UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, York University, 18 March 2009 - Chef - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, it's well worth reading the NYP article From Germany just posted above. It's a great summary of the case so far from the police's perspective.

They seem pretty damn sure people know what happened but just aren't saying. Disgraceful.

http://www.northyorkshire.police.uk/index.aspx?articleid=16523

Det Supt Malyn added: "We can't rule out that a complete stranger to Claudia was involved and managed to avoid CCTV cameras, being disturbed by witnesses and is unknown to the investigation team, her friends and family. Until then, we will continue to investigate the information that regularly comes into the team and look at all possibilities.

"However, I still strongly favour the theory that the person - or persons - responsible for Claudia's disappearance was someone - or several people - who were close to her. It was either very well-planned or there was a huge element of luck to have got away with it, so far at least. In my view they have probably been helped by the fact that those closely associated with Claudia have withheld key information.

In the second vid, the police suggest that he's carrying a rucksack.

I beg to differ. It looks to me like he simply raises his arms to pull his trousers up or something. So what you're seeing is actually his elbow sticking out. He probably used this as an excuse to stop and allow the passer-by to carry on ahead of him.

Just my two cents.
Not watched the clips for a while and must admit after watching them just I thought the same that it was an elbow...hand in pocket to check for phone/keys etc sprung to mind because I always stop dead when I'm checking

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Not watched the clips for a while and must admit after watching them just I thought the same that it was an elbow...hand in pocket to check for phone/keys etc sprung to mind because I always stop dead when I'm checking

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Agreed. I think he went to his pocket to pull out his phone maybe, or to check for keys. That's what it looks like to me. I've always thought it was the same man. The walk looks identical but maybe that's the motion of the video, a little jittery.

It's like someone knocked on a front door, got no answer so went round the back to check. Twice, morning and night. Idk

Agreed. I think he went to his pocket to pull out his phone maybe, or to check for keys. That's what it looks like to me. I've always thought it was the same man. The walk looks identical but maybe that's the motion of the video, a little jittery.

It's like someone knocked on a front door, got no answer so went round the back to check. Twice, morning and night. Idk

But she was home at 7pm, wasn't she? Was she avoiding answering the door?

Also, was there a gate from her back garden to the alley? I seem to recall not but can anyone remember for sure?

Could that man have been chucking an overnight bag over the back fence to avoid anyone seeing him going in with it? Same again in the morning. Maybe.

Someone said upthread that RC's family confirmed one of those videos was of RC. Is that correct?

But she was home at 7pm, wasn't she? Was she avoiding answering the door?

Also, was there a gate from her back garden to the alley? I seem to recall not but can anyone remember for sure?

Could that man have been chucking an overnight bag over the back fence to avoid anyone seeing him going in with it? Same again in the morning. Maybe.

Someone said upthread that RC's family confirmed one of those videos was of RC. Is that correct?

Not necessarily Claudias door. But if it wasn't her door then surely they would have come forward. I can't remember if she had a back gate to the alley, generally those properties do.

I thought it might be someone checking to see if lights were on in a house.
If the house was dark, no need to go right up to the door and knock.
Alternatively if he was a wrong'un, seeing lights on might put him off attempting a burglary.

I've never seen anything suspicious about pausing until the other person had walked on. Walking alone at night, I would always let someone go ahead, as it's better to keep a stranger in front where I can see them, than have them following me.

Hi everyone, not posted before but I've followed the case and read the previous thread as well as this one. I might have missed it, but is it definitely the same person walking both ways in the video? It's just that when the video freezes and zooms in on the person when they stop, the legs look odd - kind of hyper-extended like some women's legs look when walking in high heels. I just wondered whether it could be a woman wearing long jeans over heels rather than a man. They also seem a little slimmer to me but I could be way off the mark!

I have to say, I agree with this. I have been thinking about this all day, and I am not totally convinced that the person that walks TO the back of the house is the same person that walks AWAY from the back of the house.

I too was thinking it looked distinctly female, and I was quite surprised to read on here that someone had the same thoughts.

Since I learned something of the case I wondered if a church man may have done something to Claudia (if not murder her then imprison CL as a "disciplinary measure") and I wondered if nobody dares to investigate.

Were her family members of any particular church?

I'm not familar with the different religious affiliations and churches.

Oh I thought you had some knowledge of it, as you were suggesting a "church man" had something to do with Claudia's disappearance

Since I learned something of the case I wondered if a church man may have done something to Claudia (if not murder her then imprison CL as a "disciplinary measure") and I wondered if nobody dares to investigate.

Really unlikely in 21st Century Britain where apparently more people go to football matches on a Sunday than church and where "Jedi" is allowed to be put on census forms.

Not wishing to offend anyone of course, but speaking for the majority of people mine and Claudia's age (there are just a few weeks between us) we don't really "do" church.

I don't know if we know whether she was Catholic? They've had their fair share of news stories in recent years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay