UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Itv Anglian news has footage on facebook a very small amount, three girls and a man running past greggs and past the bay

This answers a lot of questions about the CCTV camera setup and what they could see. I guess this footage has left out the large crowed gathered near the bins?

Interesting that the black and white footage is from what looks like Hughes internal camera very helpfully looking directly at the doorway where Corrie ate/slept?

The car parked outside Hughes not only could be clearly seen by the camera where it was parked, it was gone by the time of these images.

Itv Anglian news has footage on facebook a very small amount, three girls and a man running past greggs and past the bay
In that order? Corrie was caught jogging at 0324 on CCTV. Wonder if it was away from the three girls and a man? Or towards the three girls and a man in the bin area?

The footage is interesting, you would recognise yourself in all of the clips apart from the one that was taken from inside a shop/bank, those images are not good at all...The one of the man running, could it be Corrie in a change of clothes? Although I doubt it as the last footage of Corrie he looked to be cold/staggering, so unless this was a long time after, I doubt it is him?

This answers a lot of questions about the CCTV camera setup and what they could see. I guess this footage has left out the large crowed gathered near the bins?

Interesting that the black and white footage is from what looks like Hughes internal camera very helpfully looking directly at the doorway where Corrie ate/slept?

The car parked outside Hughes not only could be clearly seen by the camera where it was parked, it was gone by the time of these images.

Wow, Truth, you're good! I'll bet that camera inside the Hughes store captured everything while he was there eating/sleeping and great catch about the silver car being gone by the time the footage was captured!

Initial footage is looking up Brentgovel Street with the Hughes doorway on the right. If that is the view of the doorway where Corrie was you wouldn't see much. I notice the silver car has gone.

I think the white doors are from the other side of the horseshoe - the shopping centre - you can see it here, the same signs too.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.2...4!1sgHwdxYmY0PItivckmaCvoQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Actually that is right about the Cornhill shopping centre. I wonder if they have similar footage from Hughes though? I'm sure they have internal ceiling mounted cameras in there.

The footage is interesting, you would recognise yourself in all of the clips apart from the one that was taken from inside a shop/bank, those images are not good at all...The one of the man running, could it be Corrie in a change of clothes? Although I doubt it as the last footage of Corrie he looked to be cold/staggering, so unless this was a long time after, I doubt it is him?

When the still the running bloke he looked quite skinny

In that order? Corrie was caught jogging at 0324 on CCTV. Wonder if it was away from the three girls and a man? Or towards the three girls and a man in the bin area?

The man ran in the same direction Corrie walked and past the bay further on up

It seems to be police clips 1-7 on the video (above). Anyone know how many clips in total were shown in the pod?

I don't know how many clips but I've seen there were about 30 people? Definately not the full footage

If the police have a person in mind would it be standard practice to go about things in this very roundabout way? It seems unnecessarily dramatic to set up the hub again and show all of the 23 people in the hope that someone will randomly happen to both notice and identify the one person they are after.

I have no police experience at all, JMO that it seems an ineffective way to find your man

I don't see it as an attempt to identify the one person they're after, but more as an attempt to identify people who might have seen the one person they're after.

Or it might not even be a case of seeing that person, but more like Corrie's in the horseshoe at 3.24....someone walks past at 3.30 (all times imaginary for example only). The police know a car showed up at say 3.35. Then another person walked past at 3.40.

So, the question is, did one or both of those people see Corrie there? If only the first one did, and the second didn't, then Corrie might have been in that car. If they can't place Corrie in that car, then they're not on solid ground if they bring the car owner in for questioning. If they can say that Corrie disappeared right when that car was there, then that's a valuable part of building a case. That's just my opinion, but that's the way I see it.

I don't know how many clips but I've seen there were about 30 people? Definately not the full footage

No, not the full footage but footage of people who might have seen something however unimportant it may seem.

These people were there, what did they notice? What was or wasn't occurring at that time?

Did they talk about the armed police there today?

No mention of anything specific, just a flutter of police activity and hearing the helicopters. They said it was "uncommon" for the area and was hard to miss. That's all I got from them. I'm curious to find out if it's related to Corrie as I'm always hoping that 'today's the day'...

Not that I'm complaining, but did the Police have a late change of mind about releasing footage or did they say they would do this?

I can't see why they have sat on the CCTV so long.

Did anyone else notice that with the man running, as he went out of view the camera panned forward to capture his movement as he continued running? Assuming that the particular camera wasn't being manned at the time, would this lend to the theory that these cameras only turn on when they detect movement?

Not that I'm complaining, but did the Police have a late change of mind about releasing footage or did they say they would do this?

I can't see why they have sat on the CCTV so long.

Me either. I understand trying to protect people from the social media witch hunt but in those 2 minutes I have seen it seems normal standard nothing odd to me. I'd have been interested to see the men on the corner

No mention of anything specific, just a flutter of police activity and hearing the helicopters. They said it was "uncommon" for the area and was hard to miss. That's all I got from them. I'm curious to find out if it's related to Corrie as I'm always hoping that 'today's the day'...

I'm in the "Anglian news" bracket so I'll keep an eye out but unlikely I'll see anything

I don't see anything in the clip that is almost near the end of the footage, it says clip 7 then just shows the floor, or am I missing something?

I don't see it as an attempt to identify the one person they're after, but more as an attempt to identify people who might have seen the one person they're after.

Or it might not even be a case of seeing that person, but more like Corrie's in the horseshoe at 3.24....someone walks past at 3.30 (all times imaginary for example only). The police know a car showed up at say 3.35. Then another person walked past at 3.40.

So, the question is, did one or both of those people see Corrie there? If only the first one did, and the second didn't, then Corrie might have been in that car. If they can't place Corrie in that car, then they're not on solid ground if they bring the car owner in for questioning. If they can say that Corrie disappeared right when that car was there, then that's a valuable part of building a case. That's just my opinion, but that's the way I see it.

This. I don't see the pod as an attempt to identify the suspect as everyone shown was on foot, which would mean that something happened to Corrie in the horseshoe and would have had to leave him there, and by the comments I've seen nearly everyone who walked past the area in that video glanced in. And even if by some long shot someone did do something in that horseshoe and ran away, they would have had to come back with a vehicle to take the body and we've already been told all vehicles have been identified.

No, the purpose of this pod was to get witnesses and put more pressure on a suspect IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member