UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told what cars they were, bmws or something. It's tough to recall the info out of the long incessant moan that was my other half (who was a late recruit and joining with a family and child to support) detailing how they wasted their money on holidays, cars and nights out because the majority of their overheads are subsidised and minimal.

I don't think the flash car is suspicious in any case, it does seem the norm from my experience, perhaps it was finance.

The phone however always seemed odd to me, but then I like my gadgets, not everyone is the same.

It was a BMW Z4.
Nice car. And not cheap for 23 yrs old, even though second hand.

Myself, when in a different service.... we had to get the train !

I wonder if corries email address has been googled, that usually brings up profiles on different websites and forums 🤔

I never knew that.... tried my own just now and it has not brought forth any leads:shame:

Hi think that he was eather taken against his will or he had it all planed to vanish, it looks very planed and professional to leve no clues, not what the average guy on the street could do, some one knew what they were doing, maybe some one with military or intelligence background would be able to make it happen with a bit of planing,

He was/is a Senior Aircaftman in the RAF "Rock Apes".
He was based "in situ" for three years.

....this isn't "bashing", I am just stating fact.
If he hasn't "shined" by then, then I don't think he'll be heading to Hereford soon.

Sorry I wasn't being clear, I meant my other halfs corporals cars in an attempt to show thy were flashy, I obviously failed 😂 I know nothing about cars

I'm sure they said something along the lines that he changed his plans for that night and decided to go into BSE. I am intrigued to know what the original plans were and what made him change his mind. I wonder if meeting somebody later was part of the reason. They also mentioned that his friends in the club didn't realise he had been asked to leave ? If so who was he with ?

The police will know but I think it would also be helpful to know if the silver car was still in the same place when Corrie left the doorway.
The silver car we have seen on the cctv was identified as belonging to someone who lives nearby and works locally - apparently it is frequently parked there. I don't think that is one of the unidentified vehicles.

I don't know, but I think that was more in reference to when he went out with one of his brothers for a night on the town, and his brother said in reference to the 1st CCTV footage that it looked totally normal, except 'he' should have been there walking with Corrie.

But I thought they said that even if separated, that the brothers would have met back up to go home together?

So I think it's something we should be careful with, just like the "it's not unknown for him to walk back to base". I think the family are just not really familiar with one of Corrie's nights out in BSE, and they're mostly going from recollections of nights out back home in Scotland with his brothers and mates there?

Someone else asked about Corrie's plans for the Friday night, and from what I recall it was just that he was supposed to meet up with friends who were a married couple, but I don't recall anything about a party? I could be misremembering, though. If there was a party somewhere that he already knew about, why not go earlier if he was thinking of going alone? Why not get a taxi there? We'd still have to find a way to move Corrie from the loading bay to a party (without phoning or texting to make sure it's okay to still turn up) without being seen by CCTV and without anyone coming forward to say they saw Corrie after 3.24am.

His mum said on fb that he always did the same thing... he left on his own at the end of a night. Why? I reckon cos he had a secret person he met regularly..... maybe another airman or woman or both

As time goes on I am coming round to the idea of a planned meeting much more. It appears from the 2nd CCTV that he looks back checking nobody is about, probably wanting the meeting to be secret, If a time was agreed this would explain the hanging about. I think he got into the vehicle willingly - don't think there was noise or a struggle which may have left evidence. Then there is the phone. In this scenario the phone would not have gone into the bin so suggests that the vehicle travelled a similar time/route to the bin lorry. I think the person put some planning into it, knowing the CCTV did not cover the bin area and probably used false number plates. This still leaves 3 questions...1. how was the meeting planned? If on social media surely this would have been picked up. Maybe it has? 2. if Corrie was sitting in the vehicle did it have the special black-out windows? 3. what did they want corrie for?

The silver car we have seen on the cctv was identified as belonging to someone who lives nearby and works locally - apparently it is frequently parked there. I don't think that is one of the unidentified vehicles.

WOW ! Do you have the link or quote from this ?

Nothing on the updates.
Heard of people looking on google maps and saying a silver car was parked there....but silver is a popular colour for a car and it is a city centre.

he could have been meeting someone there and arranged it earlier that night, they did say he spent most of the evening on the phone. i still think he ended up getting in a car willingly purely due to the lack of evidence in that area.

If he truly was meeting someone, why? It would have to be someone he knows however briefly. There would have to be records of who he spoke to on the phone surely.

I wonder if the cctv was looked at from the night out itself and who he was seen interacting with.

I don't think the lack of cctv was intentional but I do think he left willingly. He could possibly have been meeting someone, but at that time it would suggest a worker opposed to a clubber.

He was/is a Senior Aircaftman in the RAF "Rock Apes".
He was based "in situ" for three years.

....this isn't "bashing", I am just stating fact.
If he hasn't "shined" by then, then I don't think he'll be heading to Hereford soon.

Can you elaborate? I'm confused. I thought he was / is an RAF gunner. And what has Hereford to do with this or infact credenhill.

If he truly was meeting someone, why? It would have to be someone he knows however briefly. There would have to be records of who he spoke to on the phone surely.

I wonder if the cctv was looked at from the night out itself and who he was seen interacting with.

I don't think the lack of cctv was intentional but I do think he left willingly. He could possibly have been meeting someone, but at that time it would suggest a worker opposed to a clubber.

With you on this.

If he was meeting someone...why ?
The "one million dollar" question.

If he was out of the club "early" and if he was meeting someone, then why not call them and say he was early ?

If you go down that line, you have to ask the question "why didn't he call them" ?

it could be that he asked to be picked up at that time but didnt foresee he would be asked to leave the club early hence hanging about. he gets to that area at almost half 3 which makes it seem to me a specific time. i am sure the police will have been through all the social media and that may well hold the clue.

With you on this.

If he was meeting someone...why ?
The "one million dollar" question.

If he was out of the club "early" and if he was meeting someone, then why not call them and say he was early ?

If you go down that line, you have to ask the question "why didn't he call them" ?

Perhaps he didn't organise the rendezvous but it was organised on his behalf...... there may well be records of him trying to contact someone but the police won't give out that info. The phone may only be pay as you go and not registered to.anyone

Can you elaborate? I'm confused. I thought he was / is an RAF gunner. And what has Hereford to do with this or infact credenhill.

RAF isn't my thing, but a rock ape is a gunner. Hereford and credenhill were bases.

I'm assuming the comment was pointing out that in 3 years he hadn't done any tours, he was probably average at his job.

<modsnip>

The fundamental issue is that no one publicly has enough facts to say what happened beyond he got into a vehicle. The only other topic of conversation is speculation, which in all honesty isn't all that helpful because frankly if he got into a vehicle the whys and whether he was waiting is a little irrelevant now. But such is life, people like to talk through ideas and see what seems most plausible.

Without any inkling of any kind of motive you really can't even determine any kind of direction for speculation. Only pull apart the same facts of which there are very few confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marytb