Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #2 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe there will be a team that will readily available to the school on how to deal with it, I know there was when a friend's pupil committed suicide, but he was 13.

However, this is not the same as a pupil dying from an illness and having to have it explained, as a lot of her fellow classmates will have heard all the local tittle tattle over the past few days. They may not have understood everything, and possibly could be feeling very scared, so maybe the sooner they have it relayed to them, and get assurances by trained people the better.

They need to tell them the truth, something like "we don't know where April is, a bad man took her and the police caught him, but he has hidden her, so we are all looking for her".

It's an awful thing to have to tell a child but it's better than them half knowing and imagining God knows what.

Personally, for the sake of the community here, I think the LE should NOT pussyfoot around the language of this murder investigation. By saying there's "hope for April" is misleading a load of already delusional people here. At least be honest enough to say "there's hope for recovering her body". JMO.

By saying "there's hope for April" they are also saying "oops might not be a murder charge after all".

Which is it????

Irish Examiner quoted not Det Supt Ian John but the mayor of Machynlleth, Gareth Jones, then, in its headline, incorrectly (and sensationally) attributed the quote to Det Supt John.
Mayor of Machynlleth Gareth Jones said it had been an “extremely difficult” week and it was important to give support to those grieving.

“It’s extremely important that there’s support in place for everybody, obviously April and her family and the general community at large as well,” Mr Jones said.

“There’s still hope for April.”

I always told my children there are good people and bad people out there. And the bad can be very tricky, even convincing us they are good. And to never go with anybody unless they know our secret word. I also told my kids not to tell anybody our secret word! That I am the only one that can tell someone. Then my kids would have a question if some one had our secret word, which would reveal an answer only we would know.
Gotta protect our bAbies! They are so innocent!

Dear me. Where in that article does it actually quote Superintendent Ian John insisting "that police still hope to find missing five-year-old April Jones alive." ?? Sensationalism!

like the first sentence in the article

Personally, for the sake of the community here, I think the LE should NOT pussyfoot around the language of this murder investigation. By saying there's "hope for April" is misleading a load of already delusional people here. At least be honest enough to say "there's hope for recovering her body". JMO.

I tend to agree however I think that LE has a horrible message to deliver to the family and community and they don't want to be insensitive in doing so. The church service today delivered a very clear message to the community IMHO

Dear me. Where in that article does it actually quote Superintendent Ian John insisting "that police still hope to find missing five-year-old April Jones alive." ?? Sensationalism!

“There’s still hope for April.”

Superintendent Ian John has insisted that police still hope to find missing five-year-old April Jones alive.

this is exactly what i want clarity on , either the reporter completly misinterpreted what was said and it was hope of finding her body that they are refering to or

the police dont have / havent shared with the family / other policemen that they do in fact have concrete proof that she cant possibly be alive .

after the press conference on saturday ( i think) the policeman at the conference spoke to a reporter outside who questioned him on the murder charge and how it had come about and the policeman said ( not actually quoting because i cant remmember that well ) that the decision was based on evidence that she had been murdered and also the time she had been missing .
i have looked for that news clip everywhere and i can only find the press conference one not the interview with him outside afterwards .

if the evidence was made up of two parts does that neccersarily mean equal parts ?

if the policeman did indeed say there is still hope that april is alive and he was privvy to all the evidence gathered to me that means that the physical evidence is less conclusive thus leaving a small but nonetheless important sliver of hope . if this is the case then it is no wonder some people appear to be illogical and in denial .

im hoping that the policeman who allegedly said she could still be alive will make it known by the press if he was misunderstood .

what isnt logical is police telling you your child is dead and you keep hoping this isnt not true....unless police DO NOT HAVE THE EVIDENCE, IMO the family should be told what the evidence is

Clutchbag: The police won't and can't tell the family the evidence they have that April is definitely dead.

Some years ago, but not long ago (in the UK) - my little sister went out for a walk with her dog and never came back. We live in a wild and rural hilly area. Police lauched a massive search that lasted 8 days. My little sister was eventually found dead in terrain similar to that in Wales.

Police did not tell us the cause of death and were very sketchy about details. They then investigated whether she was murdered BUT THEY DID NOT TELL US THAT at the time. They then did not find enough evidence for murder apparently, so it went to the coroner who decided accidental death. That was a whole year later. Only at that point did we find out 1. how she actually died, and 2. that the police had originally suspected murder!

If the police believe that a person is dead but there is no body found, they tell the family nothing, except to say something like "We are sure she will not be found alive" and that's it. I hope this helps.

Knowing the local dialect, and that coupled with the fact that many people here actually speak WELSH as their first language, I can totally understand Welsh people saying "There's hope for April" as meaning "There's hope for (finding) April('s body)". I totally get it - but it appears that many don't, many journalists who want to keep the story spinning, and social networkers who thrive on public outpouring of grief. None of this will help the family move on. jmo

Hi all, I'm a new member but have been reading all this thread for a few days and its such a tragic situation. It seems such a strange case as has been discussed in many posts. What has intrigued me though is a photo I saw of MB with a large scorpion tattoo on his chest. He could simply be a Scorpio, but also a scorpion symbol may give an insight into his character. It was just a thought and wondered if anyone else picked up on that.

Clutchbag: The police won't and can't tell the family the evidence they have that April is definitely dead.

Some years ago, but not long ago (in the UK) - my little sister went out for a walk with her dog and never came back. We live in a wild and rural hilly area. Police lauched a massive search that lasted 8 days. My little sister was eventually found dead in terrain similar to that in Wales.

Police did not tell us the cause of death and were very sketchy about details. They then investigated whether she was murdered BUT THEY DID NOT TELL US THAT at the time. They then did not find enough evidence for murder apparently, so it went to the coroner who decided accidental death. That was a whole year later. Only at that point did we find out 1. how she actually died, and 2. that the police had originally suspected murder!

If the police believe that a person is dead but there is no body found, they tell the family nothing, except to say something like "We are sure she will not be found alive" and that's it. I hope this helps.

im really sorry about your sister *advertiser censored*

So sorry :(

So sorry :(
Just confused with police saying they hope to find her alive when theres a murder charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE