GUILTY UK - Bennylyn Burke, 25, & her 2 daughters (1 found alive), Kingwood, 17 Feb 2021 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From the article in the Scottish Sun, it sounds as though Bennylyn and her children had been living in some sort of housing scheme for women escaping domestic violence whilst in Bristol. I wonder where they lived previously.

Hmmm this makes me think she has gone back to her abusive partner. Absolutely heartbreaking if this is the case, obviously it is already, but to think she managed to get away and then possibly went back. It's so hard for DV victims to leave, many end up going back :(
Once he is named I'm guessing we'll find out a bit more about the relationship to Bennylyn

Missing mum and daughter, 2, were murdered, cops say as 2nd child found alive
“Anyone with concerns or information can speak to a local officer or call Police Scotland via 101, quoting incident 1434 of 5 March, 2021.”

A neighbour in the block where Bennylyn was living in Bristol said she last saw her in December.

She said: “I only knew her to say hello to when we met on the stairs or outside.

“She seemed nice, but very shy. She was a beautiful young woman.

“She had two children - one in a pushchair and the other old enough to walk.

“I pray she is safe and well.”

Det Supt Graeme Mackie, from the force's major investigation team, said earlier today: "Officers in Dundee attended a property on Troon Avenue around 3.20pm on Friday, 5 March, 2021, as part of an inquiry into a missing 25-year-old woman, Bennylyn Burke, and two children from South Gloucestershire.

"As a result, a 50-year-old man has been arrested in connection with this and inquiries are ongoing.''

Habari Today
The disappearances of a 25-year-old mother and her two-year-old daughter are now being treated as a murder investigation, police have confirmed. A 50-year-old man from Dundee has been charged in connection with the deaths of Bennylyn Burke and her daughter Jellica from Gloucestershire.
Poor child has been named. So very sad.

If she was in a housing development for those fleeing domestic abuse, then it may explain why it’s only given a first name initially. However, the first name is quite unique and there was a photo, so not sure if that defeats the object!

the homeowner (not named but spread everywhere and name even trending as popular!) just looks regular guy. Separated from wife and kids, links to Asia, posts about politics constantly.

really odd this girl was escaping danger, appears to have found more, and how quick the authorities were to notice this was urgent and likely linked to Dundee.

Think we need to be careful here, without police releasing his name and picture this could be just someone with the same name. It's a common name, particularly in Scotland.
The FB I am looking at has both the car that was towed away and the house that is under investigation on his profile. However, that news report could be a different person of the same age/name, because as you say it is common here.

The FB I am looking at has both the car that was towed away and the house that is under investigation on his profile. However, that news report could be a different person of the same age/name, because as you say it is common here.

Is it still up? Can't find anything that matches.

Most people (in pre-pandemic times) would fly from Bristol to Edinburgh/Glasgow to get to Dundee. The flight is generally cheaper than the train and a lot quicker. The drive takes 8-10 hours in a car, even longer by National Express/Megabus but they're not currently running except within Scotland. So either she travelled up there by train, plane or car. Last I heard everyone was being questioned at Bristol Airport their reason for travel during lockdown but of course children are still allowed to travel to see parents so it's still possible that they travelled by plane and that that was the reason given, but in that case the police would have known straight away when they were reported missing that they were in Scotland. I also find it strange that no-one reported them missing sooner, because if she was living in accommodation for people escaping DV like it has been suggested, then you would think that someone would be checking in on her regularly, like a family support worker since she had kids. She was last seen in the middle of the Feb half-term so that makes me think perhaps they travelled up to Scotland during the half-term which would have been less suspicious if people saw a woman with children travelling during the half-term. I also wonder if the 7 year old's school had managed to make any contact in terms of home-learning. The school may have been the ones to report them missing?
(All just speculation/my own opinion etc.)

Most people (in pre-pandemic times) would fly from Bristol to Edinburgh/Glasgow to get to Dundee. The flight is generally cheaper than the train and a lot quicker. The drive takes 8-10 hours in a car, even longer by National Express/Megabus but they're not currently running except within Scotland. So either she travelled up there by train, plane or car. Last I heard everyone was being questioned at Bristol Airport their reason for travel during lockdown but of course children are still allowed to travel to see parents so it's still possible that they travelled by plane and that that was the reason given, but in that case the police would have known straight away when they were reported missing that they were in Scotland. I also find it strange that no-one reported them missing sooner, because if she was living in accommodation for people escaping DV like it has been suggested, then you would think that someone would be checking in on her regularly, like a family support worker since she had kids. She was last seen in the middle of the Feb half-term so that makes me think perhaps they travelled up to Scotland during the half-term which would have been less suspicious if people saw a woman with children travelling during the half-term. I also wonder if the 7 year old's school had managed to make any contact in terms of home-learning. The school may have been the ones to report them missing?
(All just speculation/my own opinion etc.)
How and why she travelled will be interesting. Someone must have known she was headed to Dundee, for them to carry out the welfare check at his address.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo
Back