UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could be a detective and take over this case myself. I'm sure Corrie's Mum would love to too.

The CCTV is fixed on all paths out of the horseshoe area. He would have to pass a fixed camera unless somehow he went through or over a building.

The CCTV needs to be scoured through and scoured through again and again to see if he left on foot. If there is definitely no footage of him on any static camera then the main focus should be that suspect car that was there for no apparent reason.

I'd love to know what the Police are doing.

Investigate that car properly, Investigate the CCTV properly. 3 months down the line this should have been done, so what is going on?

Ok, first ever post, so go easy!

I have read a lot about the case mainly from the msm and bits and pieces from previous pages on here. You guys sure go into great depth, I think most of you must be bin experts by now, or have now achieved bin degrees.

All I can link it to, which I have experience of this happening in my town of Swindon, Wilts is the murder of Sian O'Callaghan and Becky Godden-Edwards. By the serial killer Christopher Halliwell.

Both of the above murders were spread far apart, on impulse.

It froze the whole town until he was caught.

I have read a lot about the Luke Durbin case, and my theory, which you may think is to wild, is that these missing cases are both linked in modus operandi.

Both abductions on impulse similar to Halliwell's, late at night, vulnerable, drunk state, on there own, needing to get home.

Halliwell was only just, and I mean 'just' caught on CCTV after picking up Sian in his taxi. If he hadn't I'm pretty sure he would of gotten away with it.

Luke's case, down the road from Corrie's so short journey by car. One car was never traced which drove near Luke on the night he vanished. CCTV was not good enough picture.

I think if we fast forward a year, all leads are cold, no break through, nothing. I would link it to Halliwell's modus of working.

However with a difference of men being the victim not women.

Absolutely agree. I have made this comparison before too.

Ok, first ever post, so go easy!

I have read a lot about the case mainly from the msm and bits and pieces from previous pages on here. You guys sure go into great depth, I think most of you must be bin experts by now, or have now achieved bin degrees.

All I can link it to, which I have experience of this happening in my town of Swindon, Wilts is the murder of Sian O'Callaghan and Becky Godden-Edwards. By the serial killer Christopher Halliwell.

Both of the above murders were spread far apart, on impulse.

It froze the whole town until he was caught.

I have read a lot about the Luke Durbin case, and my theory, which you may think is to wild, is that these missing cases are both linked in modus operandi.

Both abductions on impulse similar to Halliwell's, late at night, vulnerable, drunk state, on there own, needing to get home.

Halliwell was only just, and I mean 'just' caught on CCTV after picking up Sian in his taxi. If he hadn't I'm pretty sure he would of gotten away with it.

Luke's case, down the road from Corrie's so short journey by car. One car was never traced which drove near Luke on the night he vanished. CCTV was not good enough picture.

I think if we fast forward a year, all leads are cold, no break through, nothing. I would link it to Halliwell's modus of working.

However with a difference of men being the victim not women.

This was one of the cases I read about on Wikipedia a few days ago.

I found it relevant to Corrie's case in that there were phone pings and it turned out the body of Sian was in a different place (a third place, neither the place where she got in the car, nor the place where the phone pinged). The Wikipedia article wasn't very clear about Becky though, but there did seem to be a significant gap between the two murders? And I read that Becky's body had not been found and it wasn't found until Halliwell told police where her remains were.

It's also worth noting that people move, sometimes from one end of the country to the other -- Corrie himself moved to BSE from Scotland.

Although Grindr is in the news, I don't think the 'old style' of murder will ever go away entirely.

:shakehead:

I feel that many of us are realising the undercurrent of unhappiness suffered by Corrie. I am not giving all the examples as they are quite obvious. I do not feel he is alive. I do not think this is the work of just one person. I do think that Corrie could have looked after himself. He probably learned to be hard due to some unknown life experience. What if Corrie did have some sordid rendezvous with a person from the bin area? What if he was dropped off and its the later exchange that has led to whats happened to him? We know from his mum he goes off with random strangers all the time. Okay this time might be that one time it went wrong. However, if i was that rather dodgy person in the car, i would be very reluctant to admit why in fact i was in that area. So, what could have happened on the way home? A random hit and run and the body has been picked up and taken goodness knows where. However, i wonder how many people are travelling back to lakenheath mildenhall honington at weekends? What if this was a targetted attack by another serviceman? Additionally, there will be other people travelling these roads, possibly over the limit. They are not going to come forwards voluntarily. I just think there is too much focus on it all going on at the bin area.

Very good point.

He must've had a best mate from back home, he must have cousins and old school mates, other family members etc yet nobody other than his mum, uncle and brothers seem involved in anything. I've seen nothing from any other source pleading for his safe return or coming forward giving stories of Corrie when they knew him. I'd of thought his home community would be fighting to find him and joining in the search.
It's all a bit weird to me.

does anyone know who said that corrie was in a bit of a mess in the doorway and crying or something? i know nicola was asked and she said something along the lines of having viewed all the cctv and the story of him crying was rubbish - well who said that and why?

It was really early in the beginning on the website I'm sure it was Nicola who said it was too distressing to be released but did not expand on the content!

There is no law to say a raft of cousins need to make any sort of appeal. His family are currently doing a fantastic job of keeping the story in the media, appeals by other people won't make a difference to the amount of publicity the case is getting or find him any sooner.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

- its just too easy to dismiss this as a hook up gone wrong, corrie was a strong young man trained in self defence - according to his mum he did these reckless things because he believed he could handle himself.im sure he was trained in knife combat, better than any freaky pervert andunless this person had a gun, surely corrie could have dealth with a single person ?

Well look how many times it has happened before to young fit men, when you've had a drink and someone has a plan of attack your not going to have the upper hand!

It was really early in the beginning on the website I'm sure it was Nicola who said it was too distressing to be released but did not expand on the content!

I wonder if that's distressing to family or to us all in general

Well look how many times it has happened before to young fit men, when you've had a drink and someone has a plan of attack your not going to have the upper hand!

Agree totally with this, yet have seen "he's a fit man who could handle himself" posted so often on these threads. It's no protection in the circumstances you describe.

Unrelated - is it correct that Corrie was not ever in the habit of walking back to the base if he had to? I've read conflicting posts on that/comments from Mum. ( 9 miles is not a long walk if you're not legless, it just takes longer. I presume he anticipated on getting a lift/hitching/finding a taxi as £ was not a concern etc..)

Not sure, it's stuck in my mind though because I thought it was a strange word to use! I presume distressing due to whatever he's doing because surely the last confirmed cctv footage would be the more upsetting of the two for the family as that's where the trail goes cold

Agree totally with this, yet have seen "he's a fit man who could handle himself" posted so often on these threads. It's no protection in the circumstances you describe.

Unrelated - is it correct that Corrie was not ever in the habit of walking back to the base if he had to? I've read conflicting posts on that/comments from Mum. ( 9 miles is not a long walk if you're not legless, it just takes longer. I presume he anticipated on getting a lift/hitching/finding a taxi as £ was not a concern etc..)

I think the confusion around this came from the family saying he had walked home when living in Scotland but weren't sure if he had whilst living at the base

There is no law to say a raft of cousins need to make any sort of appeal. His family are currently doing a fantastic job of keeping the story in the media, appeals by other people won't make a difference to the amount of publicity the case is getting or find him any sooner.

Never said there was, I just think the more on board the better as nobody I know has ever heard of Corrie so it's still not a national news story. Just their general concern too, I find it odd there's no friends coming forward or anything..

No of course there is no law but it is a very fair point. And we understand the RAF may not be allowed to say anything but his friends in Fife or Suffolk could surely say something? And I disagree that his friends wouldn't make a difference to the media publicity - I think the very opposite is true and I do not understand this at all either JMHO.

I wish I could be a detective and take over this case myself. I'm sure Corrie's Mum would love to too.

The CCTV is fixed on all paths out of the horseshoe area. He would have to pass a fixed camera unless somehow he went through or over a building.

The CCTV needs to be scoured through and scoured through again and again to see if he left on foot. If there is definitely no footage of him on any static camera then the main focus should be that suspect car that was there for no apparent reason.

I'd love to know what the Police are doing.

Investigate that car properly, Investigate the CCTV properly. 3 months down the line this should have been done, so what is going on?
Well she has the means and the inclination and has the intent to hire a PI so I don't really understand this either. Perhaps she wants to satisfy herself with this one more search? But why wait another 3 weeks before that too? IMO there must be important unreleased evidence still.

Not sure, it's stuck in my mind though because I thought it was a strange word to use! I presume distressing due to whatever he's doing because surely the last confirmed cctv footage would be the more upsetting of the two for the family as that's where the trail goes cold

This misinformation is in danger of starting up again.

No one said the footage was distressing, it was simply a suggestion by a poster on one of the very early threads as to why the police might not be showing it.

We have absolutely no reason to believe this and Nicola has been very clear more than once that there was no distress. With so few facts it won't help if we are side tracked by things that aren't true. If there's a link I've missed over the Christmas period please post it so I can revise my view

Poor lad - I wish these preachers/police they spoke of had picked him up and dealt with him. A family would have been together at Christmas then.

It's been the clear position of the family almost from the start that Corrie had never walked back to the base. For a short time right at the beginning we were led to believe this but it was clarified that he'd never done it (as far as anyone knows)

Well she has the means and the inclination and has the intent to hire a PI so I don't really understand this either. Perhaps she wants to satisfy herself with this one more search? But why wait another 3 weeks before that too? IMO there must be important unreleased evidence still.

I agree that the setting of a search date so far in the future is strange. If they have some reason to think that Corrie is dead and that thay are searching for a body it gives the perpatrator exact notice of how long they have to move the body and as they've also confirmed that the first search area has now been ticked off the list surely that would be the ideal place to move it to.

I followed another case with searches and the number 1 rule was that search details would be kept totally private which seems exactly the right way to do it IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli