Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to First Unr
If she thought her child had run away then why change her sm passwords. Surely you would want her ability to communicate with friends and family as open as possible and not restrict them??

I keep coming back to this detail. Checking her social media, yes. Totally understandable. Access her social media accounts and change the passwords? So that BW wouldn't be able to access them herself? Nope.

Go to First Unr

I keep coming back to this detail. Checking her social media, yes. Totally understandable. Access her social media accounts and change the passwords? So that BW wouldn't be able to access them herself? Nope.

forgot that detail! Yes that is just not normal behaviour at all ! However, if she knew B wouldn’t be able to access her social media accounts because she knew she was no longer alive, why would she need to change the passwords ?

Last edited:
Moving along with witnesses today

Details: - No Information To Display -
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 09:54
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 3 Sworn - 10:16
Trial (Part Heard) - No Event - 10:39
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness evidence concluded - 11:01
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 4 Sworn - 11:04
Trial (Part Heard) - No Event - 11:37
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 12:20 - 11:52
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 12:22
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 5 Sworn - 12:23
Cambridge Crown Court 1
T20207197
sarah walker
scott walker

forgot that detail! Yes that is just not normal behaviour at all ! However, if she knew B wouldn’t be able to access her social media accounts because she knew she was no longer alive, why would she need to change the passwords ?
Very good question if I may say so MrsB.

It had me stumped for a while, but I think she didn't know Bee's passwords and Bee had left the apps open but Sarah knew she would have to quickly stop using Bee's phone at their house, but she would still want access to Bee's social media.

10:33am activity on BW's Gmail email
10:48am activity on BW's Facebook

12:54 to 1:04pm ScW phoned SaW

c.1:04pm - login to BW's Gmail - password changed
1:07pm SaW searched for login for Hotmail acct
1:14pm activity on BW's Instagram
1:24pm more activity on BW's Instagram - message to a friend saying I ran away, I lied
1:49pm password change on BW's Hotmail acct validated on SaW's phone no.
c.2pm - BW's phone disconnected

I am 100% convinced that Sarah knew Bee was dead and was not fed a story that she had run away. This is because her messages telling people she lied could not work if she thought Bee was alive. At any point that day or in the future Bee could borrow a friend's phone, go to police, go to a friend's house in person, buy a new phone, reset her passwords, and tell everyone Sarah had her phone, it was not a lie and she had not sent those messages. What is more, Sarah's first password change happened instantly after the call, which you just wouldn't immediately do unless you had thought of it in advance and needed the confirmation she was dead and therefore Bee was not going to be able to refute any of it.

It's a very calculated, callous and self-preserving mindset, just getting confirmation of her daughter's murder, IMO, and it shows there was no shock or regrets.

Bernadette Walker Murder Trial: College classmates describe trying to contact missing teenager after her disappearance

At last an update!

Interesting that they paused due to a juror illness last week, but not for a defendant:

Sarah Walker, Bernadette’s mum, was not in court today, with the jury being told she was ill. Judge Mrs Justice Maura McGowan told the jury the illness was not COVID related, and Sarah Walker is expected to be back in court tomorrow.
So last time she was seen is 18th July- will this be confirmed by people who aren’t directly related to ScW I wonder? Last phone contact with friends group chat 15th July…

It had me stumped for a while, but I think she didn't know Bee's passwords and Bee had left the apps open but Sarah knew she would have to quickly stop using Bee's phone at their house, but she would still want access to Bee's social media.

1:24pm more activity on BW's Instagram - message to a friend saying I ran away, I lied

I am 100% convinced that Sarah knew Bee was dead and was not fed a story that she had run away. This is because her messages telling people she lied could not work if she thought Bee was alive. At any point that day or in the future Bee could borrow a friend's phone, go to police, go to a friend's house in person, buy a new phone, reset her passwords, and tell everyone Sarah had her phone, it was not a lie and she had not sent those messages. What is more, Sarah's first password change happened instantly after the call, which you just wouldn't immediately do unless you had thought of it in advance and needed the confirmation she was dead and therefore Bee was not going to be able to refute any of it.

It's a very calculated, callous and self-preserving mindset, just getting confirmation of her daughter's murder, IMO, and it shows there was no shock or regrets.
You put forward a very convincing case! I think I am swayed.

exactly this! If she posted the messages (and she’s pleaded guilty to this) then it wouldn’t work if she knew she was alive. What’s to stop the girl running to a friends house, logging onto any of those apps (or rather not being able to as all her passwords had changed) and telling everyone it’s true.

this is the sort of picture the lawyers need to be painting as it’s not normal. There’s no point in changing the accounts and misleading the friends if she’s a) not yet missing and b) still alive!

I know someone a while back asked why did BW all of a sudden make an attempt to tell her mum about the abuse.

It just occurred to me that she may have done because ScW and SW were making plans (perhaps) to split the household due to her relationship with CC. Maybe it had been decided, or had at least been discussed, that BW was one of the children that would go with ScW.

I know someone a while back asked why did BW all of a sudden make an attempt to tell her mum about the abuse.

It just occurred to me that she may have done because ScW and SW were making plans (perhaps) to split the household due to her relationship with CC. Maybe it had been decided, or had at least been discussed, that BW was one of the children that would go with ScW.
I don't know how long Bee had known about Chris but she might have thought her mum would be more supportive thinking that Sarah wanted Scott to move out. In reality I think Sarah probably didn't care if Scott moved out or not because he was her babysitter while she worked nights and was at her boyfriend's place, and perhaps her boyfriend didn't care too much for moving in with Sarah and playing dad to all her children either.

Another update

Bernadette Walker Murder Trial: Teenager told her grandmother ‘she just wanted her mum to believe her’ and ‘she wasn’t lying’ over sexual abuse allegations

Just a few extracts

The court was told Julie owned lock up garages with her husband, Bill. The court heard Scott Walker has access to two of the garages [...]

Elizabeth Marsh QC, defending Scott Walker, asked Julie Walker if she and Bill regularly visited the garages.

Julie Walker replied that she would, to pick things up, drop things off and to tidy up by doing weeding.

Ms Marsh also told the court that there were homes overlooking the garages, and asked Julie Walker if people would be able to see the garages - even if the gates were shut - through a window that overlooked the lock-ups.

She said it would be possible.

Ms March also asked Julie Walker about an injury Scott Walker had suffered in a road traffic accident.

Julie Walker said that as a result of the accident he had been registered as disabled, and didn’t work, and when asked if he was awaiting surgery, she said he was ‘due to have something fitted in his back’ before COVID happened.

However, despite his back injury, he was still able to walk, drive and ‘even ride a motorcycle.’

The court has also heard from one of Bernadette’s friends, Lukas Siauciun, who had dated her for a while. [...]

Last edited:
Any mention of where the garages were? ( Edit - Were all 3 garages in the same location, the ones that were searched? )

There are some garages just off Mountsteven Avenue ( just as you turn in off Fulbridge Road ) there is a long alleyway there too which runs along the Brook.

Thinking back to when SaW reported BW missing, she said

When asked where it was, Sarah said: “Where was it she got...she jumped out the car and run off, I’m just asking her dad now.”

A male voice in background is heard to say: “Er...Salters Way.”

Sarah Walker then said: ‘It was between Salters Way,’ before a male voice can be heard saying: “Mountstevens. And Mountsteven Avenue, it was around that area.”

Skaters Way ( I think Salters was an error) to Mountsteven Avenue is not far, they are joined by Fulbridge Road.

Screenshot_20210623-154713_Maps.jpg

On Satellite the area with the garages / alleyway & Brook

Screenshot_20210623-155102_Maps~2.jpg

And a street view of this area ( facing the other direction on Fulbridge Road

Screenshot_20210623-155541_Maps.jpg

Not sure if this area was ever an area of interest for LE or searched?

Perhaps I am just over thinking!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members