GUILTY UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi MIdge28
Thank you for the report yesterday, your reporting skills are amazing.
Curious to know have the jury retired yet?
Also I'm probably confused, finding it difficult to work out if ScW is the natural father of Bernadette and the other children. As there seems to be little mention of any Maternal family or any other paternal relations apart from ScW parents.

Sorry I stumbled across this case via my sister who lives not so far from the area concerned and she remarked on the poor reporting on the disappearance of a young girl. She directed me here and I've tried to read through all the threads without asking questions.

Fingers crossed Bernadette and her family who aren't involved get the justice they deserve.

From all reports we have been told that scw is not Bernadette's father. I agree it can be confusing because Scw's father and stepmother are being referred to as Bernadette's grandparents when in fact they have no family connection to her at all.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I haven't commented on this case at all as I am mainly a follower who wants to know when crimes are solved and when perpetrators are tried for their crimes - since 2016 when I followed the Corrie McKeague case. As always, I am in awe of all of the members sleuthing skills regarding this case. Also, I admire your eloquent and sensitive manner when you put forward ideas and make contributions.

I hope that we will see proper justice in this case. Bea deserves that at least. She didn't have a chance in life with parents like she had. It is shocking to know that they both played a part in her death. I believe that the Mother is equally responsible for this and I don't believe that she loves any of her children. To her they are a commodity that gets her the publicity and attention that she craves. They are obviously disposable when they cause a problem and get in the way of what she wants. It wouldn't surprise me if she herself was involved with Bea in making the allegations against ScW - all her idea for the attention and then turned on Bea for some inexplicable reason.

I am praying for both parents to go down for a very long time!

Last edited by a moderator:
July 22nd, Wednesday - Police officer Elizabeth Aspland went to search BW’s bedroom as part of the missing person’s investigation. (source) ScW was in the house and he became tearful. He said SaW was in a relationship with another man called Chris.

----

"But still, your first concern was Sarah and her relationship with Chris wasn't it?" Ms Wilding said.

"Yes... it was the first time I'd fell out of love with Sarah." (source)

----

@MIdge28 "He also stated that SaW had been seeing C O’C for two years." (source)

----

Why did he fall out of love with Sarah at that point? He didn't trust her with their secret.

IMO

Stephen Briggs

@PTstephenB

·
11m

Replying to
@PTstephenB
Just a note on this - a story on today's hearing will be online soon. For obvious reasons, there will be no more stories on this case until verdicts are delivered. However, I will be keeping the feed open, so when there is a verdict, we will have it straight away.

Stephen Briggs

@PTstephenB

·
8m

The jury deliberations will be between 10am and 4pm, with no verdicts taken between 1pm and 2pm each day.

Will this run over until tomorrow if the Jury haven't reached a verdict by 4pm? How much time are a jury given to reach a verdict?

In theory, as long as they need. Judge usually says no pressure to reach a verdict take as long as you require.
In reality, after a few days ( sometimes longer ) Judge will consider the option of a majority verdict and Jury will be asked if they can deliver based on this.

I'm getting way ahead of events here, but what kind of latitude does a judge have to address charges NOT brought? Can they draw attention to this? Query or advise on it? Is it a rarity that a judge might recommend that other charges are considered, having seen all of the evidence?

I would like to thank @MIdge28 for the wonderful reporting! It is so very much appreciated. xo

Just like everyone else, I find all of this shocking. The hospital/baby thing? Who thinks of stuff like that? That's a special level of devious. And CO'C is still with her?!? Shake your head, man.

I have great faith that the jury will easily connect the dots, and it's still infuriating that SaW did not get a stiffer charge.

They need to reveal where Bee is. The owe her at least that much, those horrible people.

MOO

Yes as things are beginning to draw to a close with hopefully all guilty verdicts. I would personally like to thank midge and Helen for attending court and reporting back to us or we wouldn't I've heard half of what we have. Have to also thank all you fellow sluths too, lots of Help with things I haven't understood, am going to miss all of this tbh. I will now sit back and wait for the verdict x

I don't like that they haven't reached a decision yet sooo nervous about the verdict!!

It's fairly normal I would say. They have to consider two defendants and there is a lot of evidence ( even though we didn't hear much of it ! ).
I would expect them to deliberate all day tomorrow and bring in verdicts by Friday afternoon.

It's fairly normal I would say. They have to consider two defendants and there is a lot of evidence ( even though we didn't hear much of it ! ).
I would expect them to deliberate all day tomorrow and bring in verdicts by Friday afternoon.

If lunch was between 1-2pm then they really only had 2 hours. I am not surprised they have run over...

Still waiting for today's PT report as promised o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members