UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's concerning me is why is their a miser enquiry without the title? What has made them pour murder level resources into a misper case? What do they know that makes this such high level they can even sign off a high level of resource especially with other murder cases ongoing (well, that tony has referenced I don't know exactly)

Does this, after all the questions asked, provide the answer as to WHY Corrie was never officially listed or registered as a missing person?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She looked pretty broken on the interview we watched yesterday - I fear this is the final straw that broke the camels back..
My heart breaks for her and from a mothers point of view (yes I am female) I have wondered how she's managed to control herself all this time, I think now we are going to see a different side to her..and rightly so.

I definately sensed a different feel to her in that clip. And I always assumed you were a man. Not that it's relevant at all!

Does this, after all the questions asked, provide the answer as to WHY Corrie was never officially listed or registered as a missing person?

I've no idea. If they suspected from the outset this was potential murder and not misper I can see why Nicola would be insensed and outraged that they've had some kind of knowledge and left it as a misper at the detriment of the case.

Actually, I've re-read the BBC article and let it sink in. It now reads to me that Nicola has just generally lost faith in the whole investigation rather than making a comment on the other side of the family putting up the reward? I now wonder if the the reward PC happened in response to what Nicola was going to say?

I'm not sure what is going on now but I don't feel good about it at all....

I've no idea. If they suspected from the outset this was potential murder and not misper I can see why Nicola would be insensed and outraged that they've had some kind of knowledge and left it as a misper at the detriment of the case.

But, Nicola said she had no faith left in the police, it was after those comments that the police said "We are using the similar resources we would put into a murder investigation,", so technically, if the police did think it was a murder case, Nicola has possibly only found that out after she publicly slammed them? Surely they would have told her this before responding to her latest comments?

yeah, I think the reward is a reaction to the fact that the family as a whole feel that the police either aren't doing enough; or generally buggering up the case.

I am slightly concerned by the resources/murder comment, that says to me, that they must think/know he went unwillingly, hence lurker etc being witnesses as opposed to suspects

It's even more of a gift to serial killers than I had imagined.

And if people knew their "private" messages to someone were kept (for eternity) by a "big brother", then those companies would no longer exist.

Weird how this case is turning into

A. More CCTV needed
B. More Apps should record what's everyone is saying
C. The police need more public money

I get that "what;s going on here" feeling !

yeah, I think the reward is a reaction to the fact that the family as a whole feel that the police either aren't doing enough; or generally buggering up the case.

I am slightly concerned by the resources/murder comment, that says to me, that they must think/know he went unwillingly, hence lurker etc being witnesses as opposed to suspects

IF the police have an idea of what car Corrie got into and are supposedly working on getting cold hard facts on it then I would agree that the police have buggered up big time with the allowance of a reward.

<modsnip>

Actually, I've re-read the BBC article and let it sink in. It now reads to me that Nicola has just generally lost faith in the whole investigation rather than making a comment on the other side of the family putting up the reward? I now wonder if the the reward PC happened in response to what Nicola was going to say?

I'm not sure what is going on now but I don't feel good about it at all....

Agree completely, I don't think the reward and father/grandparents press conference is nothing to do with Nicola's statement. I guess it's coincidence it was today, or that they are equally as frustrated with things. I imagine the reward will be studiously ignored by the other side.
I was confident things were moving forward behind the scenes, it's awful to think that's not the case.

The idea you cannot leave the horseshoe without being detected has been BS from the start IMO. It's only now that I see it's probably being touted like that to make someone feel guilty that they are "caught red handed on CCTV" in an effort to get them to come forward. The reality is they probably got away scott free. The other issue is that they wouldn't even have to TRY to evade CCTV for them to fall into the 80% likelihood of being able to anyway.

Greenwoods CCTV cam looks at Corrie's alley for 30 seconds and then elsewhere for 1min 30. If you ain't seen in that 30 seconds, you can go wherever you like from the Horseshoe up Short Brackland and never be seen again. ONLY if you go up towards Greenwoods (like 4 min lurker) or past Cornhill (like running man) will you actually be definitively seen on CCTV again.

Why is Corrie not seen on Greenwoods CCTV after 3.24am? Cos for every 2 minutes of footage it's only looking at the horseshoe for 30 seconds. Someone may do the math and work out how much time that actually equals between 3.30 and 8am. If he and other party (if involved) never went past Cornhill, there's a seriously high chance they'd never be detected again. Personally I feel foot and vehicle could both still be in play, because you can "evade" the horseshoe CCTV on either, and evade the CCTV further out from the horseshoe also on either foot or car.
I've done the maths and that means the greenwoods camera is only on the horseshoe entrance 25% of the time which means a 1 in 4 chance of being seen by it so we are lucky to have caught corrie on camera entering there least of all actually catch him leaving if these figures are accurate. How on earth does that get converted to couldn't have left on foot and must have left in a vehicle? The cctv is turned away for 75% of the time and SB has no cctv? So its wide open? I have to let this sink in.

From very early on most of us have been thinking this wasn't just a misper case. The Police and family must have even more info that points to something worse.

The below quote is effectively page one of the Police (ACPO) missing person handbook:

One of the fundamental facts to be determined in a missing person investigation is the reason
why the subject has disappeared. In cases where the circumstances are suspicious or are
unexplained, use the maxim: IF IN DOUBT, THINK MURDER

http://library.college.police.uk/docs/acpo/Missing-Persons-2005-ACPO-Guidance.pdf

Make of that what you will.....

BBC look east interviewed the police with venom by the sounds of it. Was aired at 6.30pm tonight, can't find it on the catch up yet.

So the family are saying he may have been picked up by someone he arranged to meet. Whats the betting its a wife from the US base and the husband has caught them in the act. Stand by. Happens all the time. One of my friends who is in the Army recently got caught out in the act with the brigadiers wife!!!! True that!!!
If this was the case would the wife keep quiet if their husband had harmed their lover I wonder?

If someone has taken Corrie and done something bad to him then I cant see them having a conscious all the sudden and come forward with anonymous info to let the family know where he is, as their DNA will be all over the place. Whoever is responsible for Corries disappearance, they will be tight lipped. I still think its a hook up gone wrong. Meet a woman, then meet her partner who more than likely killed him.

I actually hate saying this...

I feel terrible for his family, the pain they are going through...

Just caught up to this post and wtf? With Nicola being police herself, I can't emphasise enough just how damning her statement is.

Just what has the family found out today / in the last 24 hours?

That's exactly what I'm wondering...something has triggered Nicola to speak out like this

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966