UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem at all. My fingers hurt now! But it's worth it as hopefully people can check this for info. xx <3

Definately thank you, it's really helpful. I think we defo need to consider a resources thread. Then we could refer to post numbers as resources get asked to be reposted a lot

Interesting. I'm unsure if the phone would not ping around honington though if it went that way.

I'm terrible with pings but believe it was timing coincidences that link the phone and lorry (and the timings indicating the phone travelled in a vehicle as it travelled too quickly for a walking person)

Thanks dcflag - I&#8217;m thinking that perhaps the phone never went out of the Bury St Edmunds zone before CM was dropped off - he could have been left at the very edge of town - and then the car turned towards the Barton Mills direction and caught the bin lorry up again.

It would all depend on what time a vehicle does leave the horseshoe/Short Backland in relation to the bin lorry. But perhaps there is potential for a cat and mouse situation where the car deviates slightly from the bin lorry&#8217;s route to drop CM off on the edge of BSE, then catches it back up again.

A possible catch, which I&#8217;ve just realised, is that presumably the car driver would have to be stopping for good within the Barton Mills phone mast zone because CM&#8217;s phone doesn&#8217;t leave there again before it runs out of juice?

DC flag:

I agree. My point is nothing can be discounted. I don't claim to know Corrie personally and I am certainly not suggesting he used drugs. But equally I don't think people should be so quick to assume it never happens.

Agreed. The people I'm referring to are still quite young and definitely reckless. But then again they've no kids, no responsibilities. Not that I condone drug use in the armed forces or course.

Thanks dcflag - I’m thinking that perhaps the phone never went out of the Bury St Edmunds zone before CM was dropped off - he could have been left at the very edge of town - and then the car turned towards the Barton Mills direction and caught the bin lorry up again.

It would all depend on what time a vehicle does leave the horseshoe/Short Backland in relation to the bin lorry. But perhaps there is potential for a cat and mouse situation where the car deviates slightly from the bin lorry’s route to drop CM off on the edge of BSE, then catches it back up again.

A possible catch, which I’ve just realised, is that presumably the car driver would have to be stopping for good within the Barton Mills phone mast zone because CM’s phone doesn’t leave there again before it runs out of juice?

Interesting also, perhaps a certain usaf in mildenhall whose taxi isn't overly deviated by dropping someone closer to honington. Still a walk for Corrie but not as far. Although it would mean the taxi or the vehicle driver in question lives in or near bm (perhaps a designated driver?)

It's most likely possible, we'd have to look at where other masts are and their sizes I guess. Although that's still assuming he's leaving his car and going home.

Perhaps he saved enough money for a takeaway, he was seen on CCTV in the takeaway with his own wallet, and blagged as many drinks as he could when he ran out of the money earmarked for booze, as he didn't want to dip into food money xx

It certainly looks like he couldn't really afford to go out that night but opted to go anyway. His mum said on the Q&A that he was 'skint', a week before pay day etc. If he sat in his car drinking, this would have saved him some £. The near hour long call to his brother, I just wonder if he could have asked him to sub some money as if he did this online banking, Corrie could have then accessed it at an ATM. He obviously kept enough £ for food at the end of the night, possibly choosing the take away over a taxi. I wonder too about why he was asked to leave Flex, only a short time after he was allowed in. Perhaps he was going around asking people to play the rock, paper scissors game with him being a bit of a pest. Were his friends with him in the club? I read somewhere that after Corrie was asked to leave the club, he had a conversation with the doorman outside?

Does anyone else get the feeling that there is progress being made behind the scenes? Everything has gone eerily quiet in terms of updates from the family etc ? x

Thanks Lusijay for all your work on Q&A with N. I respectfully snipped this from you.

*User asks about bouncers asking Corrie to leave?*

"I struggled with it myself as well. If he is not causing a problem then and he's never done so before, why would they ask him to leave? But I go with fact they're decent and could see he had too much to drink and they were concerned and could see what he couldn&#8217;t. Maybe he was annoying people and was asked to leave for his safety? They would have to answer that."

I don't get the actions of the bouncer either. If they knew him, and he was just being annoying, why not try sitting him in a chair and filling full of coffee and soft drinks if he would go along. Maybe they tried that. But kicking a drunk out of your bar you already let in, to fend for himself, is not being concerned for him. As a former bartender and manager in several places in the USA, I have to say i would have put him on coffee and enlisted his friends for help. Maybe he was more out of control than they want to say, but we heard of only a friendly yet unsteady drunk in the cctv. He entered drunk and he should have either been denied, or told he can come in only if he does not drink.

For a service man too. I would have passed the hat and bought him a cab home.

Does anyone else get the feeling that there is progress being made behind the scenes? Everything has gone eerily quiet in terms of updates from the family etc ? x

I hope so

Thanks Lusijay for all your work on Q&A with N. I respectfully snipped this from you.

*User asks about bouncers asking Corrie to leave?*

"I struggled with it myself as well. If he is not causing a problem then and he's never done so before, why would they ask him to leave? But I go with fact they're decent and could see he had too much to drink and they were concerned and could see what he couldn&#8217;t. Maybe he was annoying people and was asked to leave for his safety? They would have to answer that."

I don't get the actions of the bouncer either. If they knew him, and he was just being annoying, why not try sitting him in a chair and filling full of coffee and soft drinks if he would go along. Maybe they tried that. But kicking a drunk out of your bar you already let in, to fend for himself, is not being concerned for him. As a former bartender and manager in several places in the USA, I have to say i would have put him on coffee and enlisted his friends for help. Maybe he was more out of control than they want to say, but we heard of only a friendly yet unsteady drunk in the cctv. He entered drunk and he should have either been denied, or told he can come in only if he does not drink.

For a service man too. I would have passed the hat and bought him a cab home.

No problem, snip away! I agree with you, my partner is a bouncer, and I lived above the club he worked at (it's how we met, aww :) ), and so I would stand on the doors with him at the weekend to keep him company, or help out if I could (ambulance calling, calming people down, giving coffee, getting food for people, etc), and he never ever kicked someone out for being too drunk if they weren't causing a problem, so C must have done something that we're not being told about, or, and this is the only reason my partner says he would through out someone who hadn't done anything wrong, he was being protected from something. Maybe the doormen had seen something was going to unfold and so they moved him away for his own good. It could be that the person he was being moved away from, later caught up with him in the horseshoe :( hmmmm

xx

No problem, snip away! I agree with you, my partner is a bouncer, and I lived above the club he worked at (it's how we met, aww :) ), and so I would stand on the doors with him at the weekend to keep him company, or help out if I could (ambulance calling, calming people down, giving coffee, getting food for people, etc), and he never ever kicked someone out for being too drunk if they weren't causing a problem, so C must have done something that we're not being told about, or, and this is the only reason my partner says he would through out someone who hadn't done anything wrong, he was being protected from something. Maybe the doormen had seen something was going to unfold and so they moved him away for his own good. It could be that the person he was being moved away from, later caught up with him in the horseshoe :( hmmmm

xx

If the bouncers are familiar with CM, which certainly sounds to be the case, they might have plenty of experience of how he can successfully or unsuccessfully mix with other people in the club.

His larger than life personality might be well received by some groups in the club but it could just as easily alienate others. Perhaps they thought he looked pretty upbeat and happy on that particular night, so decided to let him go.

Certainly I can remember characters with possibly similar traits from when I was a club goer - I think my hackles would be raised by an over-friendly stranger who I might think is showing predatory behaviour towards females in the group I was part of (unless the females reciprocated the attention the person was showing them!).

Its all conjecture, but perhaps CM said he was meeting his friends inside, and that helped to pave his way into the club. But he then couldn&#8217;t locate him in the club and that prompted him to go from group to group in search of some kindred spirits.

The bouncers realised it was a mistake to let him in, and had a friendly word.

PP

Murder without a body, is what was pushed for...as there is more cash available (and prob "authority").

MS

Who knows what happened. He pinged on someones "radar" is a good as any scenario.

Me... I don't know.
Did he wait to "crash" on a sofa at a mates pad ?
Did he pre arrange a meeting ?
Did he just fall asleep in a doorway ?

Who knows
I don't.

94ca8db704323baf267bc08774519e75.jpg
15563d265c81f6b25d57c7b55d158e70.jpg
8ff8f1c086ae61195b80794b7bd5ee75.jpg
095913e2e7f1d984f6fe76f95851b030.jpg

64f2dad200865fb223703f796cfea2e0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
wow this takes ages to load! so im interested inthe map showing the 5km radius - dont we all think that the searching should be done along all the roads that branch off the barton mills roundabout?

Has the phone data actually confirmed that the bin lorry and CM's phone both followed the same route, or only that the bin lorry and the phone end up in the Barton Mills region at very similar times?
Is there the possibility of a faster-moving vehicle such as a car taking a different and longer route but coincidentally ending up in the Barton Mills region with CM’s phone on board?
I’m wondering because if CM had met a stranger with a car in the horseshoe, he might have asked if they were “going his way?”.
If they said they were heading in the Mildenhall direction, he might have asked for a lift to a location that would put him closer to Honington without causing them a massive inconvenience.
Looking at a map, this could have been out near Compiegne Way or the A14 roundabout (where there were earlier reports of possible post-horseshoe sightings) or slightly further north. It would have reduced CM’s walk home by a couple of miles.
His phone could have slipped out of his trouser pocket in the car, which then heads off in its intended destination - which brings it into the Barton Mills region at the correct time.
CM might have then set off for Honington using the most direct route across the fields. Although the farmland has been searched once, the Adrian Lynch case shows how difficult it can be to locate a person across such a vast landscape.
The unknown driver could have any number of possible reasons for not coming forward, none of which have anything to do with having done anything underhand.
Very good point. I have posted before that there is a repeater mast in kings forest mentioned by another poster so this is also a reason the phone could ping somewhere to the north of the A1101 but register on the BM mast perhaps because of triangulation. We must be careful assuming so much from phone pings which could just be misleading IMO.

Interesting also, perhaps a certain usaf in mildenhall whose taxi isn't overly deviated by dropping someone closer to honington. Still a walk for Corrie but not as far. Although it would mean the taxi or the vehicle driver in question lives in or near bm (perhaps a designated driver?)

It's most likely possible, we'd have to look at where other masts are and their sizes I guess. Although that's still assuming he's leaving his car and going home.
- i believe a scenario like this may have happened? how about someone being in the bin area to give people lifts? from one of the bases and a fall out occurs on the way back to one of the usaf bases?

Please find below, the second Q and A session. My fingers hurt! xx I'll also add this to the blog area on my profile in case you ever have trouble finding it. x

Live Q & A with Nicola Urquart, Corrie’s mum -Session 2

Think you'll be needing these after that : :cupcake: :coffeeup: :needdrink:
thankyou, from all the posters

- i believe a scenario like this may have happened? how about someone being in the bin area to give people lifts? from one of the bases and a fall out occurs on the way back to one of the usaf bases?

In that 'lift part of the way home' scenario, it does open up misadventure - eg thanks to the lift he's a bit closer to where he needs to be, so just goes into 'service man' mode and takes the most direct route to Honington. But with nothing to light his way, even a phone light because it is in the car, he gets into trouble in difficult terrain.

Questions, questions...

Something I think is important is the time between 03.08 and 03.24. If he sent a message at 03.08 can it be confirmed 100% that this was his last correspondence on his phone? Can all apps etc be confirmed that they haven't been used in this window when there is no phone to look at?

It's important for me to know what made him get up at that time and head in that direction? Was it pure chance or did he receive a phone notification to alert him? If he did we can assume he was going there to meet someone. Even by viewing the CCTV we may be able to see him react to his phone. Really important to know why he got up when he did IMO.

DC flag:

I agree. My point is nothing can be discounted. I don't claim to know Corrie personally and I am certainly not suggesting he used drugs. But equally I don't think people should be so quick to assume it never happens.

Agree. When I brought this up in the last thread I was not impugning his character, it's just another of many possibilities. Just talking from experience of working with many many young people of his age, many of whom are very sensible and not regular partakers. For many, this is also part of growing up, he's 23 and maybe a young 23 in some respects. However this does not mean I think it happened.

For the family's sake, if this does have a bad end, much prefer trefew's scenario up there ^ which leads to misadventure.

Thanks dcflag - I’m thinking that perhaps the phone never went out of the Bury St Edmunds zone before CM was dropped off - he could have been left at the very edge of town - and then the car turned towards the Barton Mills direction and caught the bin lorry up again.

It would all depend on what time a vehicle does leave the horseshoe/Short Backland in relation to the bin lorry. But perhaps there is potential for a cat and mouse situation where the car deviates slightly from the bin lorry’s route to drop CM off on the edge of BSE, then catches it back up again.

A possible catch, which I’ve just realised, is that presumably the car driver would have to be stopping for good within the Barton Mills phone mast zone because CM’s phone doesn’t leave there again before it runs out of juice?
S'pose we can call that ping pong? Would also explain the King's forest last search IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member