Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #3 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree. If she's not found and evidence is borderline as to whether she is alive or dead, I can hear these words being referred to at trial by Bridger's attorney.

Scary stuff!! Please god don't let this be another Police faux pax...And surely the CPS wouldn't have said what they did in support of pressing charges!
It's such a high profile case, I cannot see how they could bring this charge without firm evidence!!

Totally agree. If she's not found and evidence is borderline as to whether she is alive or dead, I can hear these words being referred to at trial by Bridger's attorney.

Exactly. What the he*l is going on here?

The police chaplain should not pointificate about whether April could be found alive - the police have evidence and we don't. It's not his business to say that.

They have charged a man with kidnap, murder and perverting the course of justice, and now a police chaplain says there is hope she could be found alive! Talk about mixed messages and way to go trying to undermine the case!

The police need to get a GRIP. Stop with the pink ribbons when there is a live murder investigation, speak plainly and not in riddles - this is only about April - that should the police's focus - they should not to side with anyone, they must be detached and independent, and the police or their chaplain are not there to "support the community." or to provide hope.

I don't know what's going on here at all.

Scary stuff!! Please god don't let this be another Police faux pax...And surely the CPS wouldn't have said what they did in support of pressing charges!
It's such a high profile case, I cannot see how they could bring this charge without firm evidence!!

I find myself that high profile cases are the ones in which the police and CPS are more likely to make a mistake. There's more pressure from the media and the public to make an arrest is the reason, I suppose.

Not saying that's happened here, just a general observation.

Take a look at this quote from today's Daily Mail:

Superintendent Ian John, who has headed the search, said: ‘We have to prepare for the time when we accept that we might never find April.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-found.html?ITO=socialnet-twitter-mailonline

Why is he mincing his words? Should he not be saying "We are doing our utmost, but we may never find April's BODY"

I am going to make a prediction: unless the police start talking plainly, when the search inevitably ends, there will be a public order issue in that community.

I feel really sorry for this guy, for some reason. Well I feel sorry for anyone who has killed someone without setting out to do so, actually. One moment that can ruin so many people's lives in one sweep, and if you are *normally* a reasonably caring or normal person, then you're going to be devastated yourself at what you've done - to say nothing of the consequences to yourself.

I wonder if, when he went to the school meeting, he was already feeling slightly angry with the world, just split with g/f and no job......
Then he sees his 2 children, with his ex and her husband, and looks at them as the happy family unit, and there he is, having a bad time in his life and feeling very left out of things.
So he comes out, in a bad temper and drives erratically up and down the road, sees children playing, yet another reminder of how other families are all doing ok and decides to create a bit of upset and worry for some of the parents by taking the children off for a drive.
And then it all goes horribly wrong

Why is he mincing his words? Should he not be saying "We are doing our utmost, but we may never find April's BODY"

I am going to make a prediction: unless the police start talking plainly, when the search inevitably ends, there will be a public order issue in that community.[/QUOTE]

This is really starting to leave a bad taste.

Can i just ask you all a question that's been in my head....

CJ was taken from her house in an unmarked Police car the day before MB was charged. I know this could be for any number of reasons that are totally irrelevant...but IF he had asked to see CJ in the understanding he would tell 'her' something would they allow that??? I've probably been watching too much trash on TV but was thinking that could be where the perverting Justice could have come from somehow??? Please delete this if I'm wrong in asking.:banghead:

Extremely unlikely. And possibly illegal too, although I'm not sure about that.

I'm not sure either, Ins Dots, but I think that people can't see anyone while they are under arrest and being questioned by police.

Think it's a no win situation.

The police are damned if they do & damned if they don't.

OMG! I find that deeply shocking and irresponsible, if the police have evidence that April is dead. Sometimes, the police will take local community leaders into their confidence in order to help the community accept - and you think they would have done this with their own chaplain! Not in this case, obviously. Giving people hope where there is none is not helpful at all. Why is he saying there has got to be hope or there is despair? What? He is supposed to be a Christian in which case if April is dead, she is in a better place with God! This whole case gets stranger and stranger.

I don't find this shocking, he is a chaplain, its his job to give people hope when they have none.

I don't think he means if she is dead and with god there is despair,
Everyone "hopes" AJ is still alive and if she is not then they "hope" there is something after death, a better place with God, without either of those then there is despair! JMO

I don't find this shocking, he is a chaplain, its his job to give people hope when they have none.

Everyone "hopes" AJ is still alive and if she is not then they "hope" there is something after death, a better place with God, without either of those then there is despair! JMO

He is a Police Chaplain - chaplain whose job it is to provide ministry to the police - not to the public.

This is shocking because a man has been charged with murder. This means the official position is that the child is dead. There can be no other meaning. For one in the employ of the police to make such a statement is deeply irresponsible and hands an advantage to the counsel of the man eventually to be tried for murder.

A chaplain can find many ways to "give hope" other than to base his world view on the possibility of "miracles."

He is perpetuating the hope that she will be found alive. How can that be reconciled with the fact that LE have just charged someone with her murder?

Mr Evans, who led a service for officers and search volunteers ahead of a procession for April in the town on Sunday, said: “There has simply got to be hope.

“You don’t know what has happened. A miracle could have happened and little April could still be alive and we need to keep that hope close to our hearts for the community of Machynlleth.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/2012/1...-got-to-be-hope-91466-32000982/#ixzz28poFaWEV

It just isn't feasible for LE to search until she is found. She may be in a place where she won't ever be found, without a confession. It is unrealistic to think that LE and searchers can keep this up for months and months, and still perhaps not have found her. I am sure they are doing all they can.

This is news to me:

" THE Olive Press is investigating Spanish links to the man charged with the abduction and murder of five-year-old April Jones.

Mark Bridger, 46, is said to have lived and worked in Spain for a number of years according to an Olive Press source.

It is thought he may have worked as a lifeguard on the Costa del Sol and also owned a Spanish registered L-reg Land Rover Discovery which has now been seized by police.

The blue Land Rover (below) is the same vehicle Bridger is said to have given the five-year-old a ride in two days before her abduction.

The Olive Press is asking for anyone who remembers this man or has information to contact the news desk at: newsdesk@theolivepress.es"

http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-n...investigates-mark-bridger-spanish-connection/

He is a Police Chaplain - chaplain whose job it is to provide ministry to the police - not to the public.

oops my mistake, I did not read correctly that he was a police chaplain, I was confuse with the public service held for AJ on Sunday where during the readings they spoke about hope and despair, got the two mixed up.

This is news to me:

" THE Olive Press is investigating Spanish links to the man charged with the abduction and murder of five-year-old April Jones.

Mark Bridger, 46, is said to have lived and worked in Spain for a number of years according to an Olive Press source.

It is thought he may have worked as a lifeguard on the Costa del Sol and also owned a Spanish registered L-reg Land Rover Discovery which has now been seized by police.

The blue Land Rover (below) is the same vehicle Bridger is said to have given the five-year-old a ride in two days before her abduction.

The Olive Press is asking for anyone who remembers this man or has information to contact the news desk at: newsdesk@theolivepress.es"

http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-n...investigates-mark-bridger-spanish-connection/

Why would they be doing this now? If they find out any information, they can't print it - it might be predjudicial to a trial

Why would they be doing this now? If they find out any information, they can't print it - it might be predjudicial to a trial

I think that particular publication is Spanish which means they can publish whatever they want about the suspect. Its only the UK press who are restricted.

I think that particular publication is Spanish which means they can publish whatever they want about the suspect. Its only the UK press who are restricted.

Ah yes. Thank you.

Superintendent Ian John.......said: ‘We have to prepare for the time when we accept that we might never find April.

Maybe he is being careful to NOT use the word BODY for a good reason. Maybe he should be using the word 'remains'.
jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member