UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
During the live web cast on Facebook, Corrie's mum said that he believed he could handle himself and he would go off with a stranger. I would have thought that three years (assuming it was three years) in the RAF would have made him more vigilant. He does sound a bit too trusting, reckless even. His mum also mentioned that he wasn't going to go out that night, it was a week before pay day etc. Someone asked during the webcast about his car and where it is now and she said she has it, she also commented that she paid for it so she has it now. It does sound like he very much 'lived for the moment'. The call to his brother that night strikes me as odd, the duration and reason his mum gave was that they were planning the following weekend. Someone posted that there had been four calls to his brother that day, I also read in a post that the brother had mentioned in an interview that he planned to speak to him in the Sunday. All of the footage shows Corrie on his own, very much 'alone'. He was asked to leave the club a mere half hour after going in, was he a nuisance, why did they ask him to leave? It really doesn't sound like his friends were with him at all that night. After they left without him you would have thought the first thing he would have done when he drove to BSE was to catch up with them.

typo - should have read 'not' with him at all that night

A question occurs to me for those who think the phone was deliberately thrown in the bin by someone who knows the bin emptying schedule, and this is a genuine question although it may sound snarky - what kind of person would know the middle of the night arrangements for bins in BSE, someone who knows the whole town's arrangements (and just happens to be next to a particular bin) or someone who knows only the arrangemenst for the HS so engineers to commit a crime there, someone who has planned a crime and spent time watching the late night bin collections just in case?

I really don't see any of this being the slightest bit feasible, IMHO the only person who knows when the bins are going to be collected is the bin man and unless he's pretty stupid he's not going to put a phone in his own lorry

:confused:

It would have to be someone who "resides" at the HS area. If a bin wakes you up at a certain time every week or something, you'd become aware of it. It's how I learned when my bins got emptied in my new house haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point. However, say the woman he planned to meet with was extremely drunk or became extremely drunk throughout the evening and woke up the next morning with zero recollection of the night before? It happens a lot.

Along that same line, that reminds me of something I thought of when I first started reading this thread.

Maybe C himself had "blacked out" and woke at 3am with no memory, or a very faded memory. The only thing that makes me discount this is surely there'd be evidence of him texting people to come and get him. Unless he was much more of a loner than we think and he decided to just wait it out and drive back at 6ish and something happens while he's waiting about.

Do you mean the woman was drunk and forgot about the arrangement, that could definitely happen, or that she made the meet up and forgot that something bad had happened to Corrie? Less likely IMO

Nicola has said frm the start that the fact that Corrie sent the photo which was received by one method and forwarded by another (facebook to whatsapp or vice versa maybe) showed that he was with it enough to not be completely drunk.

The not going back to wait in the warmth of the car is a puzzle for me

It would have to be someone who "resides" at the HS area. If a bin wakes you up at a certain time every week or something, you'd become aware of it. It's how I learned when my bins got emptied in my new house haha.

Yes, possible, my memory is that there aren't any residents in those buildings but I may be wrong, someone will correct me if so

JMO

Do you mean the woman was drunk and forgot about the arrangement, that could definitely happen, or that she made the meet up and forgot that something bad had happened to Corrie? Less likely IMO

Nicola has said frm the start that the fact that Corrie sent the photo which was received by one method and forwarded by another (facebook to whatsapp or vice versa maybe) showed that he was with it enough to not be completely drunk.

The not going back to wait in the warmth of the car is a puzzle for me

I meant that she either forgot on the night that she had to meet with C or that she woke up in morning with no recollection of her going to meet C and not finding him. I don't believe she could be involved in a sinister way and forget. Although it's possible, just unlikely.

I just can't shake the feeling that he would have accepted a lift from the USAF guy unless a) he was waiting for someone or b) he felt a bit unsure about USAF guy, (but then why feel unsure about someone you kind of know and trust complete strangers like his mum suggests he would)

C also wasn't supposed to be going out that evening. He was "skint" until payday the following week. So what made him go out?

Being in a busy part of town, it seems unlikely that the bins would bother you after awhile. You get used to noise to be fair the only time I twitch at the curtains is when I hear the 'odd noise' out.

Nicola has said that the location servcies were turned off, she said that if they were on there'd be much more specifc info on where the phoen went, someone posted it earlier in ths thread I think in the discussion where Grindr was discounted

OK thanks for replying, and I'm sorry for harping on about this point..... I just don't understand what the more "specific info" could be???

• The phone pings to towers is how the phone triangulates location. There is no "GPS" beyond that.
  • The only way anyone would know that "Location Services" was turned off is if they knew his password to log in to a service like "find my phone". But what 20-something kid lets his guardians know his private phone details?
  • I guess it is possible for Microsoft to help there. If it were Apple - no chance. These big companies tend to value privacy.

I'm not pointing the finger at anyone here.... but I hope we aren't being told uncertain things just get from the uncomfortable sexuality questions. (I don't actually care about his sexuality, but I do care about where his phone actually is and how people seem to know specific details of its settings).

Focus 12 is located at 82 Risbygate Street, which is not in the HS area. The website is http://www.focus12.co.uk
The Risbygate Street address is the office/treatment centre.
Accom in town is as follows:
24 Crown Street - 5 persons (1 twin room, 3 single rooms)
8 Out Northgate - 3 persons (1 twin room, 1 single room)
120 Cannon Street - 3 persons (1 twin room, 1 single room)
26 Brentgovel Street - 5 persons (2 twin rooms, 3 single rooms)

Sorry MissFrench - you beat me to it!

OK thanks for replying, and I'm sorry for harping on about this point..... I just don't understand what the more "specific info" could be???

• The phone pings to towers is how the phone triangulates location. There is no "GPS" beyond that.
  • The only way anyone would know that "Location Services" was turned off is if they knew his password to log in to a service like "find my phone". But what 20-something kid lets his guardians know his private phone details?
  • I guess it is possible for Microsoft to help there. If it were Apple - no chance. These big companies tend to value privacy.

I'm not pointing the finger at anyone here.... but I hope we aren't being told uncertain things just get from the uncomfortable sexuality questions. (I don't actually care about his sexuality, but I do care about where his phone actually is and how people seem to know specific details of its settings).

I'm not a phone expert but the location services would pinpoint the exact grid reference of the phone as it moved rather than the vague ping details. I don't know how they know but I can't see a reason for Nicola not to be honest about it.

JMO

Absolutely. Do we know if there are any specific parking restrictions in the horseshoe? I'm thinking there are probably double yellow lines with loading markings, but I wonder if, due to the shape of the area, you can get away with parking closer to the buildings and leaving your car there for a while i.e overnight x

8ee9819c505a9b341527b0224b7e97ed.jpg
note the double yellow lines and no waiting marks on the 'kerb'.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All the businesses in the H/s have front entrances/exits as well as rear entrances/exits for deliveries and rubbish take out including F12 so C could have been taken into any of them and gone out a different way unseen. This vanishing stuff is just nonsense. He could also have gone up SB or Looms Lane unseen. The inside areas have not been searched as that would require search warrants which would require evidence and we know there isn't any. So all we have are the pongs and the vehicles whose drivers have been interviewed. Oh and the black now white people carrier that has NOT been torched and the Marham connection. JMO.

I was under the impression that Focus 12 was in the immediate area that Corrie was last seen but it isn't in the HS area, as per link above.

Accommodation for clients and administration offices are in separate locations.

A question occurs to me for those who think the phone was deliberately thrown in the bin by someone who knows the bin emptying schedule, and this is a genuine question although it may sound snarky - what kind of person would know the middle of the night arrangements for bins in BSE, someone who knows the whole town's arrangements (and just happens to be next to a particular bin) or someone who knows only the arrangemenst for the HS so engineers to commit a crime there, someone who has planned a crime and spent time watching the late night bin collections just in case?

I really don't see any of this being the slightest bit feasible, IMHO the only person who knows when the bins are going to be collected is the bin man and unless he's pretty stupid he's not going to put a phone in his own lorry

:confused:

I'm with you on that Suzy. Which bounces off my previous post about the opportunistic 'phone dump' in the back of the lorry and NOT the bin.
I'm struggling to come up with a scenario that meets the criteria of Corrie meeting a person outside of the vehicle, parting with his phone, phone ending up in the bin lorry and the driver/Corrie departing the scene. I feel certain this is the case though. Needs discussion.

I'm not a phone expert but the location services would pinpoint the exact grid reference of the phone as it moved rather than the vague ping details. I don't know how they know but I can't see a reason for Nicola not to be honest about it.

JMO
Perhaps they did recover the phone and haven't made it public (except for the one MSM that reported "no blood on the recovered phone" that this forum put down to shoddy reporting.). JMO.

In all the time I've lived in BSE I've never heard of Focus 12 until now, ie never read of any links to anything untoward, and neither have I heard of any specific crimes in the horseshoe or that match Corrie's disappearance.

With the local murders that I've read about, and the non-fatal shooting last year, there's been some kind of personal connection between perp and victim.

Not saying they couldn't be related, but back to my opinion that there are things being put out there by the family that change on a regular basis or seem to serve no discernable purpose; he's been hit by a car, he's in a building opposite the horseshoe, he finds himself in people's hearts, he's a social hand grenade and a risk taker, there's rehab accommodation in the horseshoe. I'm kind of, and...???

https://www.police.uk/suffolk/H23/crime/2016-09/
Sometimes crime just isn't reported in the msm.
In September there were a few.

DCflag - as it seems that you're army/ex-army from that ^ post - what's your view about the puppy kept in his room without permission ?

I find this very hard to believe that nobody knew. There would be the cleaners in every day doing the corridors and communal areas. I'd imagine regular block inspections too. What did he do with the dog when there was a block inspection? I think it's more likely it was common knowledge and they turned a blind eye for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member