UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>

Corrie displayed "unusual" behaviour. That cannot be simply explained away as "he was drunk".

He refused a lift....but nothing about "what he said" after that is discussed. Yet, the police must know that, even if it was a throw away comment.

Drugs ? Gay sex ? Married woman ? Alien lover ??

We don't know. But what we do know is, the behaviour is questionable and it does present the possibility of "questions".

In Northern Ireland and in Germany, the "honey trap" was a thing everyone was warned about.
You get lured in. You get caught out. It happened.

RAF isn't my thing, but a rock ape is a gunner. Hereford and credenhill were bases.

I'm assuming the comment was pointing out that in 3 years he hadn't done any tours, he was probably average at his job.

Credenhill is now an army base (was once RAF Hereford).
And his "time in" wasn't enough to get into anything "serious". He'd not done enough soldiering.

It was in answer to a poster that asked "if he disappeared by himself, he may have had special training to do so". I was pointing out, he did not have enough experience to progress in the that way, at this point in his career.

I've just been chatting on WhatsApp and I've noticed that it says "Messages and calls you send to this chat are now secured with end-to-end encryption. Tap for more info"

So I tapped for more info and it read " WhatsApp or third parties can't read or listen to them"

What does this actually mean? Sorry I'm not clued up on this!

Edit: just thinking if you can't gain access to these messages is it possible he arranged a meeting on this app.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Have only just read about the Police trying to still trace the owner of the silver car in the loading bay outside hughes electrical. I have driven past here at 0530am all this week and 2 weeks ago and today i saw a silver BMW convertable parked in the exact spot (and am pretty sure it has been there at this time the other days i have taken this route). It is only because of seeing that they are still requesting the owner of a silver car to come forward that it got me thinking that i need to pass this info on. Maybe it will be there tomorrow too. Hope this helps and you are able to eliminate it from your enquiries. Much love and hope to Nicola and her family. #findcorrie
Can't find any of the other posts - but at the time several people commented on different threads that the car was always parked there- it went on for days with people tagging Nicola. I think they may be looking for a silver car- but maybe not that one. Skimming back through the posts at least two silver cars that have been abandoned around the local area have been checked by police and had police aware stickers on. Perhaps they already have the silver car - just don't know who it belongs to and are trying to weasel them out.

Have only just read about the Police trying to still trace the owner of the silver car in the loading bay outside hughes electrical. I have driven past here at 0530am all this week and 2 weeks ago and today i saw a silver BMW convertable parked in the exact spot (and am pretty sure it has been there at this time the other days i have taken this route). It is only because of seeing that they are still requesting the owner of a silver car to come forward that it got me thinking that i need to pass this info on. Maybe it will be there tomorrow too. Hope this helps and you are able to eliminate it from your enquiries. Much love and hope to Nicola and her family. #findcorrie
Can't find any of the other posts - but at the time several people commented on different threads that the car was always parked there- it went on for days with people tagging Nicola. I think they may be looking for a silver car- but maybe not that one. Skimming back through the posts at least two silver cars that have been abandoned around the local area have been checked by police and had police aware stickers on. Perhaps they already have the silver car - just don't know who it belongs to and are trying to weasel them out.

This is why they need "updates" or rather "a managed response".
Now "no one knows" what they are looking for (or not) !

I've just been chatting on WhatsApp and I've noticed that it says "Messages and calls you send to this chat are now secured with end-to-end encryption. Tap for more info"

So I tapped for more info and it read " WhatsApp or third parties can't read or listen to them"

What does this actually mean? Sorry I'm not clued up on this!

Edit: just thinking if you can't gain access to these messages is it possible he arranged a meeting on this app.

End to End encryption. A huge topic.

Basically WhatsApp doesn't hold the message you send. It encrypts it and then sends it on.

If they get asked for any data (like Apple have been) they can say, what does it matter...it's encrypted (randomly).

Apple got into "hot water" as law enforcement asked for information off their servers. They said it was privileged. And on the argument went.

WhatsApp.... just encrypt everything.
The info is still "privileged" BUT it doesn't matter as the message is "scrambled" anyway !

I wonder if the police have looked into all the people who walked past Corrie whilst he was passed out for those two hours in the doorway. It would be a perfect storm for someone to spot him who has ill intent, particular as he was intoxicated, vulnerable, and as mentioned not looking his best light.. it could just be a random attack of some opportunist perp walking past at a time and taking the opportunity...

This is why they need "updates" or rather "a managed response".
Now "no one knows" what they are looking for (or not) !
I think sometimes that is what they are trying to do, deliberately leaving things vague and twisting the truth - it serves two purposes really -
1. Keeps people talking
2. Doesn't completely destroy the chance of a court case if one were ever needed.
The need for updates with the ever changing facts are still never really confirmed facts - mainly suggestions, with the occasional denial of certain information.

End to End encryption. A huge topic.

Basically WhatsApp doesn't hold the message you send. It encrypts it and then sends it on.

If they get asked for any data (like Apple have been) they can say, what does it matter...it's encrypted (randomly).

Apple got into "hot water" as law enforcement asked for information off their servers. They said it was privileged. And on the argument went.

WhatsApp.... just encrypt everything.
The info is still "privileged" BUT it doesn't matter as the message is "scrambled" anyway !
Thanks for explaining it to me. So is it possible he could of arranged a meet up on that and the police are not able to access it?

But they can unencrypt even deleted conversations as long as you use their cloud. As they have no phone and probably very few passwords for Corrie, I would imagine they are still trying to find out information that is specific to his accounts and chats and only things that use a cloud as storage will be accessible to them. It takes weeks for the police to plough through a young persons phone for evidence (my daughters was held and searched as a potential witness to an incident). They had all her passwords and the phone and sIm, it was a new sim as well so only a few weeks worth of apps on it.

Thanks for explaining it to me. So is it possible he could of arranged a meet up on that and the police are not able to access it?

Well, you wouldn't be able to read the message, that's for sure.

You could see if the App (on his phone) was active as it would have "push" on it, so the App would update (and that would register).

But to "who it was to" would not be known.

Well, you wouldn't be able to read the message, that's for sure.

You could see if the App (on his phone) was active as it would have "push" on it, so the App would update (and that would register).

But to "who it was to" would not be known.
Thanks. That's interesting to know!

Have to wonder, if he were meeting someone what would the reason be to keep it so quiet?

My dad always says (and I consider him pretty wise) that most people ask the wrong questions and that's why they don't get the answers they're looking for. In this instance I think the how is secondary to the why.

Thanks. That's interesting to know!

Interestingly, I was in the Middle East recently, Kuwait City, Doha and Dubai.... try "calling" from Dubai and you can't.
They don't like "encryption". But you can message, which is odd.
Kuwait, they don't mind. Nor Qatar.

No idea what that equates to...just one of those things.
They use to "ban Skype" there. Now it's okay.

Surely one of the most obvious reasons for getting into a car is for a lift. I think while other theories are plausible this is the most likely.

Have to wonder, if he were meeting someone what would the reason be to keep it so quiet?

My dad always says (and I consider him pretty wise) that most people ask the wrong questions and that's why they don't get the answers they're looking for. In this instance I think the how is secondary to the why.

Your dad is wise. I agree with him.

Did Corrie buy the "more food" because he had a long wait ?
If he had a long wait, who was he waiting for ?
If he met "that someone", why haven't they come forward ?

Cascade thinking.

Or "4D" thinking.
Or you could say "3D" thinking is what you think and "4D" is adding up those things.

If you go for a pee (for example) do you take your phone out of your pocket and put it on a bin lid ?
I doubt it very much. Yet people "push this idea" as they are trying to make sense of "was his phone in the bin lorry".

For his phone to be "in the bin lorry" it has to "be in the bin".
For it to be "in the bin", it has to be "the nearest thing to someone".
So if he was attacked "there" then that;s the answer.
And IF what Tony said is true (Cam09 or Cam34 cctv was pointing there) then they must have the image of Corrie or a car leaving...AND THEY DON'T.

I'm not saying that happened.... but you can see "the dis-connect".
Either the CCTV wasn't on there all the time OR they saw a car.

And IF the CCTV wasn't on there all the time....then it has to follow "he could have walked out of Short Brackland for a short distance of 120 feet unseen"

Joined up thinking !

Surely one of the most obvious reasons for getting into a car is for a lift. I think while other theories are plausible this is the most likely.
It is the most obvious, but if you are getting a lift - why wait all that time? If it was prearranged then that makes sense. Why refuse an earlier lift? Why not just get a taxi - he wasn't skint that night (otherwise he would have bought the bare minimum to keep his hunger at bay, not the entire takeaway menu)

Ya see. You've ruined it !

Okay....

Corrie has asked for a lift ? Why ?
Two hours earlier he had a lift.
For two hours he could have got a taxi

A person has offered a lift ? Why ?
They like drunk squaddies at 3.30 in the morning ?

It has to be "he got in the car of someone he knew".

It is the most obvious, but if you are getting a lift - why wait all that time? If it was prearranged then that makes sense. Why refuse an earlier lift? Why not just get a taxi - he wasn't skint that night (otherwise he would have bought the bare minimum to keep his hunger at bay, not the entire takeaway menu)

You beat me to it !
See above

He has to be waiting for "a lift".
It therefore has to be pre-arranged.
And it is someone he knows or has knowledge of.

He could have met someone else randomly (or been attacked randomly), but then the person he was meeting would have come forward ?

If someone was meeting him...then they have to be driving.
If they driving, they're not drinking. Or they are chancing it.
I'd go with "not drinking".

Not drinking on a Friday night...and meeting someone that has been ! Why ?
They are working OR they don't drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member