UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can u post link? Never seen this

I don't know how many of the original reports still exist on line, I don't have time to find them all but this one is an example

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/19282...o-after-serving-last-meal-before-he-vanished/

"The 23-year-old was last seen wandering down the Suffolk town’s Brentgovel Street with a takeaway in hand shortly before 3.30am on Saturday September 24."

Check the earlier threads and you'll find the discussions about this

I don't know how many of the original reports still exist on line, I don't have time to find them all but this one is an example

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/19282...o-after-serving-last-meal-before-he-vanished/

"The 23-year-old was last seen wandering down the Suffolk town’s Brentgovel Street with a takeaway in hand shortly before 3.30am on Saturday September 24."

Thanks I amended my post as had missed this, however still don't think this refers to walking past Grapes......... This is just before he entered horseshoe

I wonder if this was a journalism 2 + 2 = 5 thing. They were told that Corrie was last seen on just before 3.30am and a bit of CCTV was released alongside that information (initially, that walk down Brentgovel St was the only CCTV clip released). So journalists assumed that this footage was the last sighting and that's what they reported.

I was talking about the general public as a whole, if what little information you tell them is not correct then how are people going to be able to help, we are not even sure exactly what time he left flex as we have two different times to go by, some one might have seen something that night and got the wrong time so not come forward , they need to get the basic facts correct that is what I'm saying,
Witness wise it really doesn't matter if the assumed timings of leaving flex etc are a few minutes off. Police had asked to speak to everyone that was in BSE that night.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

There were queries previously about when corrie left flex because the paper quoted the doorman as saying he left at 1.20 . I was looking at the you tube video posted earlier by Midsummer and nicola confirms it as" just after 1 " in that interview so the timeline could be updated based on both the MSM and nicola's video.

I wonder if this was a journalism 2 + 2 = 5 thing. They were told that Corrie was last seen on just before 3.30am and a bit of CCTV was released alongside that information (initially, that walk down Brentgovel St was the only CCTV clip released). So journalists assumed that this footage was the last sighting and that's what they reported.

The police reports said that the last sighting was in Brentgovel St at 3.20am, they released CCTV1 and deliberately IMO didn't make it clear that the footage was from 2 hours earlier. CCTV2 wasn't released until some time later. I think it's odd that the misconception was allowed to continue.

JMO

There were queries previously about when corrie left flex because the paper quoted the doorman as saying he left at 1.20 . I was looking at the you tube video posted earlier by Midsummer and nicola confirms it as" just after 1 " in that interview so the timeline could be updated based on both the MSM and nicola's video.

Police report on 25/10 puts Corrie in the takeaway "aorund 1.15 - 1.30"

https://www.suffolk.police.uk/news/missing-persons/corrie-mckeague

I'm opinion its want ever time he saw the homeless man would be a big clue, if it was early after flex and before the takeaway then not so important but if it was later in the door way or on the way to loading bay then I would think more important, looks like I'm walking home, the word it looks like is more like my mates have gone so it looks like I'm on my own to make my own way back, but we don't even know if they are the same words used !
I thought I read that he offered the homeless guy some chips. I can't remember where I saw that now but it must have been after the takeaway.

I thought I read that he offered the homeless guy some chips biy can't remember where I saw that now so it must have been after the takeaway.
Yes, I remember that too, in earlier interviews, Nicola said he shared some food with a homeless guy and told him he was walking home. She said that he wouldn't be telling a stranger his plans and in her mind it could have been a throwaway remark, guess it looks like I'm walking. I remember it because A) I wondered if the homeless man had offered an option and b) her saying previously in the first Press Conference that he would walk home. The Conference would have been before the homeless man came forward. IMO. It was on an Internet radio programme. Tony did an interview one week with a guy and the following week Nicola was interviewed by a woman. I can't remember the name of the programme, but will search to see if there is a link still available.

Witness wise it really doesn't matter if the assumed timings of leaving flex etc are a few minutes off. Police had asked to speak to everyone that was in BSE that night.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
We're just trying to come up with a reasonably accurate timeline with links to help us when we have questions I thought.

Edit. As an example when we read the doorman article we were able to immediately compare to what we had from previous sources.

Yes I agree. I cannot for the life of me see how both the first ping and the lastping are both 0500 as well as the app update. It should clearly be 0430 first ping, app update 0458 last ping 0800. I don't see how the 28 minute travel time is worked out either. All I would like to see is the LE pings on the timeline but all we have is 0500 on there. Its not surprising noone can follow it . Thats my last word on it for today at least.

There was a quote from Nicola copied over to here in one of the middle-ish threads and she said that the 5am ping was the last one and the phone never connected to any other mast, but whether that's because the phone didn't move to another mast or because it was turned off is not known. According to Nicola, who said she got the info from Tony, a phone will stay on a mast for 3 hours from the last ping, and that's where 8 am comes from, but because the phone could have been turned off and then traveled on to another mast area without pinging, all she could say was that the 5am ping was the last actual interactive ping with the mast.

Source: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...s-24-September-2016-4&p=12946748#post12946748

Yes, I remember that too, in earlier interviews, Nicola said he shared some food with a homeless guy and told him he was walking home. She said that he wouldn't be telling a stranger his plans and in her mind it could have been a throwaway remark, guess it looks like I'm walking. I remember it because A) I wondered if the homeless man had offered an option and b) her saying previously in the first Press Conference that he would walk home. The Conference would have been before the homeless man came forward. IMO. It was on an Internet radio programme. Tony did an interview one week with a guy and the following week Nicola was interviewed by a woman. I can't remember the name of the programme.
Oh right maybe we can try n find the links for those.

There was a quote from Nicola copied over to here in one of the middle-ish threads and she said that the 5am ping was the last one and the phone never connected to any other mast, but whether that's because the phone didn't move to another mast or because it was turned off is not known. According to Nicola, who said she got the info from Tony, a phone will stay on a mast for 3 hours from the last ping, and that's where 8 am comes from, but because the phone could have been turned off and then traveled on to another mast area without pinging, all she could say was that the 5am ping was the last actual interactive ping with the mast.

Source: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...s-24-September-2016-4&p=12946748#post12946748

October 20th Victoria Derbyshire interviews with Nicola and Tony on Find Corrie website, Nicola says they were able to work out 28mins travel time to the roundabout and she says it could have travelled on from that mast as above. Tony said in that interview that Corrie could have been obscured by a vehicle walking out of the horseshoe, where Nicola is more adamant IMO that he could not leave unseen unless in a vehicle.

Oh right maybe we can try n find the links for those.
I have looked at the website, Tony's radio interview is there but Nicola's is not. I did watch the Victoria Derbyshire TV interview with them both but it wasn't mentioned. She did say that he left Flex just after 1am. No mention of the homeless man. If I can't find it I will remove my quote.

The police reports said that the last sighting was in Brentgovel St at 3.20am, they released CCTV1 and deliberately IMO didn't make it clear that the footage was from 2 hours earlier. CCTV2 wasn't released until some time later. I think it's odd that the misconception was allowed to continue.

JMO

This is how I remember it too. Why would they do that though? Tactics? Procrastination? Lack of resources? Disbelief that it was a genuine disappearance?

It's messed up is this case. On the face of it we have way more information (from the family, the internet etc) than we ever get normally, yet it's mainly a confused jumble of contradiction. There are more members on here than we usually get on UK cases and some fantastic sleuthing going on, and yet we're debating things that should have been clear 6 weeks ago. Sometimes I think it's just unfortunate, lots of crossed wires and hasty mistyped messages, but then other times I think there's something just ...weird about the whole situation....

Where the hell are you, Corrie?!

I have a question prompted by the mention of toilet paper. Made me think of the puppy. If noone noticed corrie was missing till monday roll call, how do they know he didn't make it back to base that early a.m. and take care of his puppy as usual on the Saturday and Sunday and perhaps go awol on the Saturday or Sunday instead? If they didn't notice he was missing does that mean they could also not notice he was there, if you know what I mean. And was there three days of dog poop to clear up (with toilet paper presumably) in that bathroom?

I have a question prompted by the mention of toilet paper. Made me think of the puppy. If noone noticed corrie was missing till monday roll call, how do they know he didn't make it back to base that early a.m. and take care of his puppy as usual on the Saturday and Sunday and perhaps go awol on the Saturday or Sunday instead? If they didn't notice he was missing does that mean they could also not notice he was there, if you know what I mean. And was there three days of dog poop to clear up (with toilet paper presumably) in that bathroom?
Good question IMO

My oh is home on xmas leave and he says there's no way he could have got on base undetected

I have looked at the website, Tony's radio interview is there but Nicola's is not. I did watch the Victoria Derbyshire TV interview with them both but it wasn't mentioned. She did say that he left Flex just after 1am. No mention of the homeless man. If I can't find it I will remove my quote.
I don't think you need to remove it as it is a re collection for both of us at the moment. We are just trying to pin it down with a link. There are lots of other non link items still on there as we try to turn them into sourced facts .

I don't think you need to remove it as it is a re collection for both of us at the moment. We are just trying to pin it down with a link. There are lots of other non link items still on there as we try to turn them into sourced facts .

Could we have the timeline post again please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member