UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure the lift he was offered was to a different base but struggling to find the link where I read it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure it was, which is why Corrie may have declined because a diversion to Honington (or somewhere near) may have been what he thought was a bit too much to contribute to the fare.

I mean, I don't understand why he drove into town rather than taxi there to get a lift back or at least share taxi back with someone. Yes, I've already said how easy it would have bebeen for his mates to have left him on camp, but he had options.

He was offered a lift apparently but the usaf man who offered it got a taxi with a female

Is this the same man that was in the black t shirt at mamma mias? I cannot find anything other than police have traced him and spoken to him. No details of who he is and what he told them.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/one_mont...rmation_still_have_not_come_forward_1_4746715

"He had been on a night out in the town and had told friends he intended on walking back to the base."

If that's the case it makes it even odder IMO that the friends didn't wonder where he was the next day? We've been led to believe that the didn't question his absence as they were used to him not coming back at the weekend, which sounds reasonable to me, but not if he'd actually said he was going to walk back.

I'm going to take thsi report with a pince of salt, afawk he was thrown out of the nightclub without the friends knowing, when did he supposedly tell them he was walking home. This is a fairly early press report and IMO there was still confusion about the details

JMO

If that's the case it makes it even odder IMO that the friends didn't wonder where he was the next day? We've been led to believe that the didn't question his absence as they were used to him not coming back at the weekend, which sounds reasonable to me, but not if he'd actually said he was going to walk back.

I'm going to take thsi report with a pince of salt, afawk he was thrown out of the nightclub without the friends knowing, when did he supposedly tell them he was walking home. This is a fairly early press report and IMO there was still confusion about the details

JMO
I agree. I really don't believe he intended to walk back. I mentioned earlier that if a friend has said this, they really need to talk to this friend again. It's been pointed out by others, he needs to move his car fairly early in the morning. Why would he walk to the camp only to have to return. I tend to think he was still hanging out in town to sober up. He might agree to a trip back to camp, if there was a promise to drive him back in the morning. The whole evening does not make sense to me.

Two different devices would ping the tower at different times I would imagine, so I don't think it would be possible to know if both phones were coming from the same vehicle, however they could of followed a similar route to Barton Mills?

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk
Unless gps was on on both phones perhaps? But am not phone tech savvy. Again I say his phone may have been recovered and we and the family may not know the actual settings. Would that be possible?

The phone pings have led us to believe Corrie left bury or intentionally hitched a lift etc.

What if Corrie had friends in bury he could call in on, people who would let him sleep on their sofa the night. Maybe even someone he's been seeing who may not have been in (working?) until 3am?

that doesn't mean he stayed with anyone or anything, just that his intentions weren't to leave bury necessarily.

How easy is it to have to recall a conversation from the weekend when you've been drinking? Not easy. The intentions to walk back to base could easily have been Corrie saying he was walking "home" or "I'm walking back"

I'm pretty sure the lift he was offered was to a different base but struggling to find the link where I read it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe he played rock paper scissors for the free ride but lost so declined?

I'm sure it was, which is why Corrie may have declined because a diversion to Honington (or somewhere near) may have been what he thought was a bit too much to contribute to the fare.

I mean, I don't understand why he drove into town rather than taxi there to get a lift back or at least share taxi back with someone. Yes, I've already said how easy it would have bebeen for his mates to have left him on camp, but he had options.
He was skint, parked free, drank free, prob got asked to leave flex for either drinking his own booze or not buying any after charming his way in. Prob got the grub on tick or credit card. Perhaps his phone ran out of credit so he binned it in anger. JMO.

BIB , IDKnow ^ but the pre-loading with alcohol in the car may also relate to him being skint at the end of the night. He would save some money by drinking his own vodka.

There's lots here that's possibly being glossed over.
Did any of the mates know of an intention to sleep, sober up and drive back( still maybe over the limit) BUT feel that this should be omitted from the press?
So many will have sympathy that they see no reason for this to be public and make it worse.

Diamba85 - regarding time lost between doorway and horseshoe: this is important IMO. He might have been awake prior to the 3.08 message send too. But presumably it is all covered off in the (unseen) CCTV footage of him at Hughes doorway.
Personally I think one of the unidentified persons looks like C in the white top on the cornhill camera but the time doesn't fit unless he left Hughes and wandered about a bit beforehand. Noone except police haveseen doorway footage. JMO.

I think we should first establish if he had friends anywhere

The phone pings have led us to believe Corrie left bury or intentionally hitched a lift etc.

What if Corrie had friends in bury he could call in on, people who would let him sleep on their sofa the night. Maybe even someone he's been seeing who may not have been in (working?) until 3am?

that doesn't mean he stayed with anyone or anything, just that his intentions weren't to leave bury necessarily.

How easy is it to have to recall a conversation from the weekend when you've been drinking? Not easy. The intentions to walk back to base could easily have been Corrie saying he was walking "home" or "I'm walking back"

I don't believe that particular mobile is available on contract, so either it is N's old phone or she just bought the SIM. Either way I don't believe you can realistically accept that she knew for definite that GPS was off. It is totally contradictory to the statements about his use of dating websites which require GPS to be on...

Pretty sure it's her old phone.

His car was parked in a Disabled Bay.
That would be a lot easier to move in the morning. And it would mean he could walk to it, rather than finding a mate (at 8am on a Saturday morning) to drive him to Bury.

Thanks Annie

I was pointing towards not seeing a link between Focus 12 clients and crimes. Yes, might not have been reported with patient confidentiality, but I still think the significance of no 26 is being somewhat overplayed.

Yes that's a fair point.
We don't know if anyone was actually there or not and if focus 12 were to comment they would just reiterate that no residents are in situ at the weekends. Imo.

I think we should first establish if he had friends anywhere

He'd been 3 years at that base.
Was a "social hand grenade".
The bouncers at the club knew him.
And the kebab shop guy said he was "a regular".
He was confident to go up to anyone.

What's the chance he knew people in Bury ?
Pretty high, I would say.

BIB , IDKnow ^ but the pre-loading with alcohol in the car may also relate to him being skint at the end of the night. He would save some money by drinking his own vodka.

There's lots here that's possibly being glossed over.
Did any of the mates know of an intention to sleep, sober up and drive back( still maybe over the limit) BUT feel that this should be omitted from the press?
So many will have sympathy that they see no reason for this to be public and make it worse.

With due respect it has not been confirmed that he was drinking vodka in his car - another rumour that has grown legs. Maybe he bought some cans of ??? Only want to be accurate as far as possible here.

He drove into town because he missed his lift. It was a nice car to drive and it was a free journey in?
He probably drunk in the car to 'tank up' prior to bumping into his mates who were scattered around BSE.
He was ejected from Flex early on so with the limited amount of money left in his pocket (end of the month & see above) bought a large meal including two burgers as a cheap payment to his destination after pre arranging it via an App after leaving Flex?
JMOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He obviously had friends at honington, he had friends at usaf, he had friends at marham, if he has no friends in bury I'd have to call bull.

I have to be honest. Hanging around from 0130-0330-0800 in BSE to recover his car when the effects of booze had worn off looks appealing .
I still think he was waiting for a lift though. All of the suggestive evidence points that way. My money is on 'phone keep and car journey' scenario (which again, is easily explained away).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No doubt he was known in Bury, that's different to having friends, or even enemies.

He'd been 3 years at that base.
Was a "social hand grenade".
The bouncers at the club knew him.
And the kebab shop guy said he was "a regular".
He was confident to go up to anyone.

What's the chance he knew people in Bury ?
Pretty high, I would say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member