UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, if it was Corrie, do you think they would tell us? If it wasn't a missing person at all, just someone who looked like Corrie and they overreacted, do you think they would tell us either? If he is found alive I don't know how they would break the news TBH.

Any idea what would be the official police stance on this if it was Corrie? If he was intentionally AWOL and doesn't want to be found for whatever reason and as he's over 18 what would happen next? Even if it was Corrie and the police recognised him do they just leave him and say nothing to anyone?!
I'd like to think common sense would prevail if this was the case, but I'm unclear as to what the law states!

Missing stats as follows (all approx and from 2010-2013)

250,000 people reported missing each year in the UK
140,000 of those are under 18

Over 90% are found within 48 hours
99% are found within a year

By my estimation that's 2500 people who go missing and are not found within a year, that's 6 or 7 people EVERY DAY who will not be found any time soon!

http://www.missingpeople.org.uk/abo...nformation-statistics/76-keyinformation2.html

Any idea what would be the official police stance on this if it was Corrie? If he was intentionally AWOL and doesn't want to be found for whatever reason and as he's over 18 what would happen next? Even if it was Corrie and the police recognised him do they just leave him and say nothing to anyone?!
I'd like to think common sense would prevail if this was the case, but I'm unclear as to what the law states!

To be honest I think if Corrie was found alive and did not cooperate willingly he would be arrested and probably court martialled. And if the family didn't then at least let the public know, well, that would just be flippin' cheeky!

I can't remember who I was talking to but apparently they don't have to say anything, they don't even have to say they've found them? Where as I thought they would say they were safe but nothing else. Crazy that.

They'd have to close the investigation though so Nicola would know he's alive at least

Can I ask. Is Corrie actually been reported missing on the missing persons websites etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Say Corrie left on his own and he doesn't want to be found . Surely he had right to be left alone. What are the legal implications for:
Awol:
Disappearing out his own accord:
Now that it has gone this far. I was also interested in the use of language used by police and station commander. complex case and lifestyle.

Can I ask. Is Corrie actually been reported missing on the missing persons websites etc?

it has been asked many times but no he is not on any missing person websites, and to my knowledge is not officially listed as being AWOL

That's interesting. If the police found him, he was safe, and he wished to stay missing, what is the obligation? Do they need to inform the raf so his status then changes to awol? Or does he just remain 'missing?'

That's interesting. If the police found him, he was safe, and he wished to stay missing, what is the obligation? Do they need to inform the raf so his status then changes to awol? Or does he just remain 'missing?'

The civilian police would be obliged to hand him over to the military police as far as I'm aware since going AWOL is punishable by the military police.

I imagine they'd just turn the info over to mil police? I'm unsure. Bit odd the article has been removed.

The civilian police would be obliged to hand him over to the military police as far as I'm aware since going AWOL is punishable by the military police.
But he's not technically listed as awol so they can't arrest him? Just let mil police know he's alive so they can update the status

But he's not technically listed as awol so they can't arrest him? Just let mil police know he's alive so they can update the status

That's a good point. Seems a bit of a roundabout way of doing things.. the police find him, report him found to the military, wait for them to change his status to AWOL, then arrest him.

That's a good point. Seems a bit of a roundabout way of doing things.. the police find him, report him found to the military, wait for them to change his status to AWOL, then arrest him.

But without the status he hasn't broken the law technically. Even if it was him they found today they don't even have to tell his family they found him if he didn't want them to. Just odd the article was pulled. Wonder if it will be on the news?

Yrs but he's not officially awol yet, he's still classed as missing, so would that mean that the police have to leave him alone?

ah beat me to it DC

What the hell. His not be filed as a missing person. This is a joke right?

To be honest I think if Corrie was found alive and did not cooperate willingly he would be arrested and probably court martialled. And if the family didn't then at least let the public know, well, that would just be flippin' cheeky!
I don't think the regular police would have power of arrest as it's not a criminal offence AFAIK. If they took the MP with them I guess they deal with it under their powers. Perhaps someone on the forum knows about MP powers.

Hi everyone, I'm new but have been following and just wanted to post my thoughts which are all just an opinion.
The night Corrie went missing :
1. Missed lift into town with his "friends"
2. Spoke to his brother numerous times and at length.
3. Was on the stage and was noticed in the pub.
4. Made sure the doorman and manager spoke to him.
5. Made a nuisance of himself and was asked to leave.
6. Spoke to strangers in takeaway.
7. Chatted to a homeless man and offered him food.
8. Sat in a doorway in full view of cctv.
9. Sent a text message
10 walked to the horseshoe and looked directly at the camera.
Imo these things are all to make him noticed, to make sure he is seen. If imo he went awol/missing he KNEW his family would look and look hard for him.
Maybe he knew they would and had to make sure that it would be so very hard for them to even get a hint where he had gone.
I know it's been said he wouldn't do that but no one not even a parent, spouse or anyone knows what truly can go on in a person's mind.
Maybe he was conflicted and he had enough and wanted to start again.
This is all speculation and an opinion on my part of course.
I hope that cctv in the days leading up to his disappearance is being viewed and I think cctv should be viewed up until the Monday.
Links to people in that area need to be investigated for someone maybe helping him.
I truly feel bad for his family and awol would be the best outcome as I'm sure they would just be happy to have him safe.
As much as I like to think I know my sons I know they keep slot from me that would probably shock me to my bones, that is the nature of youth today.

Hi everyone, I'm new but have been following and just wanted to post my thoughts which are all just an opinion.
The night Corrie went missing :
1. Missed lift into town with his "friends"
2. Spoke to his brother numerous times and at length.
3. Was on the stage and was noticed in the pub.
4. Made sure the doorman and manager spoke to him.
5. Made a nuisance of himself and was asked to leave.
6. Spoke to strangers in takeaway.
7. Chatted to a homeless man and offered him food.
8. Sat in a doorway in full view of cctv.
9. Sent a text message
10 walked to the horseshoe and looked directly at the camera.
Imo these things are all to make him noticed, to make sure he is seen. If imo he went awol/missing he KNEW his family would look and look hard for him.
Maybe he knew they would and had to make sure that it would be so very hard for them to even get a hint where he had gone.
I know it's been said he wouldn't do that but no one not even a parent, spouse or anyone knows what truly can go on in a person's mind.
Maybe he was conflicted and he had enough and wanted to start again.
This is all speculation and an opinion on my part of course.
I hope that cctv in the days leading up to his disappearance is being viewed and I think cctv should be viewed up until the Monday.
Links to people in that area need to be investigated for someone maybe helping him.
I truly feel bad for his family and awol would be the best outcome as I'm sure they would just be happy to have him safe.
As much as I like to think I know my sons I know they keep slot from me that would probably shock me to my bones, that is the nature of youth today.

Welcome! You make some great points about whether he really was trying to be intentionally seen that night, food for thought given the current events.

Thank-you dcflag,
I know it's been said that he may show signs of ADD/ADHD but just something niggles me.
He made sure he was noticeable and remembered imo.
Playing rock paper scissors with strangers... getting on stage.....making sure he was seen on cctv the whole night apart from when he went into the horseshoe then ziltch.
Lots of people have said he wouldn't do it but if he had just snapped who's to say. The mind is a funny thing.
This is all just speculation of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member