UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, I think it's almost certain that Corrie came to harm, and I'd go further in saying it's almost certain a third party was involved. However, there's ranges of missing persons investigations: "All reports of missing people sit within a continuum of risk from ‘no apparent risk (absent)’ through to high risk cases that require immediate, intensive action." *

I personally believe that the case moved firmly into the latter category around October 24th/25th iirc, when the initial CCTV analysis had been done, yet the first sign of intensive action was in the new year. I'm not suggesting the police are inept - far from it - just that they clearly didn't have the bandwidth for this investigation last year. I know I'm in a minority but I really admire NU, she didn't let them fob her off. Tough woman.

Hopefully this arrest is about putting pressure on a conspiracy of silence. I think the next few weeks will be very interesting.

* https://www.app.college.police.uk/a...issing-persons/missing-person-investigations/
I too feel sure Corrie has come to harm - either by accident or a third party, I don't know which. I also agree - Nicola is a strong force (and I admire her too - I'd want her in my corner if something happened to me or mine) and, as I said before, it is she that has driven this case as far forward as it has come.

I hope every day for some sort of closure for them all and wish it could be happy news, but I doubt it will be.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

No I think he is coming from direction of horseshoe. This cctv is from inside shop looking across to Cornhill Shopping Centre so the left would be from H/s direction. There is also Pod footage of him shown by the CSC camera coming from H/s direction at 5.01 a.m. too.

I think I have my bearings right, Shiressleuth! Look at the pic of the entrance of McD's:

1955837931.jpg

As we look at this to the right is Cornhill/Butter Market and left is to CSC/HS. The McD CCTV is the mirror of this, right?

I agree if he was in the CSC front CCTV it is really odd unless he walked past McD's and then went back making it look like he came from that way?

I stand by what I said, the investigation should have accelerated at that point.

For what it's worth, I agree with you. I wouldn't like to say with any certainty though because we don't really know what's going on behind the scenes. But from what I've seen I think process has been slow.

Re the cost of the investigation so far, this details the case expenditures

https://www.suffolk.police.uk/sites...rie_mckeague_missing_person_investigation.pdf

£260k on staff- not sure if staffing costs are included in the figures you quoted for average costs.

I agree with you about the female, but I'm not so sure about the man. Looking at the gait I would suggest that the two men have had very different lives, with one being blue collar and one being white collar. The blue collar job would put a lot more stresses on the bones while a white collar worker who keeps fit has no reason to not walk like that well into their 70s if they stay free from back, hip and knee problems.

The gait looks really familiar somehow, it feels like some kind of profession, maybe even something like a doctor. He seems quite tall, maybe 6 foot or so? I still think there's something about the right leg though, the foot looks a bit turned, which might be related to that knee thing I mentioned earlier. I don't know if things like this might help ID someone. The glasses look quite distinctive, the face looks quite long. Even with the hood, someone ought to recognise this man, but he might not even live in the Suffolk area, he might not even have close relatives anywhere, let alone in the area.
Somebody mentioned about a black shirt under his top and whether he could be clergy? Could the walk remind anyone of that? Also with the Abbey Gardens not too far away?

I think I have my bearings right, Shiressleuth! Look at the pic of the entrance of McD's:

1955837931.jpg

As we look at this to the right is Cornhill/Butter Market and left is to CSC/HS. The McD CCTV is the mirror of this, right?

I agree if he was in the CSC front CCTV it is really odd unless he walked past McD's and then went back making it look like he came from that way?

I could be wrong but I agree with Shires....that picture is almost the same as the Cornhill shopping centre cctv camera would see, so on the Cornhill side the horseshoe is to the right but on the McD's side the horseshoe is to the left (where the man came from).

I always get confused as to which alleys go to the Butter market, the one on the right of that picture goes to one side of the Butter market and the one on the left of McD's is the one with Adnams?

So anyone coming in that door from the left (on cctv) is coming from the horseshoe side, but they might have walked in from the Butter Market. Anyone coming in from the right (on the cctv, not on this picture) is coming either from the Adnams alley or from Looms Lane.... I think?

Somebody mentioned about a black shirt under his top and whether he could be clergy? Could the walk remind anyone of that? Also with the Abbey Gardens not too far away?

Yes, that would be a nice upright walk similar to this guy's (as a generalization). Old-style clergy probably did plenty of walking around their parish, and it's not going to be too stressful on the skeleton.

1955837931.jpg

Truth, I'm not local but if you remember running man he runs past H/s first then McDonald's both on his right then turns right down Butter Market. Same direction as this old guy I think except old guy turns right into McD entrance, seen as coming in from left when looked at from the camera view inside shop. I am also going by Street view maps too.

I could be wrong but I agree with Shires....that picture is almost the same as the Cornhill shopping centre cctv camera would see, so on the Cornhill side the horseshoe is to the right but on the McD's side the horseshoe is to the left (where the man came from).

I always get confused as to which alleys go to the Butter market, the one on the right of that picture goes to one side of the Butter market and the one on the left of McD's is the one with Adnams?

So anyone coming in that door from the left (on cctv) is coming from the horseshoe side, but they might have walked in from the Butter Market. Anyone coming in from the right (on the cctv, not on this picture) is coming either from the Adnams alley or from Looms Lane.... I think?

It is very difficult to explain this without using a million words but does this Street View link help to see that the CCTV is the exact opposite of the above pic I posted?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.2...4!1sZzLzwXbJCpbxmZWe14P_MA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

It is very difficult to explain this without using a million words but does this Street View link help to see that the CCTV is the exact opposite of the above pic I posted?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.2...4!1sZzLzwXbJCpbxmZWe14P_MA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

That's the perfect place...yes turn around as if you were in the position of the camera that caught the man (except you'll be outside McD's doors and he was just inside them) and if you look to your left that's the horseshoe.

I think I was correct in my post just now, though, that you don't have to come from the horseshoe, you can also come from the Butter Market (and I think it's there that the running man went, not past McD's but through the first alley that goes into the Butter Market square). But that isn't the Butter Market alley that has the Adnams camera in it, it's a different one.

Okay let's do it in a semi-graphical manner.

Adnams Alley to Butter market--McD's--other alley to Buttermarket--Horseshoe

That's what it looks like facing McDonalds from the Cornhill shopping centre. But the camera inside McDonalds sees the mirror image of that, so that list gets reversed and anyone coming in the door from the left has come from the horseshoe side (or the other alley that goes to the Butter Market square).

nb. the list is supposed to represent each building/geo location with its name instead of an image.

That's the perfect place...yes turn around as if you were in the position of the camera that caught the man (except you'll be outside McD's doors and he was just inside them) and if you look to your left that's the horseshoe.

I think I was correct in my post just now, though, that you don't have to come from the horseshoe, you can also come from the Butter Market (and I think it's there that the running man went, not past McD's but through the first alley that goes into the Butter Market square). But that isn't the Butter Market alley that has the Adnams camera in it, it's a different one.

Wait a minute....running man? I'm been talking about the old man caught on internal McDonalds CCTV! The new moving footage released today.

I'll do a quick map. Give me a few minutes.

I too feel sure Corrie has come to harm - either by accident or a third party, I don't know which. I also agree - Nicola is a strong force (and I admire her too - I'd want her in my corner if something happened to me or mine) and, as I said before, it is she that has driven this case as far forward as it has come.

I hope every day for some sort of closure for them all and wish it could be happy news, but I doubt it will be.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Tbh I think it is too soon to judge either whether C has come to harm or to judge the efficacy of SP. It seems to be at a crucial phase ATM that's for sure.

Wait a minute....running man? I'm been talking about the old man caught on internal McDonalds CCTV! The new moving footage released today.

Shires mentioned running man going past McD's, and she was saying that if you imagined him being caught on the McD's camera he'd also come from the left as the older man does.

But I don't think running man did pass McD's, I think he took the turn off into Buttermarket that precedes McD's when coming from the horseshoe.

A map would probably be the best thing!

I'm seeing as you are I think. Stand facing outwards at the McDonalds door and on my right is the shopping centre and horseshoe. I'm not familiar with the area but to the left where presumably he came from is lots of little shops.

Or are we saying the CCTV is literally mirrored so what we see as coming from the left is actually the right?

I know it is internal Mcd cam and there is footage of him from Csc showing him outside but very poor image just with the big bag apparent really. I think he comes from both the H/s AND Butter Market direction then if the right turn that running man takes is before mcd's?

Right see if this helps or confuses even more...

f2oc.png

And still from CCTV released today:

g2oc.png

Am I now making more sense!?

I'm seeing as you are I think. Stand facing outwards at the McDonalds door and on my right is the shopping centre and horseshoe. I'm not familiar with the area but to the left where presumably he came from is lots of little shops.

Or are we saying the CCTV is literally mirrored so what we see as coming from the left is actually the right?
No CSC and mcd are nearly opposite each other. The Csc cam is pointing at Mcd entrance and if you stand at mcd entrance facing outwards you are looking to the front of the Csc. The mcd cam is internal looking at the customers coming in from outside and so would be looking at Csc if it could see thru the doors. The guy comes from the left as if we are standing inside similar to the outward facing cam. H/s and Butter M are to left (I think) in this latest moving image which is the direction he comes from and agrees with the previous still pod footage from the CSC cam. Sorry to confuse I think I misunderstood where Butter Market is.

No CSC and mcd are nearly opposite each other. The Csc cam is pointing at Mcd entrance and if you stand at mcd entrance facing outwards you are looking to the front of the Csc. The mcd cam is internal looking at the customers coming in from outside and so would be looking at Csc if it could see thru the doors. The guy comes from the left as if we are standing inside similar to the outward facing cam. H/s and Butter M are to left (I think) in this latest moving image which is the direction he comes from and agrees with the previous still pod footage from the CSC cam. Sorry to confuse I think I misunderstood where Butter Market is.

Shires, this isn't correct and is probably why there is such confusion. The entrance to McDonald's is down the walk way to Cornhill/Butter Market (look at the map I posted above). What you see in the CSC CCTV are McD's windows only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truth Exposed