UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of young men disappearing on nights out, I know I've mentioned this a few times, but there's also Luke Durbin who vanished in very similar circumstances not too far away from Corrie. I half hope that in solving the Corrie case, the police might also solve that one. Like someone else said, it does sometimes make me wonder if there is someone targeting young men and it's being missed because the victims are not female?

Speaking of young men disappearing on nights out, I know I've mentioned this a few times, but there's also Luke Durbin who vanished in very similar circumstances not too far away from Corrie. I half hope that in solving the Corrie case, the police might also solve that one. Like someone else said, it does sometimes make me wonder if there is someone targeting young men and it's being missed because the victims are not female?
I completely agree !

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I know it's on the Isle of Wight but it's also very similar to Damien nettles and many others

I completely agree !

I've thought this long before C went missing!! If you look at Rory, Luke etc there are similarities and I think it's so easy for the police to say they went into the river but really how likely is that? Not very IMO. I think they would probably say the same about C if there was some water nearer to his last sighting (it was mentioned nearer the beginning by police so SULSAR mentioned searching near it)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm more enclined to thing IMO that the search has only been done this week to satisfy family , as they say they have no information to suggest that they would find any thing, more they are being forced in to it by public and family,, IMO I never expected them to find anything, if we look back we had no dog scent or DNA found in the first week or so, in my mind that says corrie was not in the loading bay long and nothing happened to him in that area, I'm inclined to think that he went in to the loading bay to dispose of the phone, then walked in to short Breckland street when the CCTV was on the turn, then got in to a car , pre arranged lift hence the wait,
I feel the same. He left quickly. I don't necessarily think for a planned lift. I don't have a theory either way on that point. I agree that he threw away the phone, then left promptly and agree with your thoughts about the police search.

Which two bases are you meaning? I don't follow this logic.

Sorry, I thought he could go back to his RAF base or another nearby base where he had friends? If he could go to either of two places to sleep he's more chance of getting a lift.

As I have said I think they have been id. HOWEVER if they are same people this is proof the cornhill walk cam is 5 minutes out isn't it ? (Adnams 0326 cornhill 0321) .

I wouldn't say it proves that, they could be wandering back and forth behaving a bit suspiciously.

I thought the police had confirmed he couldn't leave on foot without being seen by CCTV and the military have 'theoretically'.
Have you seen a LE link for that? I have seen the website quote only and don't know what 'theoretically' means. Has anyone actually done any practical tests?

I wouldn't say it proves that, they could be wandering back and forth behaving a bit suspiciously.
They are not in the recent pics AFAIK.
They passed adnams then cornhill - what is suspicious exactly?

Since the possibility of his access to the lane heading to Hughes without being seen has been discounted, I'm assuming there's a possibility this area has not been included in the recent search.
There are residences above the shops there, including two floors above Celebrities Nails, the doorway to which I'm still not entirely convinced he couldn't have been lurking.

Sorry I must have missed when that was actually discounted I'm afraid. Do you have a link for that?

Good ideas there, I Wonder. I too think he hung around waiting for a lift as there would have been lots of people leaving the bars and clubs, as well as workers etc.

I've been thinking about what he intended to do, and I lean towards going back to his car and either sleeping in it a bit longer, or driving back. I imagine he'd have been confident police aren't doing check stops at 4 am. From the doorway where he napped, it was a straight walk 2 blocks south along St. Andrews St. to his car Considering he'd parked in a disabled spot, hard to believe he'd make other plans and leave it until whatever time he could get a lift back on Saturday, and risk a ticket. I lean towards the theory of him being taken short and looking for a private place to take care of that before heading to his car.

I find the coincidence of the bin lorry and the phone going to the same general location, at the same time, so shortly after he disappeared, in the dead of the night, pretty hard to shrug off as coincidence. Also, If he lost or someone threw away his phone, it also seems a wild coincidence they put it in the one bin that was emptied a half hour or so later. I wonder if something else happened, like -just speculation-the bin driver picked it up but doesn't want to admit it.

We do know which cameras - but I can't link to it as it was the facebook interview with TW the other day. If you go to post #570 para 11 in the parking lot thread you'll have your answer. Suffice to say they are not among the cameras in the map on the #findcorrie website, hence not relevant to the families assertion the Carrie could not have walked out without being seen.

And do they "now believe you can get out on foot"? That's news to me, though I could have missed it. I think we may be getting things confused. There's "getting away from the horseshoe on foot" in the narrowest sense, and yes, at the right time he could cross over into SB street. But in the wider sense of getting well away, out towards Honnington, he couldn't (without going through/over buildings or some other cunning method) due to all the other fixed cameras covering the three routes out. Or at least that's the belief of the family - it would be nice to see footage from the camera at the back of Cornhill as you said.

I think it's important, because our over-literal misunderstandings are giving the impression that the information from the family is unreliable when I don't believe it is - the pregnancy issue aside, which I believe was justified for April's sake.
I have never believed the claim due to lack of LE verification.

Since the possibility of his access to the lane heading to Hughes without being seen has been discounted, I'm assuming there's a possibility this area has not been included in the recent search.
There are residences above the shops there, including two floors above Celebrities Nails, the doorway to which I'm still not entirely convinced he couldn't have been lurking.
On the cctv where Corrie looks back, and some people think he is talking, I'm convinced I see something moving like someone smoking out the window above that nails place, and he's looking at the window out the corner of his eye. I thought I read early on that there were no residential properties on that street though, and it was storage space that's above the shops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay