UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, York University, 18 March 2009 - Chef - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
February 2017

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4188384/Ex-policeman-reexamines-Jill-Dando-s-murder.html
Former policeman Mark Williams-Thomas exposes the truth that could SOLVE the case of Jill Dando - and he believes there's a mystery person holding a vital clue to Claudia Lawrence's murder
He has been given unprecedented access to the files for each cold case

There was certainly two or more people involved, and those individuals certainly had contact with in some capacity The Nag’s Head as the local pub.

I spent quite a bit of time in the locality [of the murder], the Nag’s Head is so crucial because of the clientele that used to visit that pub. The clientele that visit that pub hold the clue to finally unlocking to what happened to Claudia.

I hope that what our mini-series will show is that all we need is one person out there to finally unlock this. Because there is a girlfriend, an ex-partner, a lover who I believe holds the key to the truth.

Very interesting!
There’s a question mark, did she on the night return home or did she leave the following morning, I believe it is the night of the disappearance occurred, I don’t think that night she slept at home.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/north_yorkshire/7962743.stm

Page last updated at 13:16 GMT, Wednesday, 25 March 2009

Missing Claudia 'probably harmed'

"I would really like to encourage people to tell me little snippets of what they know," he said.

"What do they know about Claudia? She was a young, single woman. Did she have a new boyfriend? Did anyone see her in an unusual vehicle? Was she in a pub that she didn't normally frequent?

"Just that little snippet would help me to just contextualise what I know."

The officer said she did not appear on any CCTV footage from her normal route to work on Thursday.

Will definitely try to remember to watch the new Unsolved programme.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

hi
i only just really looked at this case and was drawn to the footage of the ford focus. now im far from being any sort of expert but i played about with the footage and from what i see the focus is probably a pre facelift model.it seems to have dark sills and a dark portion to the bottom of the rear bumper,only found on pre 2001 cars. from the reflection above the number plate it would suggest it has the chrome tailgate handle which i believe was an extra at the time.it is a 5 door you can see the rear door line just and most focus at that time were 5 doors.i did a fairly rough measurement and its travelling 20 to 23 mph (u can measure te time it takes the nose of the car to travel the distance of the width of a driveway or in the other clip the distance between the house door surround and a following window, google earth measurements are pretty acurtate and the difference between the 2 clips is 2/3 mph) begs the question why a car travelling at 20 mph was suddenly braking... there is one other curiosity and it may just be a cctv glitch but if u watch the upper right hand house,downstairs window,the one inbetween the lamp post and tree, there is what seems to be a brief reflection on a red light. if and as i say it could just be a camera glitch, that was from a car then as i see it it would have to be turned as is away from right angles to the window to show up, ie a car turning over to the other side of the road..i add again i may be miles off but ive been a mechanic 36 years and after blowing up the pics my head said well thats a mk1 pre face lift,like i said they had black plastic covers over the sills and black bottom to the bumper.in the clips it appears to show a definate change of colour of the bumper. theres one other thing that right now is prob very wrong but when i focused in (no joke intended) on the rear number plate and dull out the reflection from the lift handle it looks like its captured a impression the last index of the reg number and it looks like it is a T..ive only just played with the footage the last couple nights and what u find is if the image is displayed then the first few seconds look will register a correct impression,after that u start seeing what u imagine to be there ( saw it on ncis recently and is is infact a truth)... will clean the image then project it to big size on the wall as soon as the projector decides to work.......i add yet again i may have ended up seeing what i wanted to be there and im sure the police must have done all this so prob just made a fool of myself....:tantrum:.

it is a wierd case this,i live 20 miles from where it happened. people kept getting arrested but no one was ever convicted.they recon theres a pack of silence going on. one guy arrested worked in the same place as she did and gave her lifts in his car, a ford focus! of course any dna ect would have a legitimate reason for been there. love to know what model his focus was.. for different reasons i had one of the investigators at my house who worked on the case but forgot to ask....

Interesting! Would they already have taken the DNA of those previously arrested?

I think they would at least have asked each of them to provide a sample, but on a voluntary basis - would be very interesting to know if they did or not.

when arrested dna sample is compulsory...they can keep it as long as any active investigation is ongoing.

they let very little out about this i get the feeling its like a lot of cold cases with a few years behind them the family get sick of the same old suggestions being given so they withdraw..like this case theyve throw big resources and loads of experts at it so any known evidence is worked to death..did wonder why one bit involved 4 guys,were they all related? we never got to find out who they were...

one thought is although her mother was on the phone to her and said she heard the tv show in the background that doesnt mean she was at home...there were dishes in the sink they guessed from breakfast but the odd thing i think is the electric toothbrush on the sink in the kitchen.
how about she came home but was going out to someones house that night.. she gets in,colours her hair ect ect then as shes cleaning her teeth some one calls to the house.. in a rush she goes downstairs brush in hand,deals with the person putting the toothbrush down in the process then leaves the house. the dishes are from that morning not the following morning and thats why the beds not slept in.she realises shes left her rucksack at home in the rush so the guy goes back for it hence the cctv footage.maybe the focus is the same guy who either went for something else,something incriminating..perhaps her death was accidental, sex game gone wrong,after all she was a man hunter.guy panics but waits until following day prob working out what to do.had he been drinking and waited to be sober. the phone signal coverage seem pretty good there,there arnt many towers so she could have travelled some way without her phone pinging to another tower...if she was seeing a guy and it didnt show on her phone then did she have another one. why didnt she reply to the cyprus text.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/n...sex-life-let-her-killer-slip-through-the-net/
April 2016
After the initial police investigation and a two-and-a-half-year review
costing £800,000; after more than 2,300 statements taken from more than
1,200 people; after nearly 3,500 police reports; 1,771 vehicles checked; 38
homes and business premises searched; 64 different scenes forensically
examined and more than 200 items tested for DNA, the police have hit a brick
wall.

They are no closer to solving one of the most baffling crimes of the past
decade.

At least the nightmare is over for Claudia’s friends from the pub, who have
spent the best part of a year on bail.

Charges against builder Peter Ruane, 55, his brother, Shane, 52, David
Robinson, 52, and Alistair Cooper, 59 were all dropped.

A friend of mine knows the area and the regulars at The Nags Head well. She mentioned to me about a regular who often engaged in odd behaviour who suddenly disappeared to Scotland in the weeks following her disappearance, despite living and working in York for decades. He would often "creep out" the women at the pub, Claudia included, and there are a couple reports of him following women. There was also rumours he had a temper. I know where he worked and the rough area he lived in, plus his first name. Does anyone know how I'd be able to get more info?
Apparently, as far as her and other regulars at the pub are aware, this guy was never looked in to. It's probably nothing at all and just rumours, but....

A friend of mine knows the area and the regulars at The Nags Head well. She mentioned to me about a regular who often engaged in odd behaviour who suddenly disappeared to Scotland in the weeks following her disappearance, despite living and working in York for decades. He would often "creep out" the women at the pub, Claudia included, and there are a couple reports of him following women. There was also rumours he had a temper. I know where he worked and the rough area he lived in, plus his first name. Does anyone know how I'd be able to get more info?
Apparently, as far as her and other regulars at the pub are aware, this guy was never looked in to. It's probably nothing at all and just rumours, but....

Have you given the police that information?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you given the police that information?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not personally, but the police were told this by a few of the regulars at the time, but as far as they're aware it didn't go any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810