Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #3 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just some points I think may be relevant.

The area is primarily Welsh (Cymraeg) speaking although all will also be fluent in English which is the language being used for interviews and reports. Cymraeg will be used often in social environments and we don't know what language was originally used by witnesses. Quotes in English may be an unofficial translation or interpretation.

DNA evidence needs to be placed in context for it to have meaning. On its own it is unreliable. So an explanation of the DNA will be needed to make it significant.

Cadaver dogs can only provide a lead that must be followed to produce something of substance that can be presented as evidence.

Simply a reaction of the dogs is not enough as they can become confused. For example, someone could be drinking orange juice in a bar for hours but on leaving pass a sniffer dog trained to detect alcohol that will react. However, that doesn't prove the person has been drinking alcohol.

All the best.

This could be anyone, lots of people were out searching, Camouflage is very common now & they could quite easily be dark jeans the man was wearing, not black waterproof trousers.
The day MB first appeared in court there was a man grabbed by police for throwing stones or something at the van, he had very short hair like MB's and a camouflage jacket on (not that i'm saying it was him in the video).

Hes been there over 22 years, not 15. Re the crb checks, even if it was before they were introduced I would imagine the council would have asked police if he had a record, similar with teachers, bank workers etc. Only guessing though, because I cant imagine noones records were checked out before 2002

Yes, I know he's been there since at least 1989 if not longer. Some posters expressed the view that he couldn't possibly have a criminal record because a CRB check would have been done and he wouldn't have got the lifeguard job if he had a record.

Well, if he was a lifeguard before 2002, I doubt much checking was done. In which case, I don't think we can infer anything either way. He may have a criminal record, he may not. Even if he does, a jury won't be told about it at the trial.

Yes, if he saw the evidence had been caught on a rock or branch.

This really wasn't my idea of what the waterproof trousers were. I took it to mean that they were waterproof overtrousers as opposed to some sort of waders.

This really wasn't my idea of what the waterproof trousers were. I took it to mean that they were waterproof overtrousers as opposed to some sort of waders.

I think they were, but perhaps that's all he had available?

I think they were, but perhaps that's all he had available?

Maybe. Maybe he just wore them because of the weather and he was out and about in fields etc to stop him getting wet, like they are intended for.

I was very struck by the power of the River Dulas (which runs behind MB's cottage) in that video. Even though it is only a tributary of the Dyfi, it is quite a torrent.

I still feel it likely that poor AJ ended up in the water, and that MB then followed the Dulas down to the Dyfi bridge to make sure that no evidence had been caught on rocks or branches on the way - hence the waterproof trousers, just in case it had.

Wouldnt he have done that at first light in the morning rather than midday, hours and hours after search parties were out?

Eta

Then again I cant remember if the river was searched right from the beginning or if they were all combing mountains and forests and other land in general

Wouldnt he have done that at first light in the morning rather than midday, hours and hours after search parties were out?

Yes, why would he be disposing of evidence right in front of people who "knew him well" ?

Yes, why would he be disposing of evidence right in front of people who "knew him well" ?

Yes, it takes alot of brass neck and a cold arrogance to just turn up after committing a crime like nothings happened. Its almost like gloating, catch me if you can mentality, but he doesnt seem to me to be like that.

Didnt someone say he turned up for work the next morning, and other reports saying he was unemployed?

What Im thinking is, if he had nothing to do with it, wouldnt he have been in the town as soon as soon as he heard the news, commenting, joining the searches? he was after all her uncle of sorts. Unless he doesnt watch the TV? But if it was him filmed by the river wouldnt he have seen the crowds searching? Just thinking out loud.

This suggests that MB's stint as a lifeguard was not recent. IIRC CRB checks started in 2002. If it was 15 years ago or more that MB worked as a Lifeguard that means around 1997. So CRB checks wouldn't have been done.

Mr Lewis's recollection of 15 years ago might not be accurate. Does anyone know when the Leisure Centre was built? TIA

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/in-...d-amid-search-for-april-jones-55578-31962094/

Powys council spokesman confirmed that Mark Bridger worked as a trainee apprentice at the Bro Dyfi Leisure Centre in 1990. He said: “That was 20-odd years ago for the then Montgomeryshire District Council.

“He was an employee for less than nine months.”

What Im thinking is, if he had nothing to do with it, wouldnt he have been in the town as soon as soon as he heard the news, commenting, joining the searches? he was after all her uncle of sorts. Unless he doesnt watch the TV? But if it was him filmed by the river wouldnt he have seen the crowds searching? Just thinking out loud.

People were searching by the river too, maybe he was looking look along the river for her?

To be fair the family relationships were posted today in the link above, so are we not to discuss that?

I'm not finding the link, can you bump that up for me, please?

Thanks,

Salem

Unless the crime was carefully premeditated, I doubt that he had a plan and needed time to think.

However, he might well have initially tried to dispose of the evidence early in the day, perhaps by driving up the A417 to seek a site among the quarries and potholes of Snowdonia. Remember, his car was noted as being absent between about 8 and 9am. Perhaps he saw, or heard on the radio, that the police were already closing either end of a long stretch of the A417 and so drove back, and formulated a plan that would enable nature to remove the evidence by water.

Pure speculation, of course, but Occam's Razor suggests that a fast flowing river that runs into the sea would account for a body not being found despite a huge search effort over the last 11 days.

Unless the crime was carefully premeditated, I doubt that he had a plan and needed time to think.

However, he might well have initially tried to dispose of the evidence early in the day, perhaps by driving up the A417 to seek a site among the quarries and potholes of Snowdonia. Remember, his car was noted as being absent between about 8 and 9am. Perhaps he saw, or heard on the radio, that the police were already closing either end of a long stretch of the A417 and so drove back, and formulated a plan that would enable nature to remove the evidence by water.

Pure speculation, of course, but Occam's Razor suggests that a fast flowing river that runs into the sea would account for a body not being found despite a huge search effort over the last 11 days.

Would that be possible with the original roadblocks in place from the night before? Especially if they were looking out for him and his vehicle?

But very few people knew him in Ceinws. It's very quiet in those parts, and it was perhaps just bad luck from his point of view that two women (who apparently did not know him) happened to see a man scrambling down the bank to the Dulas with a black bag.

All of this is some miles away from the estate where he was known, and three miles from the Dyfi where he was recognised, so he would certainly not be disposing of evidence in front of people who knew him.

Yes I agree with all of that. You might want to amend the children's names in your post, to anonymise them. :)

Apologies, Bad mistake to make. I think someone has done it for me. I do apologise my heads not quite with it today :please:

People were searching by the river too, maybe he was looking look along the river for her?

maybe

It would

But very few people knew him in Ceinws. It's very quiet in those parts, and it was perhaps just bad luck from his point of view that two women (who apparently did not know him) happened to see a man scrambling down the bank to the Dulas with a black bag.

All of this is some miles away from the estate where he was known, and three miles from the Dyfi where he was recognised, so he would certainly not be disposing of evidence in front of people who knew him.

The black bag woman or her father iirc said she knew who the man was, if she didnt know MB then it was someone else?

Eta Veggiefan, can I ask do you think he is probably the right man and if so what do you think strongly points to this

Apparently they knew the man well:
'Two women claim they spotted a man carrying a bin bag to a river the day after April Jones was snatched.

They told police he scrambled down a bank not far from where the five-year-old vanished.

As officers yesterday searched the River Dyfi close to Machynlleth, Powys, one of the women, Carwen Sheen, 36, said: “I’ve told the police what I saw. It’s up to them now.”

She had been standing by a road chatting with a friend on Tuesday when the man appeared with the black bag.

He was said to have been acting suspiciously.

The dad of one of the witnesses said last night: “My daughter and a friend saw a man, they know him well."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/april-jones-missing-witnesses-saw-1361257

However, as someone else posted, perhaps the man was carrying black waterproof trousers, or even a partly opened black umbrella, which may have looked like a black bag from a distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214