UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, York University, 18 March 2009 - Chef - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I read in that article was that they seem to know who did it, but they can't prove it:

Police believe Lawrence, who was 35 when she went missing, was murdered although no body has ever been discovered.

During the review, nine people were arrested or interviewed under caution and police submitted files to the Crown Prosecution Service in relation to a number of individuals.

Kennedy said: “The CPS concluded we had gathered insufficient evidence to be able to bring any charges against those people. It is not for the want of trying that a breakthrough has not yet come, but rather the result of the continuing refusal of those who know what happened to Claudia to come forward and tell us the truth.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by ajc748 @Skibaboo, just sat down with a cuppa and had a proper look at your interactive map - genius!! Love all the CCTV links, hadn't seen those.

I also hadn't realised the rucksack is basically on her exact route to work. But surely there is CCTV between her home and the uni? I take it the post office camera didn't catch her walking by that morning?
That's correct ajc, Claudia did not walk past the post office cctv that morning, she may have got in a car at Melrosegate Bridge which is before the post office.........I think ?

First time posting and im doing a lot of catching up so sorry if im going over old ground. My question is, was there any traffic movement past the Melrosegate post office on the morning on the 19th, caught on the cctv camera, that may have been a car taking Claudia to work and if so can it be identified?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by ajc748 @Skibaboo, just sat down with a cuppa and had a proper look at your interactive map - genius!! Love all the CCTV links, hadn't seen those.

I also hadn't realised the rucksack is basically on her exact route to work. But surely there is CCTV between her home and the uni? I take it the post office camera didn't catch her walking by that morning?
That's correct ajc, Claudia did not walk past the post office cctv that morning, she may have got in a car at Melrosegate Bridge which is before the post office.........I think ?

First time posting and im doing a lot of catching up so sorry if im going over old ground. My question is, was there any traffic movement past the Melrosegate post office on the morning on the 19th, caught on the cctv camera, that may have been a car taking Claudia to work and if so can it be identified?

Welcome to Ws andrewnorth!
:welcome6:

Welcome, Andrew!! I can't recall much being said about cars on CCTV but I think it would only be a side view from shop cameras. Interesting point though.

Welcome, Andrew!! I can't recall much being said about cars on CCTV but I think it would only be a side view from shop cameras. Interesting point though.

Thanks for the welcome guys. Even if its a side view from the shop camera I would hope the police might be able to track that car back earlier In its journey?

Thanks for the welcome guys. Even if its a side view from the shop camera I would hope the police might be able to track that car back earlier In its journey?

Hopefully someone will remember whether this was done in the early days. I'm sure it's been checked though, I think this case has been one of NYPolice's biggest budgets.

Claudia's mum has done a piece with The Mirror, she raises some extremely valid points.

Two things I don't remember - the slippers, and the other man on the other bridge. Can anyone recall mention of those things?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...nswered-questions-9693540?ICID=FB_mirror_main

I've not heard mention of the slippers before.

Don't understand how the silver hatchback Ford Focus ( 1998-2004 manufacture ) captured on CCTV braking outside her house, in the early hours of 19th March 2009, has not been traced.

I've always followed Claudia's disappearance closely, as I live an hour's drive from York, & murders in North Yorks are relatively uncommon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've not heard mention of the slippers before.

I've always followed Claudia's disappearance closely as I live an hour's drive from York

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm nearby too, and definitely don't recall the slippers ever being mentioned. It's a shame Claudia's parents don't get on, there doesn't seem to have been any cohesion between them and I do wonder if they'd got their heads together and been able to go into Claudia's house there might have been some more clues.

Who could the slippers belong to? Were they tested? Do Claudia's dad/sister/friends agree they weren't her style?

I also dont remember the man on the second bridge and the slippers is new info.

Adding my agreement that if Claudia's parents could have put their disagreements aside, they may have been able to find more evidence.

I also dont remember the man on the second bridge and the slippers is new info.

Adding my agreement that if Claudia's parents could have put their disagreements aside, they may have been able to find more evidence.

I think the article is worded oddly. There was a report of a man acting strangely on the bridge in Melrosegate. There is only 1 bridge Claudia would walk on her route to work. It's approx a mile from her house, unless they mean the bridge on Heworth Green, which is hardly recognisable as a bridge, just a road over the old railway tracks which is now a cycle/walkway. I do have a vague memory about something but can't quite remember. The other bridge, with the couple is right up on University Road, it's a footbridge that goes over to the Uni Library, I think it might be known as library bridge not sure.

First I've heard of the slippers also, very interesting indeed. I know this is going a long way back now but can anyone tell me why the investigation was changed to a murder investigation? Is there some evidence to suggest foul play or is it just that phone, bank acc etc.. has not been used?

12 very good questions. So frustrating.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

I've always wondered about the photo thing - not that I'm an expert but I would have thought that the police would try and make sure that the most recent picture of her was used in the first place. I think I remember reading somewhere (sadly I can't remember where) that she had a habit of changing her looks a lot, I think she went through different hair colours. So why not show either a selection of photos with different hair colour, or make sure it showed the most recent colouring.
I did initally wonder if maybe she had very recently dyed her hair and perhaps her family didn't know it, and that's why the blonde photo was initally used, but after reading that article, the mum knew she had dark hair. So what was going on??

But wasn't there used hair dye in the bathroom? Maybe that's why they used a blonde photo?

But wasn't there used hair dye in the bathroom? Maybe that's why they used a blonde photo?
Surely interviews with close friends/colleagues would have cleared it up? Very frustrating. Surely a good idea of what the missing person looked like is fundamental?

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/life/peter-lawrence-daughter-claudia-has-missing-8-years-singing/

“I never thought I’d be without you; I always thought you’d be here safe with me. Maybe tomorrow I’ll wake up to find you.”

Needless to say, when Peter Lawrence sings these words alongside the rest of Britain’s Missing People Choir, it is his beloved daughter Claudia, who vanished without trace almost eight years ago, whom he is thinking of...

This coming April, the choir, which was set up by charity Missing People and counts Madeleine McCann’s mother, Kate as its ambassador, will sing on a much wider stage than ever before: the first round of Britain’s Got Talent...

Yet for Lawrence it is not about winning. He has been singing in choirs since he was seven, and the Missing People Choir allows him to express emotions he would normally never put into words.

“It’s a relief,” he says. “It’s important to get together and talk, support and hug each other."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl