UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, something along those lines as despite all the odd bits and bobs that have been presented to us, I still think the same as I originally did. I have a feeling that the man had some connection to it, well that is obvious, but I don't think it is quite as it may seem. When I first saw a pic of him, it reminded me of the man on the bike.
That was my thought too, Biffa man and man on bike being one and the same.

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-710F using Tapatalk

I wasn't thinking NE Coach. More like maybe Ledger, Shearings, Galloway or other holiday coach company that would pick up in Bury St Edmunds.

Actually National Express does not own any coaches of its own. All the ones you see in its livery are actually owned and operated by local and regional coach companies who are contracted to operate certain routes. However, if a liveried coach is not available for whatever reason the service can indeed be run using a vehicle in the operator's own livery.

Yes it is interesting. I'm sure both would apply. Do they have one or have contracts with one in the BM mast area e.g. Red Lodge?

Sorry Shires could you calrify please? I recall you mentioning Red Lodge previously - is that a WTS? Months ago I was searching for WTS in the area with no luck so have I missed something here? TIA

Yes it is interesting. I'm sure both would apply. Do they have one or have contracts with one in the BM mast area e.g. Red Lodge?
I've tried but cannot find any info to say that they have a WTS on their own sites. I was trying to see if there was a way that any person could have skipped the normal checking processes. So maybe, they do use Red Lodge. Unless it was authorised by someone to go directly to landfill, I can't see how C could have got there.

Sorry Shires could you calrify please? I recall you mentioning Red Lodge previously - is that a WTS? Months ago I was searching for WTS in the area with no luck so have I missed something here? TIA
I looked into WTS in the area and through council documents, discovered there were three WTS that they use. One is at Red Lodge that has a direct link to the landfill at Milton, and the others are at Thetford (Burrell Way)and Haverhill (Homefield Road). The one at Red Lodge (The Carrops) falls just within the range of the BM phone mast and is situated right next to the River Kennet on the border between Suffolk and Cambs. By road you could be in Cambs within a minute, subject to traffic. I found its location through reading an archaeological report.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-39009408
A short interview by Nicola with Jackie Bird, BBC Scotland, in Feb, after the announcement of the landfill search. I hadn't seen it previously and found it as I am going through old interviews of Nicola's, (what is still available) and found her use of words interesting.

Edit - she is saying in this interview that a person shouldn't get away with saying that Corrie fell in a bin and that it was an accident, which means to me, she doesn't believe he got into a bin willingly.

Been thinking about all this and the latest arrest. IF the Driver gave Corrie a lift it is likely to be against company policy and a sackable offence.

This has been my first thought all along...Corrie got a lift from HS in a bin lorry with his phone, that's why dogs got no scent in HS. Something happened along the way in Barton Mills and Corrie's phone went silent. But police seem to be pretty sure the bin driver has nothing to do with it, so could there really be some mix-up between lorries vs. drivers? And that is the reason why it would be the most up important to find those two missing witnesses, because they might have seen the right lorry+driver. It feels like this case is just missing that one tiny piece of a puzzle....calling Hercule Poirot!

:desert:

I looked into WTS in the area and through council documents, discovered there were three WTS that they use. One is at Red Lodge that has a direct link to the landfill at Milton, and the others are at Thetford (Burrell Way)and Haverhill (Homefield Road). The one at Red Lodge (The Carrops) falls just within the range of the BM phone mast and is situated right next to the River Kennet on the border between Suffolk and Cambs. By road you could be in Cambs within a minute, subject to traffic. I found its location through reading an archaeological report.

Thank you - how did I miss this?? (rhetorical ?):doh:

Agree possible driver just gave Corrie a lift to Barton Mills, as you say against policy and had nothing to do with any outcome of what happened next. Hence phone ping as Corrie still had his phone. Just my theory. I can will be very surprised if Corrie found at landfill.

It was a few pages back now and it is just inside Cambs not Suffolk. Really did a lot of research and has answered you already I see.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-39009408
A short interview by Nicola with Jackie Bird, BBC Scotland, in Feb, after the announcement of the landfill search. I hadn't seen it previously and found it as I am going through old interviews of Nicola's, (what is still available) and found her use of words interesting.

she is saying in this interview that a person shouldn't get away with saying that Corrie fell in a bin and it was an accident....etc etc.

It is hard for me to see him climbing in, and if he did, not wake up when the truck arrived. He had to be much more sober by the time the truck collected the bin. I doubt he would be soundly sleeping. I have thought, if it were an accident, he fell while climbing in and suffered a severe injury, rendering him unconscious. Accidents are often a series of events leading to a calamity.

I don't know if this helps at all but found the below which lists all sites Biffa use as of end of June 2016 (including closed sites). No Red Lodge or Milton or much of anything for Suffolk outside of depots and workshops?

https://webcache.googleusercontent....UNE%202016.pdf.docx+&cd=7&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

Also on the Biffa website it lists all 11 landfill sites they use and again no Milton: https://www.biffa.co.uk/about-us/operational-infrastructure/landfill/

Random question. Could it be possible the man arrested was on a night out in BSE that night?

OK Cat among the pigeons time - WHY would C be in a bin and WHY should this need to be hidden?

I still have a great problem with C getting into a bin willingly (to sleep/keep warm), goodness knows what the odds are on that !

IMO this moves to him being put in a bin by 1 other, so why? An attack possibly but over what? I'm really stuck on this bit because although I can appreciate something dodgy may have been going on that night in that area but how would C have been involved? Any ideas?

It is hard for me to see him climbing in, and if he did, not wake up when the truck arrived. He had to be much more sober by the time the truck collected the bin. I doubt he would be soundly sleeping. I have thought, if it were an accident, he fell while climbing in and suffered a severe injury, rendering him unconscious. Accidents are often a series of events leading to a calamity.
The markers are there that they believe he is in the landfill and it's about what happened to him and accident as an explanation not good enough for Nicola as she says in the interview. I can see why Martin is speaking of a cover up. Cover up of procedures perhaps?

This has been my first thought all along...Corrie got a lift from HS in a bin lorry with his phone, that's why dogs got no scent in HS. Something happened along the way in Barton Mills and Corrie's phone went silent. But police seem to be pretty sure the bin driver has nothing to do with it, so could there really be some mix-up between lorries vs. drivers? And that is the reason why it would be the most up important to find those two missing witnesses, because they might have seen the right lorry+driver. It feels like this case is just missing that one tiny piece of a puzzle....calling Hercule Poirot!

:desert:

Without wanted to disrespect the police IMO it's totally bonkers if they are expecting either of these people to remember anything at all about a night over 5 months ago never mind who might have been driving a bin lorry. There must be something more that we're not being told, I can't think why they are still trying to find these people unless they have reason to believe that something extremely out of the ordinary and thus rememberable happened well after 3.20

jmo

I still have a great problem with C getting into a bin willingly (to sleep/keep warm), goodness knows what the odds are on that !

I'd say 50/50. Felling cold (and colder as the alcohol takes effect), nice clean cardboard bin would be ideal. For a grunt in the military the 'clean' would just be a bonus considering some of the places you're expected to sleep. There was a drunk student who slept in a bin overnight and got killed by the bin lorry here in the UK some years back if I'm not mistaken.

Without wanted to disrespect the police IMO it's totally bonkers if they are expecting either of these people to remember anything at all about a night over 5 months ago never mind who might have been driving a bin lorry. There must be something more that we're not being told, I can't think why they are still trying to find these people unless they have reason to believe that something extremely out of the ordinary and thus rememberable happened well after 3.20

jmo

I'm sure the Police don't want them to remember what did happen, but instead what did not happen. I haven't the foggiest what I was doing exactly 5 months ago, but with 100% certainty I can let you know what I wasn't doing and what I didn't see.

OK Cat among the pigeons time - WHY would C be in a bin and WHY should this need to be hidden?

IMO this moves to him being put in a bin by 1 other, so why? An attack possibly but over what? I'm really stuck on this bit because although I can appreciate something dodgy may have been going on that night in that area but how would C have been involved? Any ideas?

The bin lorry could have reversed into him, a tragic accident. He was sleeping in a doorway so I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was sitting or lying around the HS area, possibly sleeping again. It could have been an accident when the driver was reversing. Corrie could have been in the bin when the bin lorry arrived but the reversing alarm would have been switched off because of the time of day (can't be used between 2330 and 0700). Could Corrie have knocked himself unconscious when getting into the bin, hence why he would not have wakened up when the lorry arrived to empty it. Was he put in the bin after the lorry reversed into him. Was he dumped in the bin after an altercation before the the lorry arrived. So many questions. The Police will know more than we think they know I'm sure.

The bin lorry could have reversed into him, a tragic accident. He was sleeping in a doorway so I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was sitting or lying around the HS area, possibly sleeping again. It could have been an accident when the driver was reversing. Corrie could have been in the bin when the bin lorry arrived but the reversing alarm would have been switched off because of the time of day (can't be used between 2330 and 0700). Could Corrie have knocked himself unconscious when getting into the bin, hence why he would not have wakened up when the lorry arrived to empty it. Was he put in the bin after the lorry reversed into him. Was he dumped in the bin after an altercation before the the lorry arrived. So many questions. The Police will know more than we think they know I'm sure.

Or was he in the cab?

Im new here but been following with great interest as I'm local to the Bury St Edmunds area.

Two points I'd like to make

1. <modsnip>

2. The McD old man. He could have cycled into town to get picked up by a coach to go on holiday. Pick ups could be at 6am , or there about. Hence why he was going into McD for breakfast. just my opinion.

my fault entirely as removed text and still I wasn't clear. Let me try again as I was in no way sleuthing Cs girlfriend or his family.

<modsnip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member