UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
100% awol . Police should interview his family and friends. You don't disappear without telling someone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The police have interviewed his family and friends. If there was any indication of awol I doubt they'd send their colleagues to search a stinking landfill for months.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

The police have interviewed his family and friends. If there was any indication of awol I doubt they'd send their colleagues to search a stinking landfill for months.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
Obviously they have already done interviews of friends and family. Now there is an indication of awol because the LF search has not found either his phone or remains. I would expect further interviews (at the very least) just because of that fact.

Obviously they have already done interviews of friends and family. Now there is an indication of awol because the LF search has not found either his phone or remains. I would expect further interviews (at the very least) just because of that fact.

I don't think that a failure of finding him in the LF points to awol. I think it more likely he is deceased elsewhere - as I mentioned before, likely in water and by misadventure. Suffolk/Norfolk/Cambs is not a very urban area, so many places he could have met with an accident and not be discovered. IMO.

ETA = Just must add that my above suppositions are based only on a likely scenario, ie young guy, night out, alcohol, trek home etc.
There could have been incidents that happened earlier that evening/night of which we know nothing and which may have influenced LE to consider non accidental demise..

Agree with AWOL theory, have done from the start and think he had a wobbly for whatever reason and got out of hand. Hasn't touched bank account as is with someone. IMO. I also believe landfill search was due to widespread criticism of SP, correct me if I am wrong but think the announcement they were going to search Landfill was before they knew incorrect weight info. I dont personally think it was due to specific information about him being in LF . All my opinion of course.

Agree with AWOL theory, have done from the start and think he had a wobbly for whatever reason and got out of hand. Hasn't touched bank account as is with someone. IMO. I also believe landfill search was due to widespread criticism of SP, correct me if I am wrong but think the announcement they were going to search Landfill was before they knew incorrect weight info. I dont personally think it was due to specific information about him being in LF . All my opinion of course.

BBM

This may be true (I honestly can't remember now!) but didn't DCI Elliott say at the beginning of the landfill search words to the effect that they wouldn't be doing the search there (effort/cost) if they didn't have solid reason(s) to do so?

If they are sure of their info then I wonder if he is in the landfill but in another area and put there a significant time after is disappearance? Could explain quite a lot for me......

I don't think that a failure of finding him in the LF points to awol. I think it more likely he is deceased elsewhere - as I mentioned before, likely in water and by misadventure. Suffolk/Norfolk/Cambs is not a very urban area, so many places he could have met with an accident and not be discovered. IMO.

ETA = Just must add that my above suppositions are based only on a likely scenario, ie young guy, night out, alcohol, trek home etc.
There could have been incidents that happened earlier that evening/night of which we know nothing and which may have influenced LE to consider non accidental demise..
Apart from the waste, how else can we explain the phone travelling to Mildenhall area then remaining there till the battery died?

BBM

This may be true (I honestly can't remember now!) but didn't DCI Elliott say at the beginning of the landfill search words to the effect that they wouldn't be doing the search there (effort/cost) if they didn't have solid reason(s) to do so?

If they are sure of their info then I wonder if he is in the landfill but in another area and put there a significant time after is disappearance? Could explain quite a lot for me......

An interesting theory TTWO, but if he is in another area and placed there later what hope is there of finding him in LF?
Very little I'd surmise.
Do you think he may have been transported in a bin or separately/individually?

BBM

So you suspect murder?
Eta. LE had already made the decision to search LF before weight discrepancy came to light IIRC.

Apart from the waste, how else can we explain the phone travelling to Mildenhall area then remaining there till the battery died?

Simple. He went in a similar direction in another vehicle. Something happened to him and the phone could still be where he is, or was dropped somewhere.

He may have been with his phone until it died, or he might have met with accidental death before the phone died. At times I feel too much importance has been put on the phone pings, but understand that is all the tracking available - there is no proof and it doesn't mean that he and his phone were together though.

An interesting theory TTWO, but if he is in another area and placed there later what hope is there of finding him in LF?
Very little I'd surmise.
Do you think he may have been transported in a bin or separately/individually?

Honestly not sure on the circumstances right now. Could be bin/bin lorry related or something else (e.g. went in car at similar time as bin lorry then third party involvement)

So you suspect murder?
Eta. LE had already made the decision to search LF before weight discrepancy came to light IIRC.

Not necessarily murder but think third party involvement is highly likely to some degree if not found in the area the Police say all BSE waste went to. I believe Police did say the decision to search the landfill was made before finding out about the bin weight so must have confidence in that info to go to the lengths and costs they have but may be it wasn't specific as to where and what time he was placed there?

Either way I think there are still going to be a lot of revelations and twists to come.

Hi. Been lurking for a while now. I'm interested that people are coming around to the AWOL theory now the LF hasn't given anything up but... I've always thought AWOL (in a spontaneous way, not planned. I think he made the decision after leaving the HS in a car with someone and something has happened to tip him over the edge) but as time goes on I'm moving away from that theory. I'm doubting AWOL now as there have been no sightings at all since the early days and I think if he contacted D or M then they would have put a stop to all this. I'm interested that people are coming to this theory now when it seems to become less viable as time goes on.
I would hope they re interview the family and I would hope that they find a way to put more pressure on but I can't see how they can do this for a misper without escalating the case and obviously they can't make it a murder inquiry if they think there is a chance he left of his own devises x

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Welcome Wella. What is your theory, if you have one that is?
Hi. I have one, but as with most there are glaring holes in it lol I think he was suffering from depression to some degree, was possibly confused about his sexuality, possibly a very lonely person surrounded by friends but none that were close to him. I think he was a bit lost the night he went missing, ringing his brother 4 times that day, accidentally being left behind, possibly drunk drove to BSE followed by more drinking alone before venturing to the pubs. It would seem he was on his own for much of the night trying to tag onto other groups and found himself alone in the doorway. I think he used his phone in the doorway because on Sky news D stated he was seen on camera using his phone (since then it's always been maintained he hadn't been seen using or with his phone). I think he went into the HS and through to short brackland when the camera rotated (by luck not design). I think he got into a car there that he either arranged whilst in the doorway or it was a chance encounter with someone he was familiar with. No idea where he went or why but obviously he has travelled in a similar direction as the BL but not necessarily the same roads etc. My thought is that he could have had a great time with whomever he left with, was down about life in general and kind of though 'bugger it' I'm just going to go off and start again, start new. If you Google there are many AWOL servicemen that work using their own NI number etc, when people go AWOL it's not like the forces start a massive manhunt. He could well have gone to Amsterdam as people are sometimes suggesting but I think he is most likely in the UK. I can't decide if I think he has rang a brother or not. I'm wavering a bit now though....

Hi. I have one, but as with most there are glaring holes in it lol I think he was suffering from depression to some degree, was possibly confused about his sexuality, possibly a very lonely person surrounded by friends but none that were close to him. I think he was a bit lost the night he went missing, ringing his brother 4 times that day, accidentally being left behind, possibly drunk drove to BSE followed by more drinking alone before venturing to the pubs. It would seem he was on his own for much of the night trying to tag onto other groups and found himself alone in the doorway. I think he used his phone in the doorway because on Sky news D stated he was seen on camera using his phone (since then it's always been maintained he hadn't been seen using or with his phone). I think he went into the HS and through to short brackland when the camera rotated (by luck not design). I think he got into a car there that he either arranged whilst in the doorway or it was a chance encounter with someone he was familiar with. No idea where he went or why but obviously he has travelled in a similar direction as the BL but not necessarily the same roads etc. My thought is that he could have had a great time with whomever he left with, was down about life in general and kind of though 'bugger it' I'm just going to go off and start again, start new. If you Google there are many AWOL servicemen that work using their own NI number etc, when people go AWOL it's not like the forces start a massive manhunt. He could well have gone to Amsterdam as people are sometimes suggesting but I think he is most likely in the UK. I can't decide if I think he has rang a brother or not. I'm wavering a bit now though....

Thankyou for your theory. It is one that I considered right from the beginning. It is interesting to see it all laid out like you have and seems very possible to me.

Thankyou for your theory. It is one that I considered right from the beginning. It is interesting to see it all laid out like you have and seems very possible to me.
Thanks. I've thought this since I heard about the case, I've been reading the websleuth thread but only when I've read something and googled it to try and find out if it's Chinese whispers or not. This forum is great for that lol
Anyway I'm glad I've discovered websleuths as it's keeping my brain ticking over 😂

occam's razor people :notgood:
Yep, like I said there are glaring holes 🙈 I think with the lack of hard facts available assumptions have to be made for any theory though, so I will accept the occam's razor thing but think you will be hard pushed to come up with a theory that involved less assumptions than I have made.
Hoping occams razor is the thing about making too many assumptions makes an explanation less likely else this won't make any sense 😂🙈

The police announced the landfill search before they announced the bin weight change, but why does that mean it happened that way around? My assumption all along has been that logic pointed to the LF, but the weight put an end to that theory. When they found that the weight tied in, hey presto.

Also, thinking logically, if his phone went there and he is assumed to have ended up there, surely logic tells us that they went there at the same time. The more complex a theory we dream up, the less likely it is to be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46