UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
hope this isn't a wild goose chase....a friend who's bored during lockdown is doing some googling for me and she swears blind she's found a farm near York with its own animal disposal unit. that sells wholesale supplies to landscape gardeners....she forgot to write it down and we can't find it

will carry on trying, just in case.

sorry...I don't really think it was a random burglar or sex attacker..ill admit anything is possible though....according to Claudius mother the flat was left too tidily even. for claudia and she was supposed to be tidy...dont think a random intruder would have done this

No but someone who had access to a spare key could have let themselves in for whatever reason

If you assume claudia is dead, then something must have happened to her body, I still think burial or
dumped at sea most likely, hadn't really considered incinerator until now, but how many other options are there, I'm struggling to think of any, if accident or hastily arranged then I'd definitely go burial, but if planned, then I believe the other 2 options must be considered

Campus East was a huge development project indeed, @Yozzer What I really mean is: are there rumours because a lot of digging and building was taking place there at the time, OR is there anything more concrete behind these rumours?(no pun intended), eg one of the contractor firms linked to one of the POI, as @MajorLang suggested, if I remember correctly. Our friend couldn’t really say.
Both reasons apply. One contractor plus another employee onsite who could have 'facilitated' access. Both POIs.

you could be right officer dibble....I think someone else was in the house with her while she phoned her mother, but we've got to try and see where the. evidence leads us, rather than the other way round.

I hope I'm very wrong, but I don't think well find a body..

I think the police are just assuming someone will break the silence sometime

Major Lang, is your blog public again if so I’d like to read it can you furnish me with a link please?

Did SC or JK ever used to post on this forum, I’d so what were their handle usernames as I’d be very interested to read their musings...

All this recent talk of body disposal, have a look at the case of Donovan Van Lill. He was, strongly rumoured, to have been fed to the pigs on the alleged killers farm.

Major Lang, is your blog public again if so I’d like to read it can you furnish me with a link please?

Did SC or JK ever used to post on this forum, I’d so what were their handle usernames as I’d be very interested to read their musings...

All this recent talk of body disposal, have a look at the case of Donovan Van Lill. He was, strongly rumoured, to have been fed to the pigs on the alleged killers farm.

Thats definately put me off my barbecued sausages :(

Sadly, that’s another shocking rumour circulating in York with regard to gypsies being involved with CL’s disappearance.

IMO, there’s been a campaign to reject the possibility that someone local might be responsible, because “surely there’s nobody like that around here”, so the perp is bound to have been a foreigner (preferably non white), a gypsy, a random stranger or an existing killer/rapist from elsewhere.

If you assume claudia is dead, then something must have happened to her body, I still think burial or
dumped at sea most likely, hadn't really considered incinerator until now, but how many other options are there, I'm struggling to think of any, if accident or hastily arranged then I'd definitely go burial, but if planned, then I believe the other 2 options must be considered

Regardless of disposal method, the body will almost certainly never be found, and NYP know it, IMO.

But where was it taken initially? (The night or morning she disappeared, I mean, assuming death occurred then). Did they store it somewhere for a few hours or days before disposal?

Whatever happened, I really hope she suffered as little as possible and that those responsible will rot in jail eventually.

Regardless of disposal method, the body will almost certainly never be found, and NYP know it, IMO.

But where was it taken initially? (The night or morning she disappeared, I mean, assuming death occurred then). Did they store it somewhere for a few hours or days before disposal?

Whatever happened, I really hope she suffered as little as possible and that those responsible will rot in jail eventually.
Be handy to know, anyone could have buried her but a boat or incinerator narrows it down somewhat I'd say

you could be right officer dibble....I think someone else was in the house with her while she phoned her mother, but we've got to try and see where the. evidence leads us, rather than the other way round.

I hope I'm very wrong, but I don't think well find a body..

I think the police are just assuming someone will break the silence sometime

Or she was in another building with TV on with someone else.

This came up from 2009 as a suggested viewing on YT. I thought it was interesting. Apologies if been shared before as I'd not seen it. It's an interview with Mark Williams Thomas. Was any mobile phone signal triangulation made public or kept quiet by NYP? Those CCTV stills in B&W I'd not seen before. MWT says the perp (s) is someone that she knew. I'd agree with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Something else occurred to me. She lived in a row of terrace houses. I know some terrace houses have interconnecting lofts between neighbours. I knew someone in Yorkshire who had such a home. I wonder if NYP found any interconnecting lofts in that row of terraces but haven't made it public?

This came up from 2009 as a suggested viewing on YT. I thought it was interesting. Apologies if been shared before as I'd not seen it. It's an interview with Mark Williams Thomas. Was any mobile phone signal triangulation made public or kept quiet by NYP? Those CCTV stills in B&W I'd not seen before. MWT says the perp (s) is someone that she knew. I'd agree with that.
Interesting about the phone signal
In the early days in a broadcast Galloway said he knew her whereabouts but was keeping this confidential.
Then when Malyn arrived he only described it as within a said radius.
I wondered if Galloway was using kidology to flush the perps out?
Galloway also believed that Claudia had left for work that morning from her home. Malyn was less descriptive about that.
I always thought that breakfast dishes and a toothbrush checked by police more than 40 hours after her last sign of life-(Phone call to Mum) Would be unlikely to provide dated forensic evidence about the time these items were last used.
Was he not bundling her two sightings together and comming up with the theory she walked to work?

Something else occurred to me. She lived in a row of terrace houses. I know some terrace houses have interconnecting lofts between neighbours. I knew someone in Yorkshire who had such a home. I wonder if NYP found any interconnecting lofts in that row of terraces but haven't made it public?
The only known neighbour they had suspicions of but dismissed was Blake Berresford who lived two doors down. His house was searched in more than one occasion, firstly around two weeks after her disappearance.
They discovered hair in his garden which he explained as his own and got there when his dad cut his hair one day.
He complained about police leaving footprints on his bed which suggested they stood in his bed to check the attic door and beyond?
They also found a back pack in his house but it was different to Claudias and Berresford explained it as belonging to a friend who had lodged with him??
I wondered if the friend who lodged had something to do with things and perhaps the backpack we see on alleyman being a different one to Claudias but for the purpose of commiting a crime?
Blake was also a chef??? and I'm pretty sure the house belonged to his dad. He said that he only knew her as a neighbour. Blake worked at a more expensive restaurant then Claudia so may not have worked with her.
I wonder if he ever went into the Nags Head or was he not welcome there?
Berresford s house was closer to Nags than Claudias.
When interviewed by press he volunteered that she had never been in his house. He didn't then go on to day if he had been to hers though?
Neighbour of missing chef: I'm not guilty
Interesting how Claudia chose her friends. She befriended colleagues who would be chefs-Anth Newby etc. And some that we don't know of and then those that she met in the local. her male friends we know she had affairs with were all older and the only exception was Dan a long term boyfriend.
But did she have one night stands with younger men?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member