UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure that the '0335 man' is clad head to foot in dark clothing. All I've done is lightened the image NOT enhanced any features. I'm not saying this IS Corrie but if you look closely it's similar IMHO. Look at the shirt tails, the shirt sleeves rolled up, the baggy chino style trousers, the way they crease, the tonal differences in both images, the stance....
<modsnip>
images snipped.
<modsnip> is interesting as is the comparison with the "low-riders" and the edges of the shirt tails too.^ We all see diff things in these. I see a hoodie but totally accept that it could be spurious.
3.35PersonDarkClothingCornhillWalk.jpg

whilst waiting for this ITV thing I'm having a mooch round thread 10 which has many useful & interesting posts so here's hoping that the broadcast will equally informative.

I'm not sure if an interactive map of mobile (cell) phone masts has been posted, but I found one which is quite cool: https://fusiontables.google.com/DataSource?docid=1N4nf1AmXFDk-lbh9Y54jh2FwyudbX3O8-aVlzwZJ#map:id=3

Unforutnately, I wasn't able to link directly to the BSE area, but as it is based on Google Maps it's relatively easy to locate. The police said the phone was triangulated to the Micro Mass area next to / near the Barton Mills area. However, as you will see, there are a great many masts in that area.

My questions are:
- What causes a phone to ping a mast?
- Does a phone changing 'cells' cause the phone to ping? (A cell is considered a literal cell, like a honeycomb type configuration, hence where Cellnet - one of the UK's first mobile providers got its name)
- Was the phone picked up by any other masts thorughout the entire timeframe, corroborating CM's phone's movements?
- How is the data triangulated?
- Who can answer these questions?

Thoughts?

Adam.
On the triangulation I think they use two masts and the phone so based on your post that would be the micro mast (kings forest?) and the bse mast and the phone. Am guessing only.

Am just posting this again as some of you are still asking for vid of running man.

Thanks for re-posting that. See what you mean re Greenwood's camera - yes " how easily hughes doorway could be seen from greenwoods cam. " Agreed.
Got another look at running white guy too - POD viewings in BSE- who must have now identified/eliminated himself.

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2016-11-24/cctv-images-of-individuals-seen-on-morning-corrie-disappeared-go-on-show-to-public/

On recent above posts....

-Surely they have experts in indentifying people on CCTV, surely they'd have at least suggested that could be Corrie if they were unsure or an an inkling?

-I assume his Mother has hope that Corrie is still alive as she wants to keep people interested. People get more involved in helping find him if there is still hope he's alive. She kinds of has to has as much belief he is alive for her own sanity too.

But then again she may come out and say something that is good reasoning for Corrie being alive - but I doubt it.

-If the Police are interested to know if anyone was around Tesco and Canon Street - then I guess that means they think it is possible to get out of that Horse-shoe area without being seen, possibly on foot?..... but surely if he's gone to Tesco then he's gone in a car.

If he's walked home - he wouldn't be able to see a thing. May have walked into one of those ditches that run along one or two of the roads around there. But you would think a grown man in the army would be able to get himself out of there and not die in a ditch.

To those saying the Cannon Street route is the best route home - how? - I don't see it. The closest main road to Honnington is a duel Carriageway - you can't walk down there. Though maybe he did and got ran over.....

Also that dual carriageway is the only clear road back to Honnington there.....the rest is countryside, and country lanes.

Best route back I see is - continue down the horseshoe towards Mustow Street and onto Eastgate Street....

But I thinking walking home is out of the question anyway.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but what time is the running man cctv captured? First time I've seen that. Quite worrying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but what time is the running man cctv captured? First time I've seen that. Quite worrying.

Running man in no longer one of the unidentified people.

My questions are:
- What causes a phone to ping a mast?
- Does a phone changing 'cells' cause the phone to ping? (A cell is considered a literal cell, like a honeycomb type configuration, hence where Cellnet - one of the UK's first mobile providers got its name)
- Was the phone picked up by any other masts thorughout the entire timeframe, corroborating CM's phone's movements?
- How is the data triangulated?
- Who can answer these questions?

Thoughts?

Adam.

First post so hopefully I do this right.

I've been wondering this too. I found this website interesting reading around the general usage of pings to trace location:
Searchengineland.com/cell-phone-triangulation-accuracy-is-all-over-the-map-14790/

To quote: "...since we know the locations of the cell towers which receive the phone’s signal, and we can estimate the distance of the phone from each of those antennae towers, based upon the lag time between when the tower sends a ping to the phone and receives the answering ping back."

From what I've read, a phone would ping a tower when it either- sends a signal ie a phone call or text, send data, or moves to a new cell.

Nicola confirmed on This Morning the mast it pinged is the micro mast at Barton Mills five ways roundabout.

First post so hopefully I do this right.

I've been wondering this too. I found this website interesting reading around the general usage of pings to trace location:
Searchengineland.com/cell-phone-triangulation-accuracy-is-all-over-the-map-14790/

To quote: "...since we know the locations of the cell towers which receive the phone&#8217;s signal, and we can estimate the distance of the phone from each of those antennae towers, based upon the lag time between when the tower sends a ping to the phone and receives the answering ping back."

From what I've read, a phone would ping a tower when it either- sends a signal ie a phone call or text, send data, or moves to a new cell.

BIB That is what I have read elsewhere too.

Has anyone else noticed the mentioning of Cannon Street here? The others make sense to me, but I'm unsure of Cannon Street's significance, have I missed something? x
attachment.php

Source - findcorrie website x

7c0e8430ce154676fd0d6d17b33c75a6.jpg

Cannon Street is a one way street as is most of the others. In order to egress the 'Horseshoe' towards Tescos roundabout, Cannon Street offers the quickest route. The vehicle would be travelling the wrong way however along Cannon Street.
It was suggested (and confirmed?) that a witness saw a vehicle travelling the wrong way up a one way street in earlier Threads. The links I don't have but its in here some where because I posted suggestions to them. It could have or could not have been this street.

The legal route is in orange. The illegal route towards the roundabout is in red. CCTV cameras in blue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure of two things that have been brought up a lot over the last few pages:

It was never said that the footage of Corrie in the doorway is distressing. It's a myth that managed to grow legs.

There is a much clearer version of the still of the person people think might be Corrie, and it's a woman with a rucksack.

ff298c6bc76ef20ba50b862d7e3184a4.jpg

Nope, this is the still of the person that people 'think' is the 'woman with a rucksack'.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

man bun/dreads tied back/bandana :fence:

Midsummers - presume plenty of cameras on Cannon Street anyway.

Running man in no longer one of the unidentified people.
That's correct. The time he ran thru was 03.40 I believe. Its still interesting for several reasons. He doesn't appear to notice anything in bin area and the scope of the cam is shown as it zooms in a bit late and follows him. We don't know if the zooming was auto or manual operator. In fact, it just occurred to me we don't know if any of the id people have seen anything at all do we? Except bin man seeing teenagers and thinking he saw C but it not being C. I wonder why we have that info but no other?

I wonder if they ever id'd the other person who appears in the running man video, just as the camera is about to move 1.44 - top left light bracket.

Are we allowed to discuss this morning on here or will there be another thread like the FB one?

I wonder if they ever id'd the other person who appears in the running man video, just as the camera is about to move 1.44 - top left light bracket.
You mean legs? I think they have, as no longer in latest footage but again we have not been told specifically what or if they have seen anything. I guess we won't hear either until/unless C is located IMO.

Are we allowed to discuss this morning on here or will there be another thread like the FB one?

Yes rocket we will be able to because it is a MSM source. We are all waiting with baited breath....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member