Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve also messaged PT via their Facebook messenger.

Could it be that reporting restrictions have been imposed as one of the first agenda items in the PTPH, perhaps to protect the other children?

Also has the assigned judge been changed - I recall it was originally to be heard by Dame Cheema-Grubb, but perhaps am mistaken.

I’ve also messaged PT via their Facebook messenger.

Could it be that reporting restrictions have been imposed as one of the first agenda items in the PTPH, perhaps to protect the other children?

Also has the assigned judge been changed - I recall it was originally to be heard by Dame Cheema-Grubb, but perhaps am mistaken.
I think Cheema-Grubb's still presiding over the trial. No idea of reporting restrictions I'm afraid.

I had a reply too:

Also checked CourtServe listings for Central Criminal Court (The Old Bailey) tomorrow-Friday, and they're not listed.
However they remain listed for Cambridge today-Thursday, on both CourtServe and TheLawPages, with the latter reporting "case started 09:28".

Strange!

Attachments

• F1159FEA-D6F3-4A1A-954D-B86E3A13A927.jpeg
    F1159FEA-D6F3-4A1A-954D-B86E3A13A927.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
I had a reply too:

Also checked CourtServe listings for Central Criminal Court (The Old Bailey) tomorrow-Friday, and they're not listed.
However they remain listed for Cambridge today-Thursday, on both CourtServe and TheLawPages, with the latter reporting "case started 09:28".

Strange!
"...they are due in court in London tomorrow" Does that mean that the defendants are appearing or just the barristers?

Here we go .......

The Crown Court
at Cambridge

Daily Courtroom List for Thursday 27 May 2021
FINAL 1

CAMBRIDGE

Court 1
- sitting at 09:30 am

Mrs Justice McGowan

For Mention (Defendant to Attend)

T20207197

WALKER Scott 35NT1729420

WALKER Sarah 35NT1729420

CAMSM Crown Prosecution Service

Counsel on CVP
Ah, it said counsel on CVP.

I'm not sure then, but since it says defendant to attend I think they will have to be on video too.

The don't half churn them out at the Old Bailey. It's like a justice processing factory.
Yes I did my jury service there, it was eye opening. Hundreds of jurors have to be available for the jury pool, filling a whole floor of the building. Getting in a lift was almost impossible then because it would fill up quikly with jurors and barristers all racing around trying to get to their courtroom at the right time, and you'd have to try and squeeze in or wait for the next one. Not allowed to travel in the same lift as the barristers on your own case either. Goodness knows how they're coping with distancing measures in place.

I actually think it did take place yesterday, as listed. It was down as a 'mention' which could be just one small edit/addition to the main trial paperwork, and so not considered worthy of being reported on by the media.

From google...............

What does 'for mention' mean in a Crown Court trial?

A case is listed for mention if there is an administrative matter to be ruled upon before the main trial can proceed (or proceed any further). For example, the judge may need to rule whether a certain piece of evidence can be used in court.

I actually think it did take place yesterday, as listed. It was down as a 'mention' which could be just one small edit/addition to the main trial paperwork, and so not considered worthy of being reported on by the media.

From google...............

What does 'for mention' mean in a Crown Court trial?

A case is listed for mention if there is an administrative matter to be ruled upon before the main trial can proceed (or proceed any further). For example, the judge may need to rule whether a certain piece of evidence can be used in court.
That would be considerably less than a pre-trial hearing. That would make the PT reporter completely wide of the mark suggesting that it had been moved to London for today. Perhaps one of the sleuths who got a reply from the PT could reply to that asking if they know what has happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1