UK - Constable arrested in murder of Claire Parry, 41, near Bournemouth; she died 10 May 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
3:34pm

Mr Wheelhouse said all the scientific findings could be accounted for by Brehmer's version of the events.

He also said they could be accounted for by Mr Stentiford's scenario and the scenario that Brehmer killed Mrs Parry and then stabbed himself and moved her body.

LIVE: updates as judge sums up Timothy Brehmer murder trial to jury

3:57pm

Judge Jacobs is now talking through the loss of control defence, involving the route to verdict.

3:59pm

He said this defence arises if the jury answered yes to question one that they are sure Brehmer intended to cause serious injury or kill Mrs Parry.

If they answered yes, they must ask themselves if he had lost self control.

Again, if they answered yes, the jury must ask if the trigger caused Brehmer to have a justifiable sense of being seriously wronged, the trigger in this case is the text to Mrs Brehmer.

LIVE: updates as judge sums up Timothy Brehmer murder trial to jury

Lots of praise from people who know TB.

A witness statement - which doesn't make sense because if he looked across at the time he heard the car horn it couldn't have been at the same time TB was sitting by the entrance to the pub.

10:51am

A statement from Andrew Smith will be read to court. The statement was obtained by police conducting door to door enquiries.

10:51am

Mr Smith lives across the road from the Horns Inn and was gardening at the time.

10:52am

"At approximately 3.15pm to 3.30pm I was weeding, I heard some shouting and assumed it was kids. I heard a horn, it was sounded two or three times. I looked over the road and saw a man in the driveway of a pub and a man and woman on a bike."

10:53am

"I then went inside and heard sirens, I assumed the man had fallen off his bike."

character witnesses (not bothering to copy over - can be read at link)

11:21am

Evidence is now finished in the case.

11:22am

That concludes proceedings for the day. Court will resume at 10am tomorrow for defence and prosecution speeches and for Judge Jacobs to begin summing up the case.

As it happened: evidence concludes in Timothy Brehmer murder trial
I must admit that the 'live' reporting on this is hit and miss. I think the judges summing up has shed light on some questions I had though, plus other news articles. I have my thoughts on this case, though I will wait for the jury verdict before sharing.

Another thought and it is obvious I do not have knowledge of legalities - Accused is PC Constable who worked for Dorset police, husband of victim is police officer in Dorset as well, and their own Dorset police, their collegues are investigating all this. Is not this some kind of conflict of interest?

I am in no way suggesting that it would not be fair investigation or trial, however for outsiders it could raise many questions or possibility for appeals later on.
No, I don't think so. I agree that more work could have been done on forensics though. I am surprised (from what has been reported) that the CPS did not accept the manslaughter plea and proceeded to trial.

This was his early police interview -

"I clearly am just a ******* deviant, but I was with Claire on and off for a number of years.

"Somehow we would connect back up again. We had a relationship and I cared for her, I can't say I loved her but I didn't want to leave my wife because I loved her and she's absolutely brilliant and amazing.
As it happened: police officer Timothy Brehmer's murder trial enters second week

and what he said this morning -

10:33am

On his feelings with Martha, Brehmer said: "It was like spinning plates. I was feeling desperate, thinking how I could talk to Martha. I keep coming back to the fact none of it had to be like this, we could have got divorced, it didn't have to be like this.

"It was an affair, it's different to how you would love your husband or wife, you still love them, but it's different."
IMO it was all about his son. He didn't want to lose him.

I wonder if Horn's Inn was in operation at the time, in these days of Covid. Wait, the DM article describes it as "shuttered," and also mentions the principals were engaged in a 10-year extramarital affair, in typical tabloid style.
No, it was shut. We were still in lockdown then.

Paramedics told the court that they were called to the Horns Inn in Christchurch Road, West Parley, to the defendant who had suffered stab wounds from a penknife to his arm.

[...]

Colleague Thomas Hull said that he saw a red band mark across Mrs Parry’s throat and said he carried out chest compressions.

[...]

“She told my wife, I don’t remember the rest.”

Jurors were being shown the car on Wednesday after it was brought to the court car park for them to view.

Paramedics describe bid to save life of nurse allegedly strangled by lover more to read at link

I'm not sure the mark on her neck sounds like it was caused by the crook of his arm, as previously introduced by the prosecutor. I suppose it could if it was a wide mark.
I was wondering whether it was the seat belt that made the mark - but if that was the case, it would have been mentioned in court.

Tragic on so many levels and so many people hurt around.

I really hope they don't go easy on him just because he was police officer. He clearly had a knowledge of all procedures and it is evident he staged the crime scene and still blatanly lies in court. It is also evident he feels no guilt. Even though it was crime of passion mixed with sudden rage he still trying to justify his appalling actions of murdering her and even blaming her for what he did - that she took away from him chance to tell his wife himself. Yeeea, right.

Then (once again) blaming her for stabbing him. What an appalling behaviour.

Even though murder was not premeditated can he be charged with murder rather than manslaughter? Anyone know how many years he can be facing?
There must be something wrong with me, because I think the exact opposite ;)

Today's live reporting LIVE: updates from Salisbury Crown Court as Timothy Brehmer's murder trial resumes

The jury will now view the Citroen car again with two people of similar builds to Brehmer and Mrs Parry in the vehicle.

The female is the same height and weight as Mrs Parry, the male is the same height as Brehmer but one stone heavier than the defendant.
There was an update after this and before the juror was discharged. It was in relation to evidence and I was wondering whether this was in relation to the people used for the above scenario? Nothing more was reported on that issue though.

I haven't seen any mention of whether she managed to scratch him while he was strangling her. She had his DNA in her nail swabs but no mention of injuries to him. Perhaps he held her arms with his other arm, or it's just a detail that hasn't been reported.
There was in the defence summing up. He did have slight injuries but no correlation to injuries that would have been made by CP defending herself, but are consistent with the tussle in the car.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OKseeker
Back