UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know how far he got, where the other witnesses were/ or all the vehicles. They haven't said he didn't leave on a bike, he didn't leave on foot (in between the lines, he could have
Left on a bike and that is the last footage of him). Highly doubt it, but likewise possible.

He wouldn't have gotten very far. Let's face it, if tony is absolutely certain Corrie couldn't have left on foot without been caught on cctv it stands to reason that you can't leave that area on any mode of transport unseen. If they have ruled out one they have ruled in his mode of transport.

Any individuals that are unidentified will have almost certainly been ruled out as being Corrie, Tony has said today they're able to analyse gait, limb length, hand size etc etc in order to determine if Corrie may be an individual seen.

It stands to reason in that case if he left on a bike, he was seen and they would know.

Phone pings and bins- having read that the phone was within 5km of the mast when it pinged, and Nicola clarifying the phone could have travelled any route in that area as long as it went in the general direction, I think we all need to treat the bin lorry as an irrelevance- it could have been any vehicle within quite a broad timeframe, I think the original hope was the bin lorry would provide answers and was over emphasised.
I'm still inclined to think he was meeting someone, but I don't think he would need phone contact- in my younger days, after a night out I used to float round certain areas knowing that a lad I was after would also be in similar areas- I didn't know a time, just after pubs shut. Also just to throw the cat among the pigeons- vehicles are referred to and Corrie not leaving on foot, the missing poster suggested a bike as one of the missing items. Did they see Corrie leave the area on a bike, and then lost track of his movements?
I'm tired so probably not phrasing it at all well, but whilst I think it's highly unlikely, I don't think there is any evidence that dismisses the theory that he left the area on a bike.

...other than the evidence than "there is no evidence whatsoever that a bike left that area" to support that claim !

0 bikes left the area.
0 bike thefts are reported.

Maybe he left in a "hot air balloon" ?
There is QUOTE no evidence to dismiss he didn't !

Before we go off on a wild goose chase has someone checked the reg of the car with the DVLA? How do we know it's untaxed? Since the change in the vehicle tax system it's really easy to forget to do it. I'm super law abiding but without the disc on the windscreen I can see me forgetting to pay my tax one year

You cant possibly forget - they write to you and remind you weeks before it expires.

Respectfully, can we approach this less cynically and more studiously and forensically. If it was a chip it doesn't matter. If it was a sauce sachet it doesn't matter. If it was his phone it may matter. Regardless of what it is or was he dropped, it opens up a new line of enquiry for us to consider. That helps the case in my eyes.
I have just looked again at the cctv on a bigger screen. He does appear to be eating as he walks along and has what appears to be a brown package on his right. Someone mentioned a straw visible.
I wonder if the dropping of this item was what made him sit down and eat, he then became drowsy as i do after drink and food on top of a full days work and a late night out.
If it took 20 minutes to settle down and eat the food 01:25 - 01:45 and then he responds to a message at 03:08, so possibly woken a few minutes prior with the incoming message then he is only potentially dozed off for around 1 hour.
It must be known when he slept and woke.
I do wonder where he was heading so purposefully before dropping whatever.

...other than the evidence than "there is no evidence whatsoever that a bike left that area" to support that claim !

0 bikes left the area.

Yet they are looking for a bike alongside his wallet and phone - they definitely aren't putting hot air balloons on the poster!

No apology needed. Don't worry, I think we are all on the same wavelength here regardless of age or gender. As far as im concerned we need passionate people in EVERY walk of life to stimulate thought processes. What matters most is that you're contributing positively and with facts. :)

I do like facts! And much as I would like to think Nicolas chip comment is fact, I guess we can't be too sure.

Anyway, the next stage in the typical thread progress is people start dreaming up outlandish ideas, failing to provide links, flouting the rules and bickering between themselves, and then the mods have to shut it down for clean up. Oh wait.... Haha where's the tongue-in-cheek emoji!

Like everyone else I'm just frustrated this poor lad's not home yet, the weather is nasty up here, cold, windy, wet and miserable, and I hate the thought of him being alone and outside, all feels really quite depressing.

Mug of mulled wine I think!

Yet they are looking for a bike alongside his wallet and phone - they definitely aren't putting hot air balloons on the poster!

Where is the source saying they're looking for a bike (or his wallet for that matter)

I know it's been asked a few times but I haven't seen the answer yet ... where did the info come from that the car was untaxed? Apologies if I've overlooked someone's reply to this - the thread moves fast sometimes!

0 bikes left the area.

Not possible in a hot air balloon as the UK air space category wouldn't allow it. I'm telling you it Platform 9 3/4s! ;)

But again, this happened to me and mine remained untaxed for over 12 months as detailed earlier. Several people have said he hadn't had the car that long. Please could you quote the untaxed car comment as just the other day we had this thread pulled because people had put false details and passed them off as fact. Ta.

Chip fork yes, salt sachet possibly, garlic mayo sachet most definitely. If it's a garlic mayo sachet for his kebab then you would expect to hold it up to your mouth and rip it open and then squeeze it from above the box or package.
Could have been a garlic mayo sachet NOT a chip?

Now why didn't I think of that? Nothing more romantic than snogging a beer breath drunk, wobbly on his legs, with the warm whiff of heady kebab & garlic aroma...irresistible!

Oops, forgot the quote...please can someone tell me why my 'reply with quote' Doesn't post with a nice neat box like others do...??

I know it's been asked a few times but I haven't seen the answer yet ... where did the info come from that the car was untaxed? Apologies if I've overlooked someone's reply to this - the thread moves fast sometimes!

I keep asking this too...

I do like facts! And much as I would like to think Nicolas chip comment is fact, I guess we can't be too sure.

Anyway, the next stage in the typical thread progress is people start dreaming up outlandish ideas, failing to provide links, flouting the rules and bickering between themselves, and then the mods have to shut it down for clean up. Oh wait.... Haha where's the tongue-in-cheek emoji!

Like everyone else I'm just frustrated this poor lad's not home yet, the weather is nasty up here, cold, windy, wet and miserable, and I hate the thought of him being alone and outside, all feels really quite depressing.

Mug of mulled wine I think!

It's platform 9 and three quarters, fact. I've seen it on telly! ;)

Sorry, MidsummersDay, I don't mean to be cynical but when you've been here a while you realise that cases like this follow a familiar pattern. Much enthusiasm and over excitement with some fantastic and valuable sleuthing for a few weeks, then any new news starts trickling to a halt, then people write essays about what happened and we start believing things out of desperation. Today I have been reading small chapters about Corrie's affair with the American airman's wife. I'm not even sure if that's a rumour, or just speculation (big difference).

Whatever Corrie dropped it doesn't look big enough to be a phone or wallet. I like the chip fork or sauce sachet theories best.

:takeabow: Well said Cags - And I love "chip gate" :laughing:

Maybe he joined the french foreign legion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now why didn't I think of that? Nothing more romantic than snogging a beer breath drunk, wobbly on his legs, with the warm whiff of heady kebab & garlic aroma...irresistible!
We do ooze an air of sophistication after a greasy kebab and a bottled of Chateau Le Feit '54 granted.

I don't know where this is coming from but you would need the cars registration plate to check. So if soundsuspicious has checked themselves on the DVLA website he/she must have the reg.

You cant possibly forget - they write to you and remind you weeks before it expires.

They only write to the address on the DVLA record, if you've moved and don't tell them you won't get the letter.

Anyway, does anyone have a theory about how the taxed or untaxed state of the car is relevant to Corrie's disappearance?

Anyway, does anyone have a theory about how the taxed or untaxed state of the car is relevant to Corrie's disappearance?

I believe it was first mentioned as evidence of Corrie's supposedly risky or reckless behaviour, along with sitting drinking in his car in BSE. I haven't seen anything to substantiate the car tax issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AgentA