UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, York University, 18 March 2009 - Chef - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First I've heard of the slippers also, very interesting indeed. I know this is going a long way back now but can anyone tell me why the investigation was changed to a murder investigation? Is there some evidence to suggest foul play or is it just that phone, bank acc etc.. has not been used?

Didn't Peter Lawrence mention that when he went into Claudia's house, her slippers were placed in a pair near the front door which he took to be a sign of normal behaviour? Here it is:

'When I went in, the house was immaculate – her slippers were just inside the door as though she'd taken them off and put her boots on and walked out to work.'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...-if-you-read-this-say-youre-safe-1698763.html

The heartbroken mother of missing chef Claudia Lawrence has opened her daughter's home to TV cameras for the first time.

However, her mother Joan Lawrence, 72, has not given up hope. Only close family members and detectives have been in the 35-year-old's home since her disappearance but Ms Lawrence hopes letting the cameras in for the first time will help crack the case.

Haunting pictures show Claudia's clothes still hanging in the wardrobe and a brand new shirt with the labels still attached.

Her living room has been stripped of most possessions by detectives looking for clues.

Shoes, kitchen utensils and odds and ends lie neatly stacked in boxes under the stairs.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...wrence-mother-opens-daughter-s-home-time.html

Any thoughts on the theory that she was murdered and her body is under concrete where a new annex of York University was being built?

Any thoughts on the theory that she was murdered and her body is under concrete where a new annex of York University was being built?

It's a theory I have had since the beginning. It may seem too obvious though so I'm not completely convinced.

This did occur to me when I read about the building work going on at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also think there's a good chance, given who she knocked about with.

I think Claudia will be another Suzy Lamplugh, sadly.

Let's hope this leads somewhere:

[video=twitter;831583781270204416]https://twitter.com/mwilliamsthomas/status/831583781270204416[/video]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Let's hope this leads somewhere:

[video=twitter;831583781270204416]https://twitter.com/mwilliamsthomas/status/831583781270204416[/video]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heads up - the garden of Christoper Halliwell's old home is being dug up following intelligence there may be other bodies there.

Interestingly, 19th March seems to have been a significant date for Halliwell, and the mother of one of the girls he killed (and is serving time for) has been doing some sleuthing of her own. She says:

‘He is definitely a serial killer,’ says Karen [Edwards] 55, with absolute conviction. ‘I believe he has been up and down the country murdering young women. ‘He used to be a groundworker up north – I know somebody who worked with him on the same building site. He would go and have a pint with the lads and then disappear.

‘Serial killers are usually triggered by dates. That was the day that Halliwell broke up with one of his partners. Halliwell was familiar with York – his father lived in Huddersfield – and the description of Claudia’s murderer is identical to him – a left-handed smoker, 5ft 8-10in, with slightly receding hair and a skinny build. Claudia was reported missing from her home on March 19, 2009 – exactly two years to the day before Sian. It is also the same date that a woman called Linda Razzell disappeared.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...erer-Christopher-Halliwell.html#ixzz4ZGKAwYEc

HALLIWELL THREAD
www.websleuths.com/forums/showthrea...spected-serial-killer&p=13161380#post13161380

I wonder if there is any link to Mark Williams Thomas's programme and subsequent follow up emails/calls from the public? I didn't catch the programme but saw a short clip where he mentioned the left-handed smoker who Becky Godden's mother has suggested was a perfect description of Halliwell (as you say in your quote Cagney).

I wonder if there is any link to Mark Williams Thomas's programme and subsequent follow up emails/calls from the public?

I wondered that. I mean, Karen could be totally wrong, but wouldn't it be surreal if Claudia was found in his garden in Swindon?

Good to see you by the way Yozzer!

wouldn't it be surreal if Claudia was found in his garden in Swindon?
Wouldn't it just, Cagney.

Heads up - the garden of Christoper Halliwell's old home is being dug up following intelligence there may be other bodies there.

Interestingly, 19th March seems to have been a significant date for Halliwell, and the mother of one of the girls he killed (and is serving time for) has been doing some sleuthing of her own. She says:

‘He is definitely a serial killer,’ says Karen [Edwards] 55, with absolute conviction. ‘I believe he has been up and down the country murdering young women. ‘He used to be a groundworker up north – I know somebody who worked with him on the same building site. He would go and have a pint with the lads and then disappear.

‘Serial killers are usually triggered by dates. That was the day that Halliwell broke up with one of his partners. Halliwell was familiar with York – his father lived in Huddersfield – and the description of Claudia’s murderer is identical to him – a left-handed smoker, 5ft 8-10in, with slightly receding hair and a skinny build. Claudia was reported missing from her home on March 19, 2009 – exactly two years to the day before Sian. It is also the same date that a woman called Linda Razzell disappeared.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...erer-Christopher-Halliwell.html#ixzz4ZGKAwYEc

HALLIWELL THREAD
www.websleuths.com/forums/showthrea...spected-serial-killer&p=13161380#post13161380

Could you post the link again please, can't get it to work for me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This article about Christopher Halliwell was published last September. There have been conflicting reports about his link to York but I have not seen these specific places mentioned before. Can any York resident throw any further light on this?

Halliwell may have lived in Swindon, but his job as a taxi driver (he also ran his own chauffeuring business) would have taken him all over the country.
His father also moved up north. He lived in Huddersfield and, it has been reported, in the York area — possibly in the village of Ampleforth or Oswaldkirk. We have been unable to verify this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...kill-THREE-women-night-dumped-girlfriend.html

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...tion-north-yorkshire-police-dna-evidence-chef

‘Only 6 MONTHS to catch Claudia Lawrence killer’ Cops have one last DNA clue to find chef
POLICE are in a race against time to find out what happened to missing chef Claudia Lawrence – because of one vital DNA clue.

Currently, just one element of the case – a new DNA investigation – remains active, but this could be closed by cops in the next six weeks.

Detectives have said a lack of honest information from the public would be one reason for scaling back the review.

Mr Lawrence said he accepted the decision by cops to wind down Operation Essence, but said he would never stop looking for answers as to what happened to her.

Just throwing this out there, but does anyone think that there is a possibility that Claudia might be alive,but possibly detained in some "funky " country?
speculation, imo.

Just throwing this out there, but does anyone think that there is a possibility that Claudia might be alive,but possibly detained in some "funky " country?
speculation, imo.

I doubt it, however, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that one day there will be another Ariel Castro type situation, who knows? Sadly I think Claudia is not alive and at this point, unless someone finally squeals I don't think she'll be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl