UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM- this is not fact either. There are numerous ways to get between the two places, numerous roads and footpaths. The pings give a wide circle of arrival and departure, there were not enough masts to pin point triangulation, purely 5km circles. Whilst the phone left BSE within 4 mins of the bin lorry, it was still only triangulated within 5kms of the mast. It really could have been stolen and dumped 3kms away from the horseshoe in a different bin on a different pick up route, or been in a taxi, or other vehicle/pedestrian. We come back to this scenario frequently, but it is no more confirmed than everything else we hash over.

BIB Thanks for this - this is the sort of info/post I was referring to earlier. Very helpful.

oops cross post with NLights!

We've also not really discussed (to my recollection) whether the phone would even have signal in the back of a bin lorry to be able to ping a mast.

its not a double trip, you get a lift back the day after with a friend. Two other cars went out with his friends that night, chances are they were all left over night and someone who still had their car at base would take the drivers back the following day to pick up their cars. This is what myself and my friends have always done (mainly because our bases are often a bit in the sticks, but also because it saves taxis both ways). 22 years and this has been the norm for us going out as has it been for all our friends.
It is a double trip.

The trip home from the town and then the trip back into the town in the morning, followed by the trip home in the car again. Thats not including his original trip into the town the previous night.

So, in reality, its a 'quadruple' trip. Google maps has the distance at almost 11 miles, so in reality, he would have covered 44 miles just for the sake of his night out.

Then, take into account the fact that parking fees apply from 8am in the morning. That would mean he would have had to be heading back into BSE at around 7.30am at the latest, I would assume that getting someone from the base to be accomodating at that time on a Saturday morning to run him back in would be a little difficult?

Sent from my SM-T535 using Tapatalk

1c0f6a506169ada92cb510f6a5bd341a.jpg

I am not 100% sure tbh - just checked and it appears he parked in Robert Boby Way, parking fees do apply in that area, however if he did indeed park in a disabled spot then there probably wouldnt be a meter.

Either way, the main point that I am making is that he needed to hang around to get his car back to the base in the morning, otherwise he would have had a double trip to get back to the base, only to repeat the journey into the town again in the morning to pick it up. Quite a lot of hassle/cost (double taxi journeys etc), with the added bonus of a fine/clamping looming in the background.

I can see why there is confusion. I think that price list is for the Halfords/PCWorld/TK Maxx car park which is the official council Robert Boby Way car park. There are also a few traditional on street spaces inc two disabled bays that allow 1 hour free parking?

crikey - and Gthan has just pasted the info that he DID sometimes walk home and he had said he was planning to walk home!!
Thankyou.

s'pose we'll never know if he sometimes he did also drive home after a skinful & a sleep?

The phone in the bin and body in the bin and or in the lorry or either in the landfill have been discounted. The bin lorry contents were manually sorted then incinerated.

so shiresleuth you are saying that the refuse staff were all interviewed and definitely no-one pocketed a phone?

The phone in the bin and body in the bin and or in the lorry or either in the landfill have been discounted. The bin lorry contents were manually sorted then incinerated.
Yes, however the phone did seem to follow the bin lorries movements.

The rubbish was then manually sorted and no phone found. I would assume that even if a lowly paid refuse worker had found the phone and sold it on etc, then given the gravity of the situation they would have come clean by now.

So, given the above and the fact there is nothing to suggest that he was parted from his phone, my take on it is that both Corrie and his phone were in that bin lorry, but he exited it during the trip back to the depot. (He could have jumped out when it was stationary at a junction/lights being one possible scenario)

Is it possible that the phone was just missed? I'm picturing a phone falling into the fold where a piece of cardboard has been folded up? Maybe someone who knows more about refuse collection than me can correct me!

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

1c0f6a506169ada92cb510f6a5bd341a.jpg

I am not 100% sure tbh - just checked and it appears he parked in Robert Boby Way, parking fees do apply in that area, however if he did indeed park in a disabled spot then there probably wouldnt be a meter.

Either way, the main point that I am making is that he needed to hang around to get his car back to the base in the morning, otherwise he would have had a double trip to get back to the base, only to repeat the journey into the town again in the morning to pick it up. Quite a lot of hassle/cost (double taxi journeys etc), with the added bonus of a fine/clamping looming in the background.

Assuming he was going back to base at all that weekend?

Yes, however the phone did seem to follow the bin lorries movements.

The rubbish was then manually sorted and no phone found. I would assume that even if a lowly paid refuse worker had found the phone and sold it on etc, then given the gravity of the situation they would have come clean by now.

So, given the above and the fact there is nothing to suggest that he was parted from his phone, my take on it is that both Corrie and his phone were in that bin lorry, but he exited it during the trip back to the depot. (He could have jumped out when it was stationary at a junction/lights being one possible scenario)

You need to visit the parking lot discussion, but all this was clarified and is pretty much impossible, and also pointless from corries point of view (as there were other pickups)

Assuming he was going back to base at all that weekend?
I dont know of anything that suggests otherwise. Plus he had left his dog in his room, if he was not going back then I would imagine he would have arranged for someone to look after it?

Do we know if the police have questioned those residents in there yet?

Absolutely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yes he could have, from a planning perspective- those doors were erected and had planning permission in 2003, not from 26 brentgovel, but 28 a whole different corner building.

Is it possible that the phone was just missed? I'm picturing a phone falling into the fold where a piece of cardboard has been folded up? Maybe someone who knows more about refuse collection than me can correct me!

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
I think they are used to foreign objects being hidden in amongst the 'good' recyclable waste, hence the reason they manually sort through it. I believe that if things like metal make it through then they can bugger up the machinery.

Edit: Also they sift through it as they pay for the weight of the good stuff, dont want lumps of steel skewing the figures etc

yes he could have, from a planning perspective- those doors were erected and had planning permission in 2003, not from 26 brentgovel, but 28 a whole different corner building.

Has this building been searched?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members