant understand why she hasnt been found, or why we're not hearing appeals for other POI's...

As far as we know MB could have replied 'no comment' to any/all questions asked, and its possible the only reason they were allowed an extention to his remand was due to evidence against him/the fact he isnt talking and due to the placement of himself and his vehicles.

That's the way I see it too. People are interpreting things different ways, sometimes to fit their own agenda I think.

Respectfully oushkaboo, if what you are saying is true, we must entirely discount the possibility that the witness can be relied upon for an accurate description of a driver.
If it was too dark to even recognize the color of the vehicle, blue vs. light grey/tan?, then how was she able to give a good description of the driver?

BBM
Its not that it was too dark, it was likely quite bright. Its the streetlights that distort the colour.
I once had to give the police a description of a POI in a local brawl. I knew he was wearing a striped jumper but not sure of the colours, the only lighting was a streetlamp. I thought it was grey & white. I found out later it was red & light blue.

The lights are a bright orange/yellow colour.

I would nip outside and take a photo of my car but its too late and raining hard.

i just read that witnesses are saying that he was seen searching on monday night . they are appealing for more info on this.

also just seen a psychic post her vision of where she could be , i dont know if people here are into that stuff but personally if it could be true its worth looking into , i would if it were my child.

yep , doesnt get close with the colour yet recognises a left hand drive car at age 7 .

Don't forget the car has a silver flash down the side, which would have been the brightest thing, perhaps reflecting the light and being the most memorable thing about the car.

At the time, the 7 year old (M iirc) may not have thought anything of April getting in the car. At one point it was said that April's mother went to M house to find out if April was there, which is when she found out what had happened - I don't think M ran indoors shouting that April had been abducted, probably because it hadn't occurred to her that it was a 'bad thing' and so therefore would not necessarily have made a point of looking closely or remembering things in great detail.

I'm not sure she said it was a left hand drive car, but she was probably able to tell them which way the car was facing and if April got in the door closest to them, or the one furthest away.

However, I am still finding all the information about the cars to be quite muddled. We saw the police surrounding a Ford Connect and at last night's news conference it was said they had one Landrover and were still looking for a light coloured Landrover Discovery.

I wonder whether when MB put his car into the garage he was loaned another vehicle, maybe by the garage? There are statements saying 'he had access to' other vehicles

i just read that witnesses are saying that he was seen searching on monday night . they are appealing for more info on this.

also just seen a psychic post her vision of where she could be , i dont know if people here are into that stuff but personally if it could be true its worth looking into , i would if it were my child.

Yes, I read that a couple of young girls (teens, I am guessing) said they had seen MB out searching on Monday evening. This was posted on FB and it looks as though the posts have been removed, either by the poster or one of the admin running the group when they were having a 'tidy up' and removing all negative comments.

Fact is, by keeping quiet and not implicating himself in anyway MB could sit there and keep schtum. Unless they find some hard evidence to hold him he will eventually be freed and there will be no justice. IMO I think this is why they are searching so many targetted areas and appealing for MB's whereabouts from mon - tues.

I cant bare to think of precious April out there tongiht, its raining and windy and cold, my 3 yr old said a wish for you tonight and I hope you can feel the love searching for you.

I have a newborn and its difficult to consentrate so I hope the above makes sense.
Moo etc

If they don't find any hard evidence, then he must be freed. We can't say that justice wasn't done, if there is no proof to tie him to the crime. In fact, the injustice would be jailing a man with no hard evidence, just because people think he did it.

He has only been arrested and questioned so far. Yes, it may move on and he may be charged, but at the moment this man, by law, is presumed innocent.

Don't forget the car has a silver flash down the side, which would have been the brightest thing, perhaps reflecting the light and being the most memorable thing about the car.

At the time, the 7 year old (M iirc) may not have thought anything of April getting in the car. At one point it was said that April's mother went to M house to find out if April was there, which is when she found out what had happened - I don't think M ran indoors shouting that April had been abducted, probably because it hadn't occurred to her that it was a 'bad thing' and so therefore would not necessarily have made a point of looking closely or remembering things in great detail.

I'm not sure she said it was a left hand drive car, but she was probably able to tell them which way the car was facing and if April got in the door closest to them, or the one furthest away.

However, I am still finding all the information about the cars to be quite muddled. We saw the police surrounding a Ford Connect and at last night's news conference it was said they had one Landrover and were still looking for a light coloured Landrover Discovery.

I wonder whether when MB put his car into the garage he was loaned another vehicle, maybe by the garage? There are statements saying 'he had access to' other vehicles

if the stripe on the side of the car was reflective that would certainly make sense , well when i say left hand drive they deduced that from the fact that the child said april got in the drivers side . to get that info the little girl did really well ,

bbm, iirc she told them that April had got into the drivers side... which to any British child/person would be the rhs. Obv at the time the witness probably didnt know the car was lhd.

Didn't I read that April's parents suggested this guy right away?If so, why would this be, if they were such close friends?

Didn't I read that April's parents suggested this guy right away?If so, why would this be, if they were such close friends?
The London Evening Standard quoted a friend who said Coral Jones mentioned to her they had given police Bridger's name.

Context is lacking though - police may have first asked for a list of the family's friends and acquaintances.

If they don't find any hard evidence, then he must be freed. We can't say that justice wasn't done, if there is no proof to tie him to the crime. In fact, the injustice would be jailing a man with no hard evidence, just because people think he did it.

He has only been arrested and questioned so far. Yes, it may move on and he may be charged, but at the moment this man, by law, is presumed innocent.

I think it should be said too that the police themselves seem very sensible about that. They're pursuing other lines of enquiry, according to the spokesman at the press conference, and they seem to be searching in areas that would be common sense to search whoever is their suspect, eg, extending the search into Snowdonia.

The police themselves don't show any signs of tunnel vision, they're doing everything to find April. Its some sections of the press which are honing in on their current suspect and trying to portray him as Jack the Ripper, just like the tabloids always do. If it turns out he's innocent, he wouldn't be the first person the tabloids portrayed that way, only for it to turn out he had nothing to do with it.

If April knew this man, then did the 7 yr. old know him, too? Since he lived in that area, it would seem probable that she did. I assume most 7 yr. olds would know what color vehicle a neighbor has, even if they couldn't know the make or model.
I wish the confusion over the vehicles was cleared up. Is it possible his was in the shop being worked on and the one they are impounding was a loaner?

Apologies & agreed. I was jumping ahead of it all.

My job makes me a very non tolerant person when it comes to crimes against children & I tend to have any person hung, drawn & quartered in my mind at the mere hint of their involvement.

Maybe they knew he'd taken her for a drive the day before. (if that was true about him doing that)

Apologies & agreed. I was jumping ahead of it all.

My job makes me a very non tolerant person when it comes to crimes against children & I tend to have any person hung, drawn & quartered in my mind at the mere hint of their involvement.

Its only natural with cases like this. Absolutely heartbreaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214