UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure this has been covered off in one of the previous threads when the extra CCTV stills were put out, but what was the explanation for the possibly person-sized object in the background of the 3.56am cyclist image?

https://www.suffolk.police.uk/sites/suffolk/files/page/gallery/corriecctvimage10.jpg

I'm looking top left of the image, between the black signpost support and the lamp post. When you zoom in, it doesn't half look like a fair-headed chap wearing a pink shirt and white trousers walking down towards the roundabout...

I've had a snoop on Google Street View and can't see any street furniture that it could be, with the proviso of course that the images on there aren't up to date.

Can't be I guess, otherwise we'd have additional definitive CCTV footage of him.

Having looked at this again, I agree with you, Trefrew, and almost certainly with TTWO in his reply. Certainly the timing and direction add up, and it is difficult to make out the gender of the individuals. I'm happy to accept that my "squaring-up" interpretation isn't correct.

I'm sure this has been covered off in one of the previous threads when the extra CCTV stills were put out, but what was the explanation for the possibly person-sized object in the background of the 3.56am cyclist image?

https://www.suffolk.police.uk/sites/suffolk/files/page/gallery/corriecctvimage10.jpg

I'm looking top left of the image, between the black signpost support and the lamp post. When you zoom in, it doesn't half look like a fair-headed chap wearing a pink shirt and white trousers walking down towards the roundabout...

I've had a snoop on Google Street View and can't see any street furniture that it could be, with the proviso of course that the images on there aren't up to date.

Can't be I guess, otherwise we'd have additional definitive CCTV footage of him.

I was intrigued by your post. I decided to zoom in on that image on photoshop and it does show up pink colours....

Though i went on Google Street View and it seems that there is a figure-like statue on the roundabout at the end of that road and I am pretty sure what you are seeing is this statue.

Actually I am certain - as I zoomed in on the statue and it is in fact pink in colour also.

My theory: Corrie was hanging around hoping to sober up so he could drive his car back in the morning. He hopped into cardboard bin for a few hours kip then accidentally got tipped into refuse truck.

Perhaps someone might know if it's physically possible to survive being put in one of these truck models?

I know some of them have mechanical churning/sorting, meaning a gruesome scene with ample DNA evidence.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/ne...s-in-facebook-qa-over-missing-raf-gunner-son/

His mum said and quote -

She told the BBC: “I can honestly say hand on heart if he was gay he would be the most fabulously gay man walking.

“He would tell anyone. He’s extremely confident in his own sexuality. He classes himself as not gay.
“Is he attractive to other men? Yes. Does he like that attention? Yes, but he is not gay.”
arent you only classed as gay if you go with men and not women? all that i have read and seen clearly seems to indicate that he is bisexual. there is information informing us of his sexual habits or "likes"

For me. I more or less 100% believe that he was simply going for a pee. He's been drinking and woken up after sleeping for 2 hours. He would surely need a pee at this point. Getting up from the Hughes Store and choosing a place to go and have a pee.....this horseshoe area looks the most secluded spot near by.

He maybe jogs there because he's desperate for a pee, or so that he had extra time to have his pee before anyone could come down the path which he came.

He also looks in both directions right before going out of view.

On top of this - if you look at the angle he is walking as he goes off camera and look at Google Street View, the angle he is walking at suggests he is walking directly into the corner where the bike racks are, behind the tree. This would also be the most likely spot I'd have a cheeky pee.

This is a really strong point and I tend to agree : there is a strong chance he's just going there to pee. At least, initially.

I work on the frontline in London and I was on a night shift last night. My crewmate and I were sent to a very inebriated young man who was wandering the streets. He kept throwing his phone towards me and also onto the street and trying to walk away from it. Clearly, he needed his phone, but in his drunken state, he wasn't thinking straight.

It made me wonder if the phone anomaly in this Corrie case can be explained quite easily. Maybe he just threw it away because he wasn't thinking straight.

I think I've done all the research I can for now, and I'll try to avoid this thread until new evidence comes about.....

But I'm pretty happy with that he walked/jogged down the horseshoe area to have a piss.....

He cannot have got into a disturbance with somebody as people would have heard - what are people going to do with a dead body in a town centre surrounded by CCTV. Doesn't make sense to me. He can't have walked home if not caught on CCTV and doesn't make sense to walk 3 hours home in the pitch black leaving his car behind. You cannot walk anywhere in pitch black.

I'm always coming back to the ideas he HAS either:

Slept in a bin that has been collected and him and the rubbish incinerated. (Not the one that's been investigated, but the many others in that area).

or

Got picked up by someone (likely a hook-up) and murdered. There are many signals to suggest he is bi-sexual/Gay. Wanted to be a hairdresser, has a photo of men's bums on Facebook, sings musical soundtracks, outgoing and wanting to be the centre of attention, his dress sense. I understand these things don't mean he IS attracted to men, but they all add up and make you question if he is. If he was your hairdresser, cutting your hair whilst wearing a pink shirt and being bubbly and singing musical soundtracks - your Gaydar would be alerted.

These are the only 2 that STILL really make any sense to me. I cannot think up any other theories and the other theories I have heard don't add up, or seem pretty unlikely.

Regarding the BIB, with respect those are all generalisations and hence don't prove anything. I've never wanted to be a hairdresser, I've never been a fan of musicals and I'm pretty shy. However, I do find other men attractive. :D

I'm pretty convinced of the hook up theory myself, but as the above are all generalisations and his mum has insisted he's not gay and wouldn't have had a problem admitting he's gay, we can't really jump to conclusions.

Regarding the BIB, with respect those are all generalisations and hence don't prove anything. I've never wanted to be a hairdresser, I've never been a fan of musicals and I'm pretty shy. However, I do find other men attractive. :D

I'm pretty convinced of the hook up theory myself, but as the above are all generalisations and his mum has insisted he's not gay and wouldn't have had a problem admitting he's gay, we can't really jump to conclusions.

Paul, can I ask you if you have ever used grinder? If so, does it work the same as tinder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corrie's 'social hand grenade' personality could have annoyed or upset any number of people that night. Not everyone feels comfortable with that kind of overbearing friendliness. Someone in the night club could have taken offence at him trying to inject himself into their social circle. He might have said the wrong thing to someone in the street earlier in the evening, or in the takeaway.

The likelihood of someone specifically hanging around until 3.20am to 'take him down a peg or two' is slim, but there could be a scenario where he coincidentally bumps in to someone who had annoyed earlier in the club, who had left Flex at closing time.
i feel that this scenaroio actually sounds the most plausible. <modsnip> i have worked in pubs and seen this being the reason for someone getting a battering. the sort of guys who on their own sober, are lovely to be with but when the drink is in the wit is out. whenever i startted finding out more about corrie i thought this is exactly the criteria he fitted.

I was intrigued by your post. I decided to zoom in on that image on photoshop and it does show up pink colours....

Though i went on Google Street View and it seems that there is a figure-like statue on the roundabout at the end of that road and I am pretty sure what you are seeing is this statue.

Actually I am certain - as I zoomed in on the statue and it is in fact pink in colour also.

I am 98% certain you are right, db09striker, but I am 2% thinking there is a strange trick of perspective going on if that is the case. The figure in the CCTV isn't surrounded by a mound of shrubs in the middle of the roundabout like the statue (and what a odd statue that is!).

Due to the slight curvature of the road and the positioning of the CCTV camera, I'm not entirely sure that statue can even be seen. I think it would be obscured on the left.

The mound of shrubs to the right of the CCTV figure is the one on the right hand side of the road as you look on Street View, not in the centre of the roundabout. Look at the proximity of the pavement's shadow on the right.

To that 2% of me, the CCTV figure is still walking towards the roundabout and is walking up the right-hand carriageway, making a beeline for the right turn on to Parkway - which ultimately and theoretically would take Corrie broadly in the right direction for home of course.

Well, I'm at a loss ! As the saying goes "I know nothing".

But the vehicles (all) are of interest to me as "breaking" how the phone moved at 0420 to Barton and was there at 0448 is confusing.

It starts it's travels 55 mins after Corrie entered the horseshoe area.

Logic says "it must be in the bin" and it may well have been, but then again there are other possibilities.
But crucially therefore, what moved from that area at 0420, other than the bin lorry ?
- is its possible that corrie did get into a car and his phone has just died on him? maybe he went with someone to the dogging sites? maybe there he got into a disagreement and there was a fight in the forest? it is then not too hard to imagine how easy it would be to dump a body.

Welcome watson. N spoke at some colleges I think so we are prob looking at 16-18 yr olds.

i am sure i read about a college somewhere - apparently the raf guys were there drinking? maybe its older students there rather than such young teenagers. i could be wrong but some of the friends were drinking with girls from a local college. i dont suppose they were at raf honington drinking so have to assume the lads were with the girls. <modsnip> i think there is more to the story about him accidentally being left behind. to me it looks more like they went and left him because they had enough of him for that day. sad that its ended up like this

Perhaps someone might know if it's physically possible to survive being put in one of these truck models?

I know some of them have mechanical churning/sorting, meaning a gruesome scene with ample DNA evidence.
There have been loads of instances of this happening. Some get killed, some get injured and some walk away relatively unharmed.

57b4f47847af35221f3689fbb88974cd.jpg

c63b649aa335b1fed83b35b3c7aa4e91.jpg

My theory: Corrie was hanging around hoping to sober up so he could drive his car back in the morning. He hopped into cardboard bin for a few hours kip then accidentally got tipped into refuse truck. During trucks journey back to the depot he has somehow exited it. Possibly disorientated/injured/concused he has wandered into the forrest/river and perished.

Paul, can I ask you if you have ever used grinder? If so, does it work the same as tinder?

I've used it, but it doesn't work like Tinder in that you don't swipe left or right. It just shows you people who are near you in order of their proximity to you. It's a bit freaky when you see someone who's only a few yards away.

I got rid of it because it's not a good way of finding dates. It's only really used for one thing... I'm sure I don't need to spell it out.

I'm gay, I have used Grindr in the past.
There's none of the swiping one way or another depending if you like or don't like ....
You see a list of pics of guys in the neighbourhood, ranked in order of distance, click on who you like the look of, send them a message .... the rest is fairly obvious I guess

There were a lot of things in the press conference that have been picked up on, and Nicola agrees (with a lot of errs) that Corrie had walked 'that route' back to base. There was the emphasis on 'beyond happy'. And for me, not really knowing Corrie's job. There's a difference between not being able to give details of a job because of security (I've been in that position) and not even knowing which trade of the RAF Corrie's in (ie not 'regimental' gunners).

Yes it was watching the press conference that made me really start to think about what his family is trying to portray here. I genuinely think they just wanted us and the police and media to not question his actions too much and to concentrate on helping them look for him. I think they're struggling to understand that making him out to be acting normal when maybe he wasn't does nothing but hinder the process long-term.

Saying that, I also really feel for them because certain buildings in that area have not been searched and they should be. He could be lay right there. He probably is.

I've used it, but it doesn't work like Tinder in that you don't swipe left or right. It just shows you people who are near you in order of their proximity to you. It's a bit freaky when you see someone who's only a few yards away.

I got rid of it because it's not a good way of finding dates. It's only really used for one thing... I'm sure I don't need to spell it out.

Absolutely, it's not really about dates, it's mainly used for hook-ups

Thanks for the insight guys! Be interesting to know if most people move their conversations on grinder to watsapp etc after a few messages

Does anyone recall there being information available about whether people (e.g. Corrie's friends/family) tried to contact him that night/morning but were unable to get through? Or he was seen to have 'read' their messages (e.g. via Facebook, Whatsapp); or hadn't read, or responded, or answered his phone when expected to?
- i have bumped this because i believe what happened to corrie is closer to home than people realise. young people do text each other obsessively and you arent goint to tell me nobody tried to contact corrie at all? if he was known for vanishing all weekend, then why did his boss report him missing? whats the difference between a weekend with a guy or girl or an extra morning with one he really liked? being awol for a day would not have created much of a punishment? i do not think corrie "vanished" to the extent that his friends are saying. see what i mean though? you cant have it both ways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli