UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has everyone seen Nicola's analogy of the medicine ball / football? Gives a better understanding of why this further search of the edges is a much bigger job than she realised:

"This is what I understand to be the cell, however the reality is if you were to get a medicine ball and cut that in half and place the football inside it, it is actually the edges of the medicine ball that's the edges of the entire cell. The police have searched through the rubbish in the football. To empty the football shaped area they were able to say this may take about 10 weeks (which it roughly did). And as they got to the edges they could see the dates of the rubbish was going back far too early, prior to when Corrie disappeared.

"On one side however, the rubbish is still being found with dates and locations to show that they are still in the correct area, so they are slowly working their way back to the edges of the entire cell (the edges of the medicine ball). So the area they are searching is still the same depth as the middle of the cell as they are no where near the edges yet which means this will take far longer to search than I first understood."

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/local-news/corrie-mckeague-nicola-urquhart-landfill-13236666

Yes I have read that, but I have no idea what a 'medicine ball' is so no better informed with that analogy.

Just imagine a slightly bigger ball, so you essentially have a bowl within a bowl. That's what I'm getting from it anyway, I think the bit they're looking at now is like the overflow.

Just imagine a slightly bigger ball, so you essentially have a bowl within a bowl. That's what I'm getting from it anyway, I think the bit they're looking at now is like the overflow.

I like to think about it a a bowl filled with ice cream. They have scooped out the middle, but there is a lot more left.... even more than all that was already scooped out.

Great as long as it is ice cream.

Today does not look The Day either.

Im surprised that they are not searching the incinerator ash as well even to rule it out, I wouldn't think that would be such a big job not like the landfill,

Those pics in the Sun are great to help visualise the search. I now see what NM meant with the hollowed out football and medicine ball comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The father of RAF gunner Corrie Mckeague says he will one day expose "the lies and deceit" which have plagued his family since his son went missing.
Interesting as Martin has been saying for a long time that people are telling lies and not telling the truth,
Why doesn't he tell it now? Perhaps it could help solve this? I remember when he said there were "a lot of people PTCOJ" way back when the BIFFA employees were pulled in.

I haven't been following this thread for the last few weeks as much as I used to, due to the terrible things that have been going on , thought I would check in to see if Corrie had been found yet, I really thought if he was in the landfill, he would have been found by now.
What a sad situation 😕, I read a few weeks ago somewhere that April has given birth to Corries baby daughter, who will probably never get to meet her dad.
I despair of this world.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/39329...-tons-of-waste-at-landfill-in-mammoth-search/

I've been looking at the pictures in this article , IMO the first picture is a different part of the landfill to the 2nd pic, the 2nd pic has tall trees and a perimeter fence ware as the first pic looks more like its in the middle of the landfill , I wonder if they are searching in more then one place at the landfill,
I think it is the same area but i agree something doesn't look right because here is the photo from the article i posted the other day and that matches up....
fdacd9af0ee5a37fc42cb90d02d8025e.jpg

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/39329...-tons-of-waste-at-landfill-in-mammoth-search/

I've been looking at the pictures in this article , IMO the first picture is a different part of the landfill to the 2nd pic, the 2nd pic has tall trees and a perimeter fence ware as the first pic looks more like its in the middle of the landfill , I wonder if they are searching in more then one place at the landfill,
Looking again....i think its just from a different angle and the trees etc... would be underneath the helicopter and behind it so out of view.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I haven't been following this thread for the last few weeks as much as I used to, due to the terrible things that have been going on , thought I would check in to see if Corrie had been found yet, I really thought if he was in the landfill, he would have been found by now.
What a sad situation ��, I read a few weeks ago somewhere that April has given birth to Corries baby daughter, who will probably never get to meet her dad.
I despair of this world.

I haven't been able to check in as much as I would have liked either recently but have been following developments via facebook and MSM. I really hope the end is nearly in sight, the dated rubbish is a positive sign imo that they might be nearly there but I do have a concern about how they will judge when to stop looking.

Whenever they stop there will always be the thought the if they'd just carried on another day they might have found him, I wouldn't like to be the person who has to make that decision

I haven't been able to check in as much as I would have liked either recently but have been following developments via facebook and MSM. I really hope the end is nearly in sight, the dated rubbish is a positive sign imo that they might be nearly there but I do have a concern about how they will judge when to stop looking.

Whenever they stop there will always be the thought the if they'd just carried on another day they might have found him, I wouldn't like to be the person who has to make that decision

I know, that would be terrible for his family, especially if they are certain he is in there somewhere, having to go and pay thier respects to him at a landfill site, not knowing for sure where abouts in there he is.
I just hope it doesn't turn out to be one of those missing persons cases that twenty years later they are still no closer to solving. At least if they do find him deceased, and I really hope not, they will have some kind of closure and maybe answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tased×20