Identified! UK - David Lytton, South Pennines, 'Neil Dovestone', 65-75, Dec'15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just ran a trace on all David Lautenberg's in the UK - Only one showing which is the other london birth and that one is very much alive and not the one we are interested in - There seems to be no trace of David K in the UK

Looks like the David K link is confirmed, I have come across an online family tree managed by "John Coleman" who is the detective leading the case - Source: Ancestry

Looks like the David K link is confirmed, I have come across an online family tree managed by "John Coleman" who is the detective leading the case - Source: Ancestry

I now have a copy of the birth certificate and can confirm it is the same date.

Parents Hyman Lautenberg and Sylvia Helen Lautenberg (née Bome).

Have found the birth of a brother Jeremy, but cannot locate him anywhere either.

Have found the birth of a brother Jeremy, but cannot locate him anywhere either.

Hi, I was up so late last night trying to find Jeremy/Jerry. There is one in the US but I also couldn't find any trace in the UK.

Awesome work Spydey and Spongey!

His mums side of the family came from Russia (maybe 1901) and lived in Whitechapel

Sounds like he has Jewish ancestry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow so he sounds very much like he is of eastern European Jewish ancestry.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Wow so he sounds very much like he is of eastern European Jewish ancestry.

Definitely. Not sure about his dad though

Definitely. Not sure about his dad though

The surname sounds German/Germanic Jewish to me. 😊

So we have

1903 Hyman Lautenberg born
1946 Hyman marries Sylvia Bome
1948 David born
1953 Jeremy born
1962 Hyman died
1971 Sylvia died

Note, there are alternative spellings of Lautenberg, Loutenberg and in one case Lawton. I also looked up Jeremy L and it came up with a "Jeremy Hande L" in London in 2003.

Sylvia was born in 1920 as Helen Sylvia Bome, mothers maiden name was Koski. I think I looked this at work earlier (but I was very busy) and her family were from Poland. I'd say that Hyman may not be the 1903 birth as it seems too early, so he may be born abroad. Will look into more when I have time

Sylvia was born in 1920 as Helen Sylvia Bome, mothers maiden name was Koski. I think I looked this at work earlier (but I was very busy) and her family were from Poland. I'd say that Hyman may not be the 1903 birth as it seems too early, so he may be born abroad. Will look into more when I have time

I did find another record for a Hyman for 1908 but not sure if it was a typo. You'd think with these unusual names it would be easy, but there are spelling issues!

Ignore my death date for Sylvia then. Just realised I had looked at Sylvia Lytton (possible second marriage and taking of stepdads name) but she was born in a diff year. Do you have a correct date for her death?

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to say THANK YOU again for doing an amazing job of identifying David.

Day in and day out you all come here and work together to help people you never knew.

The case is featured in the red scroll and I will tweet it out as well.

My goal is to get people worldwide to see just what incredible work you do.

Thank you very much

Tricia

Bang on the money! That was the conclusion I came to aswell

An interesting idea. The other thing to consider is that slight variations of the Arabic script are also used for Persian, Pashto and Urdu, though it's somewhat unlikely that a British pensioner would have been to any countries as a visitor where those languages are spoken. Always assuming, of course, that the tablets actually in the bottle are those that are supposed to be in it.

We could really do with more information about the lable on this bottle.

Hey Melmoth, I just looked back at the early days and spotted your post from a year ago. If only we'd listened you and Dalsglen we'd have known we were looking for Dave from Pakistan! Wonder why the police didn't check flight arrivals sooner.

Sylvia and Hyman must be his grandparents. I'd expect his parents to have been born in the late 20s or the 1930s

There's a Colin Russel Bome but he was born in 1935

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member