UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also feel like if she HAD disappeared of her own volition for whatever reason,she would have found a way to let her parents know she was alive and safe,and I dont believe that she has.
Sadly I think it's most likely she is dead and has been since the last text she received went unanswered. MOO
I still feel that the wrong time of the last text was published.
The messaging was between Claudia and Steve Samons who was in Cyprus..
The message string started after 18:30 that evening. She was also messaging her friend from Malton Liz at the same time.
If you recall, the published messages were from CL to SS because he says he can't recall what he said to her and police had taken his phone as evidence.
In the media he recalls every word from her to him though and says that he sent one at 21:12
So apart from his lack of recall of his own messages but full recall of hers being unusual, were Police and media stating the time he sent the message at 21:00 to be Cyprus time 2 hours ahead and did he not send it at 19:12?

The other reason I believe this was a police or media error is that his previous messages were 17 minutes apart.
The time it took for her to read and reply and him to respond.

the last message was over 2:17 later.(much longer?)

I know many don't agree with me but this is quite a fundamental time marker.
We know that she was still alive at 19:12 but did she just not respond?

Last edited:
I still feel that the wrong time of the last text was published.
The messaging was between Claudia and Steve Samons who was in Cyprus..
The message string started after 18:30 that evening. She was also messaging her friend from Malton Liz at the same time.
If you recall, the published messages were from CL to SS because he says he can't recall what he said to her and police had taken his phone as evidence.
In the media he recalls every word from her to him though and says that he sent one at 21:12
So apart from his lack of recall of his own messages but full recall of hers being unusual, were Police and media stating the time he sent the message at 21:00 to be Cyprus time 2 hours ahead and did he not send it at 19:12?

The other reason I believe this was a police or media error is that his previous messages were 17 minutes apart.
The time it took for her to read and reply and him to respond.

the last message was over 2:17 later.(much longer?)

I know many don't agree with me but this is quite a fundamental time marker.
We know that she was still alive at 19:12 but did she just not respond?

I think you're correct. Perhaps she had company at this time?
To me, the allegedly, last text, sent to JK is the strangest and more significant, but it seems as if it's just been brushed under the carpet. Very little has been made of it.
We know the content of the message is untrue, so was this really sent by Claudia and is there a hidden message within it?
Perhaps it was timed, in order to give a concrete alibi?
The other thing to consider about this text, is the possibility that it wasn't even sent from Claudia's phone or even phone number. I'm sure there are online programmes that can send a text to someone showing any mobile number you add? Can anyone confirm this?

To me, the allegedly, last text, sent to JK is the strangest and more significant, but it seems as if it's just been brushed under the carpet. Very little has been made of it.
We know the content of the message is untrue, so was this really sent by Claudia and is there a hidden message within it?
The other thing to consider about this text, is the possibility that it wasn't even sent from Claudia's phone or even phone number. I'm sure there are online programmes that can send a text to someone showing any mobile number you add? Can anyone confirm this?
I think @Angleterre may be aware of this from investigations undertaken in the past?

IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) is a unique 15-digit code authorized by GSMA, just like an identity certificate for your phone. Every time a phone uses a particular network to make or receive a call, send or receive a message, its IMEI number is automatically emitted and tracked.
I copied this as it explains why they can tell whoes phone sends a text..if they knew cl phone imei which they get from known sent texts then they identify it was her phone that sent the texts.
as for the timings,if a text is sent from abroad to uk the uk system adjusts the time so it shows received to the network time when u get the text..some phones show the sent time in abroad time some in uk time...so if say her sim card was swapped to another phone(which it wasn't as the phone would have shown a disconnect from the system) it would show a different imei.
didn't the police with hold releasing details about the last text?..

IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) is a unique 15-digit code authorized by GSMA, just like an identity certificate for your phone. Every time a phone uses a particular network to make or receive a call, send or receive a message, its IMEI number is automatically emitted and tracked.
I copied this as it explains why they can tell whoes phone sends a text..if they knew cl phone imei which they get from known sent texts then they identify it was her phone that sent the texts.
as for the timings,if a text is sent from abroad to uk the uk system adjusts the time so it shows received to the network time when u get the text..some phones show the sent time in abroad time some in uk time...so if say her sim card was swapped to another phone(which it wasn't as the phone would have shown a disconnect from the system) it would show a different imei.
didn't the police with hold releasing details about the last text?..
Hmm you see how clued on Rehtnap is ?

on the first phones u could change or clone an imei but they soon made that extremely hard if not near impossible so the chance someone cloned her phone is near non...just in case that was the next question

just read a little on mobile phones of the time and ""Cell-tower coverage is divided into sectors. Most towers have three directional antennae, each of which covers one third of the circle""..so that means when her boss phoned her and they say it was logged onto the university site mast then instead of an 8 mile circle u have unfact a triangle of area reaching out 8 miles..ponder that all that's useful for is saying which direction her phone was in . thing is if the phone tower it was near was at capacity or down for some reason then the system looks for the next tower so it logging onto the university tower could be misleading..:oops:

remember c
Hmm you see how clued on Rehtnap is ?
remember children if ur going out tonight to bury ur treasure switch off ur smart phone they have gps and it will be a dead give away where u stashed ur loot,,...and don't use a modern car the built in gps will snitch on u for sure even if u think uve turned it off a lot of the modern car engine management systems use the gps in case u break down or are about to have a fault so the manufacturer can rush to ur aid.. :cool:

Not sure if tonight's TV programme will turn up much in the way of new facts, but I think it's a certainty that there will be more than one panic stricken people watching
I think you’re right ...nothing new.Especially to those of us following the story for the last 10 long years .

Dec 2 2019 rbbm.
Was Claudia sex trafficked to Amsterdam? Film reveals new theories about the case
"Claudia Lawrence: Missing or Murdered, broadcast on Channel 5 tomorrow night (3 December) explores what might have happened to the 35-year-old more than ten years after her disappearance.

Although detectives have long believed she was murdered, the documentary puts forward the idea that she could still be alive and living in the Netherlands or Cyprus."
Mrs Lawrence, 72, says:

• There was this gentleman from York who had gone to live at Hartlepool, contacted me. He was convinced he saw Claudia down by the marina.

He recognised her from living in York. This gentleman told me there were boats going to Amsterdam daily from Hartlepool and she could have been on one of them.

A private detective also told police that he had seen Claudia in Amsterdam. Joan says she had heard about “some kind of white slave trade going on”, but Dutch police investigated the lead and found no trace of Miss Lawrence."
"A bar owner in Pathos who knows the man tells the documentary:

• One of the theories going round is that possibly she had left the UK in a van and been brought across to Cyprus, smuggled into the country.

To get someone from the UK to Cyprus in a van, you’ve got to go through a number of custom points, there would be checks.

Would she have got found out on the way through, would she have lasted in the back of a van for that period of time? Probably unlikely.
Claudia’s passport was left at her home, and her father Peter Lawrence does not think she would have left Britain, saying: “I’m absolutely convinced that she didn’t disappear off to Cyprus or anywhere else."

"The film also includes testimony from a colleague who says Claudia could have spent the night with a mystery man two days before her disappearance."
Claudia Lawrence: Missing or Murdered is on Channel 5, at 9.15pm on Tuesday 3 December, repeated on Thursday at 11.15pm"

if she went abroad then why take her chefs whites and hair straighteners? doesn't make sense ud take other clothes or nothing...
its a bit the same on the theory of her been murdered at home. if they took her out the house why take her rucksack? be an odd thing to decide u have to take with the body..
True, that and the concept of a chef with hair straighteners at work is gross, imo.
It does seem like Claudia planned for a late night out prior to work the next day, or she was going to go out after work. speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop