UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Malyn focused in on the Acomb area as he identified from her phone usage that she was in Acomb a few eeeks prior to her disappearing.
Did he do this because this was a NEW haunting place for her and that her phone records established this.
When investigating a crime, police are known to pay attention to any recent changes in behaviour and so for me Acomb holds the key.

Suzy Cooper In a FB Post when she was being questioned also stated that she had suggested to police that they should pay more attention to Acomb instead of being so obsessive with Heworth and Nags Head.

But equally, was someone from Nags jealous that she was staying away, seeing someone else and lay in wait for her returning from Acomb?

@AcbMurders
That would be Jill Rainton the group owner.
She
Is associated with one of POIs as I have stated before.
I feel that she would be uncomfortable on WS as she would want to censor what was said.
Thanks @MajorLang I had not realised it was her. I’ve recently joined that group but nothing happens there. I wonder what she’s on about, when she says, at the end of that post: “everyone in York knows who did it and why”, do you?

Malyn focused in on the Acomb area as he identified from her phone usage that she was in Acomb a few eeeks prior to her disappearing.
Did he do this because this was a NEW haunting place for her and that her phone records established this.
When investigating a crime, police are known to pay attention to any recent changes in behaviour and so for me Acomb holds the key.

Suzy Cooper Ina FB Post when she was being questioned also stated that she had suggested to police that they should pay more attention to Acomb instead of being so obsessive with Heworth and Nags Head.

But equally, was someone from Nags jealous that she was staying away, seeing someone else and lay in wait for her returning from Acomb?
Thanks @MajorLang I had not realised it was her. I’ve recently joined that group but nothing happens there. I wonder what she’s on about, when she says, at the end of that post: “everyone in York knows who did it and why”, do you?

Suzy Cooper Ina FB Post when she was being questioned also stated that she had suggested to police that they should pay more attention to Acomb instead of being so obsessive with Heworth and Nags Head.

Try mentioning Jeniffer Anne King as the Perp and you will be ejected from the group

I mean, what does SHE think that everyone in York knows?

Malyn focused in on the Acomb area as he identified from her phone usage that she was in Acomb a few eeeks prior to her disappearing. Did he do this because this was a NEW haunting place for her and that her phone records established this. When investigating a crime, police are known to pay attention to any recent changes in behaviour and so for me Acomb holds the key.
I recall someone saying that Claudia had started drinking vodka instead of her usual cider. Does this suggest a different drinking partner had come into her life? Here it is in that infamous article:
Revealed: Missing chef Claudia's '40 different men' | Daily Mail Online
'She can drink a lot – at least six or seven pints of cider a night. But she started changing her drinks from cider to vodka, orange and soda. She would get foolish and act crazy. She might be bitchy or pull faces at someone behind their back. She could be a bit immature.’

Interesting about her get togethers with GF too.

Had CL spent her last night in Acomb, she would have gone straight to work from there the next morning, so no point in laying in wait near her house.

I remember reading on Moonsafari’s blog that CL went to Acomb with PR, George F and someone else on a couple of occasions after hours, but SC and JK didn’t go. I can’t find that bit on @Moonsafari’s blog now though. (If you’re reading this @moonsafari , could you pls confirm?). For it’s rather strange that CL would go to the the Ac pub with PR and not JK. We know CL drank in the Ac pub with A.Newby and other former Monkbar Hotel colleagues. But what connects PR and the NH with PH and Acomb? Could the Ac pub have been a secret love nest for CL and lord of the manor, away from Heworth friends/girlfriends? (love triangle theory) Or was she introduced there to unsavoury characters, associates of the above, from out of town, who used her to move stuff around and she wanted out? (crack theory)?

I recall someone saying that Claudia had started drinking vodka instead of her usual cider. Does this suggest a different drinking partner had come into her life? Here it is in that infamous article:
'She can drink a lot – at least six or seven pints of cider a night. But she started changing her drinks from cider to vodka, orange and soda. She would get foolish and act crazy. She might be bitchy or pull faces at someone behind their back. She could be a bit immature.’

@Yozzer Do you suspect who might be this ‘close friend’ of 8 years who spoke to the Daily Mail?

@Yozzer Do you suspect who might be this ‘close friend’ of 8 years who spoke to the Daily Mail?
There are quite a lot of clues in the article aren't there? I know people at the time felt he seemed quite embittered but perhaps he was sick of the lies and deception being peddled by people who knew her. Even supposing he didn't have a relationship with her and they were just good friends, it must have been quite insulting to take her out for a drink only for her to flounce off with another conquest, leaving him looking like Billy no mates. Not really a nice way to treat people, if this is how she behaved.

@AcbMurders
It's possible to work out roughly where she worked 8 years earlier from her work history stated in that article:
1992? Left York College and worked in King's Head, Malton
19?? Gold Cup Inn, Low Catton, E. Yorks
2005 Monkbar Hotel
2007 York University

So this suggests the 'friend' in the DM article won't be AN, (who I believe she knew from the Monkbar and York Uni) as has been suggested in the past. I'm not sure how long she worked at the Gold Cup Inn but it is rarely mentioned in articles so perhaps her time there was just a brief escape from Malton?

Sorry,Not sure what I pressed

No doubt drinking cider to excess has along term effect on your health and can cause liver and other cancers. Im not suggesting she had cancer but she was 35 and its an age when health problems start to kick in could such a change be due to possibility that she had been advised by her doctor to change her drinking habits.
We all know you go to the doctors with a health problem first thing he says to you is how much do you smoke how much do you drink.

Had CL spent her last night in Acomb, she would have gone straight to work from there the next morning, so no point in laying in wait near her house.

I remember reading on Moonsafari’s blog that CL went to Acomb with PR, George F and someone else on a couple of occasions after hours, but SC and JK didn’t go. I can’t find that bit on @Moonsafari’s blog now though. (If you’re reading this @moonsafari , could you pls confirm?). For it’s rather strange that CL would go to the the Ac pub with PR and not JK. We know CL drank in the Ac pub with A.Newby and other former Monkbar Hotel colleagues. But what connects PR and the NH with PH and Acomb? Could the Ac pub have been a secret love nest for CL and lord of the manor, away from Heworth friends/girlfriends? (love triangle theory) Or was she introduced there to unsavoury characters, associates of the above, from out of town, who used her to move stuff around and she wanted out? (crack theory)?

I didn't mention it in my blog rather in the threads. Two taxisworth of people went both times I witnessed, I named PR because he's already been arrested I didn't mention GF going with them and don't think he did. It was whether AC went or not I couldn't remember. I don't think JK went with them either. Nor SC. I basically elaborated on Tommy Ward's "bundled into a car" comments, of which I witnessed in a 'jovial' sense a year or so *before* Claudia went missing in terms of her being egged on to go with them after the lock-ins at the Nag's. It all seemed platonic to me but what the hell do I know quite frankly. Also I knew they were going to Acomb but where exactly I don't know. The taxi company surely has a record of all this. Unfortunately I can't remember which one/s

I didn't mention it in my blog rather in the threads. Two taxisworth of people went both times I witnessed, I named PR because he's already been arrested I didn't mention GF going with them and don't think he did. It was whether AC went or not I couldn't remember. I don't think JK went with them either. Nor SC. I basically elaborated on Tommy Ward's "bundled into a car" comments, of which I witnessed in a 'jovial' sense a year or so *before* Claudia went missing in terms of her being egged on to go with them after the lock-ins at the Nag's. It all seemed platonic to me but what the hell do I know quite frankly. Also I knew they were going to Acomb but where exactly I don't know. The taxi company surely has a record of all this. Unfortunately I can't remember which one/s

I don't know who AN is if anyone does and has a photo maybe PM and i'll let you know if I recognise him or not from the Nag's. I left 6 months before Claudia disappeared I'm trying to help in terms of background. I'm from York and I don't know what happened.

No doubt drinking cider to excess has along term effect on your health and can cause liver and other cancers. Im not suggesting she had cancer but she was 35 and its an age when health problems start to kick in could such a change be due to possibility that she had been advised by her doctor to change her drinking habits.
We all know you go to the doctors with a health problem first thing he says to you is how much do you smoke how much do you drink.

True but weight gain is something that also happens with age for many I remember JK mentioning vodka sodas were low calorie compared to pints. The pressure to be thin has lessened now societally imo

True but weight gain is something that also happens with age for many I remember JK mentioning vodka sodas were low calorie compared to pints. The pressure to be thin has lessened now societally imo

That said beer bellies are usually enlarged/engorged organs through damage. The younger generation are drinking less alcohol now thanks to societal and demographic influence, and more power to them...

That said beer bellies are usually enlarged/engorged organs through damage. The younger generation are drinking less alcohol now thanks to societal and demographic influence, and more power to them...

Yes as I understand it Liver Disease does cause the Liver to become enlarged although you may not actually feel an enlarged liver it can cause an accumulation of fluid in the stomach and people usually notice that their stomach sticks out more than usual...

There are quite a lot of clues in the article aren't there? I know people at the time felt he seemed quite embittered but perhaps he was sick of the lies and deception being peddled by people who knew her. Even supposing he didn't have a relationship with her and they were just good friends, it must have been quite insulting to take her out for a drink only for her to flounce off with another conquest, leaving him looking like Billy no mates. Not really a nice way to treat people, if this is how she behaved.

The Daily Mail ‘friend’ paints a picture of CL which is at odds with how other people described her, but also with Moonsafari’s impressions which we trust. Unless CL behaved so very differently in the NH.

However badly she behaved when she was out with him, I don’t feel any sympathy for this ‘friend’, whose behaviour was maybe worse than C’s when drunk, eg walking off with one-night stands. He did not have to go out with her for a start, and perhaps they even had an agreement in case one of them pulled when out, we don’t know. The examples of CL’s behaviour when drunk, as reported in the article, are quite normal IMO. And estimating how many men she had... well, it just confirms that CL wasn’t very good at choosing her friends.

The Daily Mail ‘friend’ paints a picture of CL which is at odds with how other people described her, but also with Moonsafari’s impressions which we trust. Unless CL behaved so very differently in the NH.

However badly she behaved when she was out with him, I don’t feel any sympathy for this ‘friend’, whose behaviour was maybe worse than C’s when drunk, eg walking off with one-night stands. He did not have to go out with her for a start, and perhaps they even had an agreement in case one of them pulled when out, we don’t know. The examples of CL’s behaviour when drunk, as reported in the article, are quite normal IMO. And estimating how many men she had... well, it just confirms that CL wasn’t very good at choosing her friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop