UK - Constable arrested in murder of Claire Parry, 41, near Bournemouth; she died 10 May 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why do I think his car would have been found?

If that's what you're asking - because cars crashing/crashed into trees are somewhat difficult to hide from view.
Yes, I appreciate that, but I was thinking about the phone. I think I get what you're saying though. Thanks!

From the link:

Following two hours and 50 minutes hours of deliberations, an 11-person jury found him unanimously not guilty following a trial at Salisbury Crown Court.

Brehmer will be sentenced for manslaughter at 2.30pm this afternoon.

We will be live blogging the sentencing.
I'm restricted to the number of articles that I can see (won't pay the local rag a subscription), so thank you for this.

From the link:

Following two hours and 50 minutes hours of deliberations, an 11-person jury found him unanimously not guilty following a trial at Salisbury Crown Court.

Brehmer will be sentenced for manslaughter at 2.30pm this afternoon.

We will be live blogging the sentencing.
I think I can understand this from the point of view of the certainty that the jury is instructed to pay heed to. I don't believe it was manslaughter though, as an observer without the responsibility for his fate.

I hope the sentence is harsh.

2:49pm

Brehmer was described as a "womaniser" during the two week trial at Salisbury Crown Court.

He said his affair with Mrs Parry "went bonkers" after her marriage broke down and she messaged Kate Rhodes, another of Brehmer's former partners.

She then told him to meet her at the Horns Inn, a text was sent to Martha Brehmer revealing the affair, 20 minutes later Brehmer is seen walking to the entrance of the pub, Mrs Parry was left unconscious, "half in, half out" the car.

LIVE: updates as police officer Timothy Brehmer is sentenced for manslaughter

rbbm.
Dorset police officer cleared of murdering lover after she told wife of affair
''The trial heard that in the days before her death, Parry had started to believe her marriage to Andrew Parry, also a Dorset police officer, was coming to an end as well as her relationship with the defendant.

She had carried out research using an alias on Facebook into Brehmer and became convinced he had had at least two other affairs.

Parry was in contact with a police officer called Kate Rhodes, who told her she had an affair with Brehmer in late 2011, and this made her see him “in a very different light”, the court heard.''

''Brehmer told his trial the affair with Mrs Parry had been "a little bubble of niceness" but he had rarely seen her during the coronavirus lockdown.

He said Mrs Parry's husband called him in March after becoming suspicious the two were having an affair and she had sent him messages so they could keep their stories straight.

However, in the days before her death Mrs Parry started to believe that her marriage and her relationship with Brehmer were coming to an end, the court heard''.

Claire Parry death: PC Timothy Brehmer cleared of murder
''Ms Rhodes, a detective constable, told the court Brehmer used "grooming" techniques to exert "coercive and controlling behaviour" over women.''

She had been mentored by Brehmer when she joined Dorset Police and was in a brief relationship with him which ended when she found out he was married.
^ Showed some decency, imo!

Last edited:
rbbm.
Dorset police officer cleared of murdering lover after she told wife of affair
''The trial heard that in the days before her death, Parry had started to believe her marriage to Andrew Parry, also a Dorset police officer, was coming to an end as well as her relationship with the defendant.

She had carried out research using an alias on Facebook into Brehmer and became convinced he had had at least two other affairs.

Parry was in contact with a police officer called Kate Rhodes, who told her she had an affair with Brehmer in late 2011, and this made her see him “in a very different light”, the court heard.''

''Brehmer told his trial the affair with Mrs Parry had been "a little bubble of niceness" but he had rarely seen her during the coronavirus lockdown.

He said Mrs Parry's husband called him in March after becoming suspicious the two were having an affair and she had sent him messages so they could keep their stories straight.

However, in the days before her death Mrs Parry started to believe that her marriage and her relationship with Brehmer were coming to an end, the court heard''.

Claire Parry death: PC Timothy Brehmer cleared of murder
''Ms Rhodes, a detective constable, told the court Brehmer used "grooming" techniques to exert "coercive and controlling behaviour" over women.''

She had been mentored by Brehmer when she joined Dorset Police and was in a brief relationship with him which ended when she found out he was married.
^ Showed some decency, imo!
Hmmm. That's all I have to say about Ms Rhodes.

Really disappointed in this verdict.

How much longer is this crap going to go on for?

He clearly strangled her with intention.
I disagree and so did the jury (made up of 9 women and 3 men (I do not know the sex of the juror discharged last week)), unanimously.

So what makes this guy like catnip for women, surely it cannot be just for meetings at this dreary looking and aptly named (with a Y instead of an S in its name) inn?
im, speculation.
Timothy Brehmer: Married Dorset Police officer cleared of murdering lover but faces jail for manslaughter
skynews-brehmer-dorset-claire-parry_4988520.jpg

Image: PC Timothy Brehmer has been cleared of murder, but admitted manslaughter. File pic
skynews-claire-parry-murder_4988573.jpg

Image: The Horns Inn in West Parley, near Bournemouth, where Claire Parry was found injured in the car park
''Her cause of death was a brain injury caused by compression of the neck, a post-mortem examination found.

A jury took just under three hours to find the ex-Dorset Police officer not guilty of murdering Mrs Parry.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thundercoyote
Back