Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #3 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know where MB was going (walking to) when he was arrested?

I want to hang him by his toenails until he tells where she is. :praying:

I want to hang him by his toenails until he tells where she is. :praying:

I recall reading that he was walking back towards Machynlleth on the opposite side of the river Dyfi, coming from the general direction of his home in Ceinws.

<rsbm>

I recall reading that he was walking back towards Machynlleth on the opposite side of the river Dyfi, coming from the general direction of his home in Ceinws.

I think so too. We know where he was arrested and in which direction he was walking but I don't believe we know what his intended destination was. Map attached

Attachments

• _63264367_aprilmapwed1.jpg
    _63264367_aprilmapwed1.jpg
    368.5 KB · Views: 13
Why would they be doing this now? If they find out any information, they can't print it - it might be predjudicial to a trial

Perhaps they want to see if he is linked to any crimes in Spain.

I wonder what he told LE when asked where he was coming from - and where he was going to/what his destination was.

Yes he was Jigzy, Possibly going to collect his Landrover? He'd have had quite a walk back up to his cottage i'd think looking at the geography of that area. Or maybe to meet someone to get a lift?

The police said several times they were trying to connect what information he had given to what witnesses were saying so they could work out his movements in those hours.

A lot of his friends and old neighbours genuinely think he is innocent of any wrong-doing (which of course he may yet be) perhaps they came forward with information that would help clear him of any involvement??

Yes he was Jigzy, Possibly going to collect his Landrover? He'd have had quite a walk back up to his cottage i'd think looking at the geography of that area. Or maybe to meet someone to get a lift?

The police said several times they were trying to connect what information he had given to what witnesses were saying so they could work out his movements in those hours.

Seeing as a lot of his aquaintences are still in denial that he is guilty, maybe some of his friends came forward with info to the police, thinking they would help clear him of involvement??

He isn't guilty yet...he hasn't been to trial or confessed.

Perhaps they want to see if he is linked to any crimes in Spain.

Yes I'm sure they are digging for anything "interesting" they can find. My first thought was why bother now since he has been charged. I overlooked the fact the this is not a UK publication so they are not subject to the same laws as the British press.

Yes, enhanced CRB check with bells on.

That's an interesting point. If he passed a background check to be a lifeguard at a family leisure centre, what is this his first offense? A bit unusual to leap from nothing to abduction and murder, I would have thought.

While Machynlleth and the surrounding area is comparatively safe, violent crimes aren't unknown. Some 50 years ago a policeman was shot by a burglar at Dyfi Bridge one moonlit night, causing the policeman to permanently lose his sight. Last year an bank robbery took place at NatWest bank in the town - the suspect fled to Welshpool with another two accomplices where they were eventually arrested after dumping the first car.

As for finding the body of a child in the area around Machynlleth, the chances are remote. If you think Saddleworth Moor is vast, then the terrain around Mach is much, much larger, and nowhere near as open. You'd realistically need a search party of several hundred thousand to cover the terrain. It's just not feasible. If April Jones is out there somewhere, and not swept out to sea, she's likely to be discovered by chance by a sheep farmer, say, or a forestry worker, some months or years hence. That's assuming she hasn't been washed out to sea. The Dyfi is unforgiving once in flood. I know the lower Dyfi valley very well having spent a great deal of time there over several decades.

That's an interesting point. If he passed a background check to be a lifeguard at a family leisure centre, what is this his first offense? A bit unusual to leap from nothing to abduction and murder, I would have thought.

That's the giant problem with CRB - a squeaky clean background resulting in a golden ticket pass is no indicator of future behaviour. This has been born out time after time in the UK. It just means that that person hasn't been caught yet. Jimmy Savile is probably a good example.

Hello Cendlaetholwr, and welcome to WS.

Thank you. I decided to join as Mach is local to me, I have friends there with family, and my ancestors originated from there. My mother used to teach at the primary school in the 1950s.

Sometimes people get away with crimes for years. His not having a record does not mean he has not offended, just that he had not been caught, if he had.

And if he is guilty, I think he murdered her to prevent her from telling whatever else he did to her first. She knew him, could identify him, so he probably killed her to protect himself.

An 11-year old was taken into a truck, assaulted and released last night in Wyoming, USA; by a stranger. Perhaps he figured she could not identify him, so he let her go (which is rare.) Hoping she will still be able to so do, when/if the attacker is caught.

That's the giant problem with CRB - a squeaky clean background resulting in a golden ticket pass is no indicator of future behaviour. This has been born out time after time in the UK. It just means that that person hasn't been caught yet. Jimmy Savile is probably a good example.

Well, that's true too. Its just worth noting that the abduction and murder of a child would be an unusual one for a first offense.

(I don't think Jimmy savile would have passed any background checks, he got away with it by being rich and famous. He may not have had a criminal record, but his activities were an open secret).

talking about jimmy soVILE -I do not know if one is allowed to mention other threads on websleuths but there is one about him on Crimes against children.

CRB checks are a bit of a joke, Ian Huntly got a "pass" in the Soham area because they never put 2 + 2 together with the Humberside area if I remember correctly.

My husband is a swimming teacher, he has a CRB certificate - means nothing - just that he hasn't been caught yet. (That sounds a bit wrong, but if he were a paedo with no convictions, he'd still pass for a CRB check).

Sorry, that cross posted with Cendlaetholwr - Welcome/Croeso.

The problem I have with all of this is, he just doesn't seem a likely offender.

He has clearly not confessed nor given any information at all regarding April. Is this because he's being obstructive, or is his claim that he is innocent and HAS no information?

You are all right, a person generally doesn't turn into a child murderer overnight. With this in mind I would expect there to be some sort of trigger for this crime.

What was the trigger (if indeed it was MB)?

Was there something that happened very recently that has made him snap? Was there a problem with Aprils parents somehow? I had read that MB and Aprils father were good friends...did something happen there?

I would also expect people to come forward and say he was inappropriate with little girls. There seems to be exactly zero of this, unlike most child molestors/murderers who usually have dozens of victims behind them.

Is it possible he has been framed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member