UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But it wasn't a long distance, either, for a fit young man who could have easily covered the distance in under 2 hours and considerably less if he'd treated it as an early morning run.

It's 8 or 9 miles, not 30.

According to Google it takes 3 hours. Fair enough he could possibly do it in 2 if it was daylight and he was sober and walking at a fast pace all the way.

It was pitch black and he was still smashed drunk. He's not going to be running.

<modsnip>

He went out of that area in a vehicle. It's fairly clear. And no - he did not get driven out and walk home, because I don't think it's possible to fall over in a field and die after tripping over a cow poo.

Isn't it just. I've never written off AWOL (where L=Life, not Leave) as an option.

Has your theory about what happened to Corrie changed for this option?
Oh no. He was helped, I have always thought (and hoped) that, by someone he knows. Why doesn't anyone seem to know what he did or who he spent his weekends with? His behaviour this weekend was normal remember, which is why no one missed him or worried about the puppy. That's where the answer is IMHO.

Yeah this is assuming he changed his mind about destination. Might have friends out at Mildenhall or Lakenheath bases which are near Barton Mills which is where lorry was headed. Something like bhit and run or accident may have happened as he was walking there. Never made the destination.

yes good point about CCTV. But maybe if he wasn't supposed to be there, he'd kind of hunkered down or pushed the seat back just in case.

Am I being stupid? How does being taken in the direction of Barton Mills get him closer to Honington, it's not even in the direction of Honington, if anything it takes him further away.

Granted he could have been given a lift to a friends house in that area, but not sure how he's just disappeared if he was going to a friends.

The binman was shown on camera at Waitrose.....not sure how good the CCTV was, but there is possibly a reasonable chance that somewhere within Bury St Edmunds a camera would be able to determine if anyone was in the passenger seat.

One of these 4 vehicles is surely involved, it's only a matter of time until they have enough evidence to do further investigations into those vehicles and their owners. The biggest evidence could be phone pings from their phones.

Still going on the Hook-Up theory.

That's all well and good; I even thought that myself. If it wasn't half three in the morning and he hadn't been drinking.
Just a normal weekend as far as C and family are concerned except he has not returned as usual. So when would he usually go back to base? Saturday? Sunday? We don't know but someone does and this is what MIS will be looking at IMO.

But it wasn't a long distance, either, for a fit young man who could have easily covered the distance in under 2 hours and considerably less if he'd treated it as an early morning run.

It's 8 or 9 miles, not 30.

In jeans and fashion boots after a night on the pop?

Am I being stupid? How does being taken in the direction of Barton Mills get him closer to Honington, it's not even in the direction of Honington, if anything it takes him further away.

I'm assuming the bin lorry went up the A1101, which would appear to be the most direct route to BM. If Corrie got out in the vicinity of Tollgate Bridge, which is almost exactly a mile away from the HS, that is definitely on the way to Honington.

to be honest no not soon, they are back to day one and they will not be working with the police, I don't expect anything ,IMOIMO

Joke! Collar was following on from the dogging/hush puppy/lead comments.

Yep can see that too. Phone falls out into the vehicle, sets off walking to the north, could explain sighting of man in light clothes walking near Hollow Road estate mentioned here.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/witness_..._takeaway_has_been_traced_by_police_1_4749632

and without phone for maps, has to walk near main roads where he he gets clipped by a car and sent into long grass. Of course walking near roads increases chances of also being witnessed by cars. Maybe happened early on in the journey. Just so many scenarios

I can certainly see merit in Gannondorf82's suggestion on page 10, that C cadged a lift from a sympathetic binman.

My latest scenario has C happy to be dropped a mile or so out of town to the north, as it would leave him that much nearer his base, as the bin lorry heads back that way to BM. It would also explain why his leaving BSE on foot hasn't been picked up on CCTV. He gets hit by a vehicle shortly into his homeward walk and his body is now lying undiscovered in a ditch (or has been disposed of elsewhere).

His phone has dropped out of his pocket or has otherwise been left in the cab of the bin lorry. I would probably be breaking the rules if I suggested what has then happened to it - let's just say that there are personal and corporate reasons why no information has been forthcoming on its fate.

What started out as a well-meaning gesture has ended this way because no-one can speak the truth.

Moderators should feel free to remove the paragraph about the phone if they feel it necessary.

After reading the discussion on here about the amount of water in the area & the weather I thought I'd look and found that there was a lot of rain & flooding the week before so there may have been more than normal.

"Rainfall in the Anglia region in the 18 hours to 8pm on Friday 16 September 2016
34 mm at Higham near Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
The average month rainfall for the whole of September in the Anglia region is 54 mm."

Source: http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2016-09-17/heatwave-to-downpours-a-months-rain-in-a-day/
Would be interesting to see the rainfall 24th thru 30th Sept also as I think locals mentioned rain affecting forensics as it was nearly 3 days till C was reported missing and searches didn't start immediately.

iv always been towards AWOL right from day one and nothing has yet changed, we have no DNA in the bin area so random attack is out, walk home we have no body that would have been found long ago, in my mind all we have is a guy with problems in life, normally I would be going down the suicide road, no body again , I suspect that raf marham might have a connection as that is a place that he visited regular, then we're left with what areas he has connections with! IMOIMO

Ok everyone, I've just had a thought... who has confirmed that the Nokia Lumia (or however it is spelt) is C's phone?

It's a pretty old phone for a young guy to have, especially one with flash clothes and a flash car. Most young lads have iPhones or Samsung phones.

Maybe it was thrown in the bin lorry to lead us off track...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very good point and one I've thought about.

iv always been towards AWOL right from day one and nothing has yet changed, we have no DNA in the bin area so random attack is out, walk home we have no body that would have been found long ago, in my mind all we have is a guy with problems in life, normally I would be going down the suicide road, no body again , I suspect that raf marham might have a connection as that is a place that he visited regular, then we're left with what areas he has connections with! IMOIMO

Do you think planned AWOL or spur of the moment, do you think he had help?

I wish this was the answer and he's safe and well but not yet convinced about the practicalities

I'm assuming the bin lorry went up the A1101, which would appear to be the most direct route to BM. If Corrie got out in the vicinity of Tollgate Bridge, which is almost exactly a mile away from the HS, that is definitely on the way to Honington.

Yes - you can walk that way back.

A lift from the Bin Lorry would have saved him 20mins walking time, not a massive amount. Plus Corrie would have had to tag along with him to Waitrose, so it possibly would have saved him 10mins overall assuming that was the last bin pick up in that area.

I just don't buy it because I don't see how Corrie disappears. Although it isn't all that complicated it seems over-complicated.

-Corrie is in horseshoe for 30mins nobody sees him.
-Corrie chats to bin man at 4pm and agrees a lift.
-Corrie saves 10mins by getting a lift down the road.
-Corrie leaves his phone in the cab by accident.
-Corrie walks home and gets attacked by pigs, drowns in a puddle, trips over a cow pat, or gets ran over and the person driving feels it was their fault so they bung Corrie's dead body into their car and drive off.

+ the bin lorry driver would unnecessarily be lying to Police. Would he get in that much crap for having a passenger in his wagon? Surely all the media stuff about this would encourage him to tell the truth if he gave him a lift.

I much prefer....

-Corrie, with his phone, gets into a vehicle which heads to Barton Mills........whatever happens next who knows.

Do you think planned AWOL or spur of the moment, do you think he had help?

I wish this was the answer and he's safe and well but not yet convinced about the practicalities
I'm enclined to think planed, hence the wait until 3.30, I'm also enclined to think lift from up short Breckland street as that is the direction he was going to turn until he saw the bin to dispose of phone , not fact just my opinion ,

Yes - you can walk that way back.

A lift from the Bin Lorry would have saved him 20mins walking time, not a massive amount. Plus Corrie would have had to tag along with him to Waitrose, so it possibly would have saved him 10mins overall assuming that was the last bin pick up in that area.

I just don't buy it because I don't see how Corrie disappears. Although it isn't all that complicated it seems over-complicated.

-Corrie is in horseshoe for 30mins nobody sees him.
-Corrie chats to bin man at 4pm and agrees a lift.
-Corrie saves 10mins by getting a lift down the road.
-Corrie leaves his phone in the cab by accident.
-Corrie walks home and gets attacked by pigs, drowns in a puddle, trips over a cow pat, or gets ran over and the person driving feels it was their fault so they bung Corrie's dead body into their car and drive off.

+ the bin lorry driver would unnecessarily be lying to Police. Would he get in that much crap for having a passenger in his wagon? Surely all the media stuff about this would encourage him to tell the truth if he gave him a lift.

I much prefer....

-Corrie, with his phone, gets into a vehicle which heads to Barton Mills........whatever happens next who knows.

For what it's worth we don't know if any of the cctv witnesses saw anything or not. All we know is the majority have come forward and been spoken to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barbarabarth2016