UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has bike man been identified yet? Reason I ask, is that would it be possible for him to have had CM's phone. Surely he would of been picked up on other CCTV as well.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

I must have missed that part, but regardless, does that sound normal?

I do the same for my daughter. I took the phone contract out when she was too young to have her own and just kept renewing it even though she is now in her twenties. As Nicola also said Corries car was paid for by her It isn't surprising she continued to pay for his phone also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Except not all methods of being visible to someone on the internet require location.

And I'd still like to know how anybody other than Corrie could know the settings on his own phone. It's a fair question?

They couldn't, unless he and the perp were using a similar or the same App with a geolocation system attached to it...'Hook up' App for instance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I do believe in q&a N stated it was actually her phone, registered to her and C used it, I think she would be quite familiar with it.

OK this makes more sense to me now. She does seem quite savvy about these things. Not just because of her background, but she also seems quite an aware parent.

Sounds daft but a "pee rage" incident ?

Doesn't sound daft at all. I think someone mentioned 'tramp territory' in an earlier post and the psychology of 'owning' that patch of concrete. The tramp wouldn't own a car though.

Honestly, I think it's just a simple sitting in the car for an hour, possibly parting with the phone or keeping it in the car (his pocket) and exiting BSE in that car towards BM with the perp.

I'm trying to think of any reason you would place your phone on top of a bin to have a pee. Surely you'd just leave it in your pocket?

Unless you were trying to have a conversation whilst peeing (holding fly open in one hand and the 'old fella' in the other....phone on top of the bin. You'd notice the light on the phone though and be focused on it and where you were peeing (shoes and splash).
I'm beginning to think it's just a 'phone journey match' and NOT a 'phone dump'. The 'phone dump' is too complicated and too many variables to hit at the same time.
Sitting in a car following the bin lorry is an easier option.

Also you're more vulnerable having a slash as you have one or both hands on the old boy, and your facing away from any attacker or pickpocket.

Honestly, I think it's just a simple sitting in the car for an hour, possibly parting with the phone or keeping it in the car (his pocket) and exiting BSE in that car towards BM with the perp.

Which brings me to the point I was about to raise anyway. I know the question has been asked before, but I don't remember seeing an answer to it: do we know for certain whether the phone travelled between BSE and BM in the bin lorry? In other words, have the pings been correlated with pings to / from the driver's own or a work-provided mobile, and have they been correlated with other CCTV / ANPR footage of the bin lorry as it made its way along the route? I imagine the timings are as precise as 1/10th or 1/100th of a second, so it should be relatively simple to work out whether the phone made its way in a different vehicle.

Maybe I've missed the details earlier, but what do we know about the buildings which Nicola is saying were not searched and should be? Are they derelict buildings with broken doors and windows which someone wanting a kip could go into, or which squatters/tramps could be living in, or just unused offices which look in good condition and are unlikely to be accessible by anyone but the owners? Presumably the police will have tried the doors and looked through the windows even if they haven't been inside, so anything obvious will have been noted.

I don't believe that particular mobile is available on contract, so either it is N's old phone or she just bought the SIM. Either way I don't believe you can realistically accept that she knew for definite that GPS was off. It is totally contradictory to the statements about his use of dating websites which require GPS to be on...

OK this makes more sense to me now. She does seem quite savvy about these things. Not just because of her background, but she also seems quite an aware parent.

Which brings me to the point I was about to raise anyway. I know the question has been asked before, but I don't remember seeing an answer to it: do we know for certain whether the phone travelled between BSE and BM in the bin lorry? In other words, have the pings been correlated with pings to / from the driver's own or a work-provided mobile, and have they been correlated with other CCTV / ANPR footage of the bin lorry as it made its way along the route? I imagine the timings are as precise as 1/10th or 1/100th of a second, so it should be relatively simple to work out whether the phone made its way in a different vehicle.
Two different devices would ping the tower at different times I would imagine, so I don't think it would be possible to know if both phones were coming from the same vehicle, however they could of followed a similar route to Barton Mills?

Two different devices would ping the tower at different times I would imagine, so I don't think it would be possible to know if both phones were coming from the same vehicle, however they could of followed a similar route to Barton Mills?

Please see my earlier posts about simultaneous vehicle travel.

Please see my earlier posts about simultaneous vehicle travel.

It's entirely possible for the dump and follow scenario, but also possible that the non lorry vehicle might just be stuck behind the lorry and they happen to be travelling roughly in the same direction.

Has it been discussed that if it was a conventional lorry which compacts the rubbish it collects, does at any point in its journey, can the driver use the compactor / scoop whilst in transit. If that happened it could coincide with the last ping from Corrie's phone, that's if of course the phone has been deposited in the lorry... That said if it was just a recycling lorry it might not compact at all...

I meant that she either forgot on the night that she had to meet with C or that she woke up in morning with no recollection of her going to meet C and not finding him. I don't believe she could be involved in a sinister way and forget. Although it's possible, just unlikely.

I just can't shake the feeling that he would have accepted a lift from the USAF guy unless a) he was waiting for someone or b) he felt a bit unsure about USAF guy, (but then why feel unsure about someone you kind of know and trust complete strangers like his mum suggests he would)

I am trying to find a link about this as I thought I had read the American was getting a taxi, so Corrie declined because he was meeting someone OR he was a bit short on ready cash and couldn't contribute to the cost of a fare?

I don't believe that particular mobile is available on contract, so either it is N's old phone or she just bought the SIM. Either way I don't believe you can realistically accept that she knew for definite that GPS was off. It is totally contradictory to the statements about his use of dating websites which require GPS to be on...

Isn't it the case that the reason they know he didn't have GPS turned on is because they'd be able to locate/track his phone with a lot more accuracy if it was in fact turned on?

IMO, from what was said in the 2 Oct press conference and what is posted on the website Nicola does not seem very aware of what Corrie does in the RAF. He's not a 'senior serviceman' in the 'regimental gunners'; my parents could quote, well, not quite name, rank and number for serving family members, but certainly knew our ranks and job roles.

James- Night porter not required if nobody was officially residing there

The caretaker then.....
.....which means were in "Scooby Doo" territory !

"And I would have got away with it, had it not been for those pesky kids !"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member