UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the ping in Barton Mills has a radius of approx 4 miles how did LE precisely know that the mobile phone was close to the rubbish lorry at the time it pinged. The rubbish lorry might be a complete red herring, the phone pings could of come from a completely different vehicle.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

0400: Bin lorry enters SB.
0405: Bin lorry driver fills in collection paperwork.
0410: Bins lorry driver starts collection procedure of ONE BIN with 11kgs of material in it.
0415: Bin man starts collection procedure.
0420: Bin man finishes collection procedure in SB. Three teenagers seen at the rear of Cornwalk Shopping Centre by bin man.
0425: Bin man finishes collection procedure.

I hadn't appreciated the juxtaposition of the teenagers being nearby at the same time as the bin operation was going on. The questions would be:
a) whether they would have the opportunity to throw something into the lorry as it was either stationary or as it drove past them, and:
b) whether they were picked up by CCTV at any point either side of being seen by the driver and if not, how?

If the ping in Barton Mills has a radius of approx 4 miles how did LE precisely know that the mobile phone was close to the rubbish lorry at the time it pinged. The rubbish lorry might be a complete red herring, the phone pings could of come from a completely different vehicle.

It would have pinged more than once hence the belief the phone followed the route of the lorry.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Hi guys, been on here as a guest, first post but read most of the posts on all the different threads so far.... I have a few points that I want to get off my chest but one question first that I don't know if it has been asked/answered yet (apologies if it has) ok .. the police know he sent a text message at 3.08 because the phone provider can provide this information and the person who received it came forward. I used to work for a phone company and I know we could see a list of who people had called, when , length and cost of call, how many texts they had sent, and when they had used mobile data, but does anyone know if u send messages on whatsapp or another messaging service if this shows up or would you need the phone ? I'm asking because I know if I was on a night out then ended up out the club for whatever reason my only 2 thoughts would be food and home .. ok corrie does the first then he sits / sleeps in a door (his mum says this is normal so ok no problem) . The things that bother me are - apparently the guy in the kebab shop offers him a lift and he says no - only reason I would do that would be if I had arranged to meet someone.
2: when he wakes up in the door way and sends that picture he doesn't get up and go he hangs about there till almost half past. The time he leaves from the door suggests time for a pee then a meeting for 3:30( which would be his pre arranged meeting time because he wouldn't know before hand he was going to get kicked out the club). Those 2 things make it impossible (almost) for me to believe he didn't have plans. I have a loose theory for after that but that's plenty rambling for a first post . D
Hello and welcome, more qualified than me will explain the phone. I agree with the rest of your post, have same thoughts higher up the thread.

So he could have been in contact with someone that we wouldn't know about. I think he has got into a car willingly further down the road after having a pee and missed the camera when it wasn't pointing that way. I think they have sat in the car for a bit chatting ( explains the phone being in the area until 4 but doesn't explain no one seeing them). They have then decided to drive off somewhere that went roughly the same direction as the bin lorry. It's quite hard to translate your thoughts perfectly on here but that's the gist ..

Do we know if lorry's are tracked by GPS or were the police just basing it's whereabouts by schedule? Also did the driver have a cell phone and can it be matched with Corries tower hits?

So he could have been in contact with someone that we wouldn't know about. I think he has got into a car willingly further down the road after having a pee and missed the camera when it wasn't pointing that way. I think they have sat in the car for a bit chatting ( explains the phone being in the area until 4 but doesn't explain no one seeing them). They have then decided to drive off somewhere that went roughly the same direction as the bin lorry. It's quite hard to translate your thoughts perfectly on here but that's the gist ..

Not by whatsapp (as the details are recorded by whatsapp)
Not by phone (as the details are recorded on a call log)
Not by text (as the details are recorded on a call log)

That leaves "an app" (and that maybe available from the service).

EDIT....
Just before anyone writes "whatsapp is encrypted". It is indeed, but that is "the message" and NOT who sent what to whom. Whatsapp will freely provide such data to Law Enforcement and indeed have done in the past.

I'm intrigued by the doorway where he 'slept'. I've looked over some earlier posts and they suggested, if I'm not wrong, that the doorway was by the grapes with free wifi? I'm still undecided on the theory i'm going down, but this tinder etc keeps coming back to me. Have the police traced his internet history regarding possible wifi connections? Is it possible? Also, from what ive read, I believe he's been local for 3 years...So he should have a good local knowledge of BSE. So, the last cctv seems a bit odd, just a slight jog down the side of the building and then almost spotting something and walking across. Why? He could have just wandered more across towards the corner and round. Why look so careful everywhere when he paused to cross towards bins. Almost trying to evade cctv to start with. Could have just been having a tiddle, but seems a bit odd because he must know its a loading area being such a well used thoroughfare through town. So many questions...<br>I apologise if ive repeated other posts but just had to get this out there. Hope they find something soon.

15c27b50d0c2ef038219fe79ca0866f6.jpg

Call me Young Sherlock if you will.....but I would say that that's a fairly mahoooosive wifi footprint for a pub to have? I may even call turtle feaces on that one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is a speculative timetable. It's designed to flesh out the moments before Corrie's disappearance.
There are still timings that are contentious and still areas up for debate. On the whole though it's fairly firm. If it has a link then it's nearly a 'given' that it happened. If no link is listed against a time, please respond with the 'time and a link' to make it easier for me. TIA

Bravo for doing this. It's great.

Greater than - can you roll this over when you start your next thread please so it's at the start of new threads and more accessible - new members joining every day ? OR even better just start a new thread for resources etc?

That's another thing isn't it. If he was in bin lorry with his and hopped out along the way to walk the rest of the way back. You would expect him to have some sort of activity on his phone rather than just a ping. We know that his phone died at 8am so he had enough charge to keep him company along the journey until he met with an incident. He never used his phone after 3.08 so even when he arrived at horseshoe area at 3.24 and whatever he was jogging for appeared to not be there, he never contacted anyone which would make me feel that something happened very quickly once he turned in to this area - bringing me back to 4 minute man.

Also, I wonder what he did between 3.08 - 3.20ish when he headed off to horseshoe, not using his phone sat in that doorway. Seems quite a while to be just sat there not doing anything at all with your phone

Not by whatsapp (as the details are recorded by whatsapp)
Not by phone (as the details are recorded on a call log)
Not by text (as the details are recorded on a call log)

That leaves "an app" (and that maybe available from the service).

EDIT....
Just before anyone writes "whatsapp is encrypted". It is indeed, but that is "the message" and NOT who sent what to whom. Whatsapp will freely provide such data to Law Enforcement and indeed have done in the past.

There is also the possibility that he spoke to someone in person during the and made an arrangement to meet later on or there was no wait as such, he feel asleep and then bumped into someone in the horseshoe and arranged a lift. Electronic communication doesn't need to be involved.

JMO

I just wanted to pop on and wish you all a very happy new year sadly I haven't got anything to add I'm just sat back watching the experts :) but still here all the best X

I'm with JamesKing with the 55 minute window needs explaining. Not seen on CCTV or by any people including the bin lorry man who would have walked right to the bins where Corrie was last seen.

The other thing is the 28 minute phone journey. How everything about this has been described is if there was a single ping/mast hit in BSE and 28 minutes later another at the fiveways roundabout. I think there is much more information/detail inbetween to this that isn't being disclosed. One thing I mentioned before is the WiFi data. The other is there are a few other masts as you leave BSE along the A1101.

15c27b50d0c2ef038219fe79ca0866f6.jpg

Call me Young Sherlock if you will.....but I would say that that's a fairly mahoooosive wifi footprint for a pub to have? I may even call turtle feaces on that one?

I agree, the using of the pub wifi is a big stretch for me too

That's another thing isn't it. If he was in bin lorry with his and hopped out along the way to walk the rest of the way back. You would expect him to have some sort of activity on his phone rather than just a ping. We know that his phone died at 8am so he had enough charge to keep him company along the journey until he met with an incident. He never used his phone after 3.08 so even when he arrived at horseshoe area at 3.24 and whatever he was jogging for appeared to not be there, he never contacted anyone which would make me feel that something happened very quickly once he turned in to this area - bringing me back to 4 minute man.

Also, I wonder what he did between 3.08 - 3.20ish when he headed off to horseshoe, not using his phone sat in that doorway. Seems quite a while to be just sat there not doing anything at all with your phone

BBM - I don't think anyone has said he wasn't using his phone only that the last message was at 3.08, my bet would be that he was checking apps/social media. I think we all know what a time thief a quick facebook check can be

I just wanted to pop on and wish you all a very happy new year sadly I haven't got anything to add I'm just sat back watching the experts :) but still here all the best X
To you too. Wishing you good health and happiness. Always lovely to see you on here.

It would have pinged more than once hence the belief the phone followed the route of the lorry.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
Yeah of course, but I can also imagine that the bin guys are visiting business premises only... being the type of bins they would be emptying , so I'd assume they'd take to the main roads and they would possibly be going the same route as if someone would leave BSE, the main A roads... it could be coincidence. From the start the bin thing is an obvious choice, I thought the same as everyone else... but if LE is adamant that is a blind alley perhaps it's just coincidence, why even LE mention it? ... I got visions now of Corrie doing a Micheal J Fox with a skateboard, hanging off the back of the lorry 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members