UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IF there's been 3rd party involvement then I think it's someone he already knows. the problem is that he uses WhatsApp which has end to end encryption, so although they may know that he was on WhatsApp after 3.08am, they don't know who he was messaging. The thing about whatsapp is that it would usually be people you know you have as your contacts... Whatsapp is probably the only app where the police can't access the messages without the phone.

I'm with you in the GoFund page is a bit extreme tbh. When you think what jobs they all have, they'd be able to fund themsleves imo.

IF Corrie has gone AWOL ( which is the way I've wanted it to be ) then there are going to be a lot of people in that group who would be very angry that they have been mislead..
I wouldn't be at all surprised if it all goes quiet in the new year, an update about every two months, saying still missing and asking people to identify half a leg in a door way sort of thing, hopefully I'm wrong and they do find him, but the way things are going at the moment I don't think the police or family have a clue, vanished, so they say, who knows how this could turn out but I expect a few more twists to come yet ! Jmo

Is there CCTV footage we haven't seen? I mean footage of something happening, not just hours of nothing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We've only seen a few minutes even though corrie is on cctv the whole evening in various locations. E.g we have not been shown him getting up and leaving hughes doorway which would be useful as we could see if he went and looked around a bit trying to find his missed lift if there had been one.

To address the points:
There are cameras to spot what is going in to the compactor but you are relying on human judgement. They key point being that it is a compactor.... (sorry for the imagery).

Commercial bins have a safe tip of 440kg so would not be unusually heavy.

Don't understand why people are saying he wouldn't sleep in a bin, guy just slept on the street....
The jog in my opinion is that of someone who is cold, spots an opportunity to get warm. To me the CCTV is very clear in showing him spotting something of interest in the horseshoe, I believe this to be the bins.

I was set on AWOL of late after initially being convinced he'd gone to kip in a bin, but looking over the cctv I can see where you're coming from. Especially the hands in his pockets, now you've mentioned him being cold, the way he walks is how I would be walking with my hands in my pockets and slightly hunched over with my arms tucked into my body if I were cold on a night out with no coat.

It seems perfectly logical to me to set a limit. Sulsar would only be able to train and equip so many people. It would be complete chaos if everyone wanting to search was let loose and evidence could be destroyed.

Which makes sense, but then why roll it out to the Facebook page. Surely they can arrange 30 people?

Is it normal to set a limit on people searching? Is there any point asking 75000 people for 30 people to search? May as well have friends and family do it or colleagues of corries

SULSAR said on their FB page:

"This first search will be kept to small numbers to see how it all works as it logistically quite difficult to organise."

can't quote just now but replying to cj357's post above #1051.
Hopefully volunteers will read the SULSAR post very carefully and heed the warnings in it. I'm so glad that the family have decided to work with SULSAR for the searches, probably based on Nicola's professional experience, as searches can be dangerous and potential evidence can be lost if searches aren't conducted properly.

47239860168666f244b005f0a05b0ab7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was set on AWOL of late after initially being convinced he'd gone to kip in a bin, but looking over the cctv I can see where you're coming from. Especially the hands in his pockets, now you've mentioned him being cold, the way he walks is how I would be walking with my hands in my pockets and slightly hunched over with my arms tucked into my body if I were cold on a night out with no coat.

When I was looking at the CCTV images a few days ago I noticed someone was in shorts (I don't think I'm imagining this) so it can't have been that cold. Having checked it turns out that it wasn't - the night was 7 degrees but that would have been a low for the whole area and given it was 19 degrees on the 23rd and 23 degrees on the 24th it would have been for long

http://m.accuweather.com/en/gb/bury-st-edmunds/ip33-1/september-weather/325689

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it normal to set a limit on people searching? Is there any point asking 75000 people for 30 people to search? May as well have friends and family do it or colleagues of corries

Do we know the area of the search? I hope they will not be searching old ground previously searched.

I think the police have an idea what has happened. I think he was picked up by someone he knows. I think the lack of information and sometimes even misleading info has blurred the evidence for us, the general public but that won't be the case for the police. There must be reasons why we have only been drip fed the cctv, both initially and even now. There must be a reason for putting the pod at BM initially and for the apparent police disinterest for evidence at the BSE end. Until corrie is found I don't think anything else is going to happen except the searches funded by the very generous general public. I hope he is awol and returns by the 90th day, as I originally predicted, as this would be the best outcome for everybody. The alternatives are unthinkable and unwelcome.

What evidence, other than CCTV footage is there that Corrie left in a vehicle with another? Is this just an assumption based on 90% fact?

We are being told by the family he could not have left on foot based on there own investigation via cctv.

The police have not said they suspect other person involvement but have not ruled it out.

Ok the phone pings are a distraction here. How did the phone travel. They suspect in the bin lorry. But why? How did it get into the bin lorry? By accident? On purpose? Stolen? Found? Discarded?

If Corrie was not with his phone and it did travel in the bin lorry, then why did it?

It has been ruled out that Corrie was not in the bin lorry. It never stopped or diverted from its usual route.

This leaves the other vehicles which we have heard very little about. But I have heard from a presenter on look east that they have been discounted.

So whats actually happening here.

Are we back to he left on foot. Evaded all cctv.

What evidence, other than CCTV footage is there that Corrie left in a vehicle with another? Is this just an assumption based on 90% fact?

We are being told by the family he could not have left on foot based on there own investigation via cctv.

The police have not said they suspect other person involvement but have not ruled it out.

Ok the phone pings are a distraction here. How did the phone travel. They suspect in the bin lorry. But why? How did it get into the bin lorry? By accident? On purpose? Stolen? Found? Discarded?

If Corrie was not with his phone and it did travel in the bin lorry, then why did it?

It has been ruled out that Corrie was not in the bin lorry. It never stopped or diverted from its usual route.

This leaves the other vehicles which we have heard very little about. But I have heard from a presenter on look east that they have been discounted.

So whats actually happening here.

Are we back to he left on foot. Evaded all cctv.

The police have maintained the cctv coverage is not 100% make of that what you will

I think the police have an idea what has happened. I think he was picked up by someone he knows. I think the lack of information and sometimes even misleading info has blurred the evidence for us, the general public but that won't be the case for the police. There must be reasons why we have only been drip fed the cctv, both initially and even now. There must be a reason for putting the pod at BM initially and for the apparent police disinterest for evidence at the BSE end. Until corrie is found I don't think anything else is going to happen except the searches funded by the very generous general public. I hope he is awol and returns by the 90th day, as I originally predicted, as this would be the best outcome for everybody. The alternatives are unthinkable and unwelcome.

This is my current gut feeling.

To address the points:
There are cameras to spot what is going in to the compactor but you are relying on human judgement. They key point being that it is a compactor.... (sorry for the imagery).

Commercial bins have a safe tip of 440kg so would not be unusually heavy.

Don't understand why people are saying he wouldn't sleep in a bin, guy just slept on the street....
The jog in my opinion is that of someone who is cold, spots an opportunity to get warm. To me the CCTV is very clear in showing him spotting something of interest in the horseshoe, I believe this to be the bins.

His car was a stone's throw away, so why not go back there?

Do we know the area of the search? I hope they will not be searching old ground previously searched.
Mel, the eadt link quoted ealier states that Sulsar have been searching the BM area this week, which makes sense as that was where the phone signal was last detected. I haven't seen anything about the location of future searches yet but if Sulsar are involved then it should be well organised hopefully.

I would guess Thetford forest, it's so large Sulsar would need some help.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Mel, the eadt link quoted ealier states that Sulsar have been searching the BM area this week, which makes sense as that was where the phone signal was last detected. I haven't seen anything about the location of future searches yet but if Sulsar are involved then it should be well organised hopefully.

I'm sure the sulsar Facebook page (are we allowed to mention that?) states it will be "in the forest) which I'm guessing might be thetford?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member