Identified! UK - David Lytton, South Pennines, 'Neil Dovestone', 65-75, Dec'15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yea I get that but this man seems to be intentionally going to end his life, why would he be bothered about saving a few pounds? He still had £130 in his pocket.

In my experience a ticket clerk sometimes suggests a cheaper fare, especially to an elderly gent who wouldn't refuse - just a possibility - JMO

Rbbm.
Just dawned on me that DL may have used up his change at the arcade he visited en route to his final destination.

You'd think so wouldn't you but according to this:

She retraced his steps off the platform, turning right, across the station concourse, to a slot machine and gambling shop.

“He didn’t stay in there too long,” Chapman explains, “He more or less walked in and walked out. He didn’t put any money into any machines.”

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-e8c6cbab-da44-4a3c-8f9b-c4fccd53dd24

Maybe he put it in a charity tin or gave it to some homeless person.

He must've had a falling out with his brother

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just playing devil's advocate here.

Maybe he isn't a "poor man" and he created the secrecy because he was running away from some form of scandal which hasn't yet been discovered or revealed.

Maybe something happened in 2005 . Something criminal

From Wikipedia

The article reported that Lytton had arrived in Lahore on 6 October 2006, leaving almost six months later for Dubai. He returned to Lahore after four days, on 31 March 2007. The following November he left again, but there was no record of him returning.

So was he somewhere else again after November 2007?

Absolutely wonderful that this John Doe is identified. What a good job! It gives me hope and motivation to keep on being a websleuths member. :takeabow:

So was he somewhere else again after November 2007?

Or he got back into Pakistan and somehow slipped through the Visa system, a technical glitch or identity change?

I assume he went to Dubai on a "visa run" as there was a 6 month limit on a tourist visa or something. And then went back in Nov to do the same. Whatever happened it seems it then led to the visa problems we've heard about, and he knew he wouldn't be able to return to Pakistan once he left again... possibly he realised he couldn't reapply for a new passport using his Lahore address as he shouldn't have been there. I dunno, all seems strange. I wonder if he really did ever go to America?

From today's Guardian: Saddleworth Moor mystery man changed name after family feud

The piece has the Lytton-Lautenberg info, as well as reporting a brief conversation with his brother, the former Jeremy Lautenberg who now goes by the name Lawton (as does the mother, who is still alive as well).

It seems that Lawton is 'tied' to a documentary that Channel 4 is making and thus won't speak to any other media outlets. Interesting.

From today's Guardian: Saddleworth Moor mystery man changed name after family feud

The piece has the Lytton-Lautenberg info, as well as reporting a brief conversation with his brother, the former Jeremy Lautenberg who now goes by the name Lawton (as does the mother, who is still alive as well).

It seems that Lawton is 'tied' to a documentary that Channel 4 is making and thus won't speak to any other media outlets. Interesting.

It does seem they have been reading here, or maybe they actually ARE here lol! I'd mentioned Lawton before as I saw it listed as an alternative name for one of the Lautenbergs, makes more sense than Lytton. I'm really surprised his mum is still alive, who'd have thunk?

The absolute nosy-parker in me can't wait for the documentary!

Spongey/Spydey, you guys still around?

I emailed Nazia with the birth certificate this afternoon, however she may have already pieced it together. I also advised her of this thread on here. I'm not sure if she has looked but she does seem to have used information in the story from here. Unfortunately she didn't reply to me or credit this website in her story

I've had the brother's address since I found the birth certificate, but haven't been able to post it as I'm worried about data protection. I hadn't searched for his mother though as I presumed she would be deceased! The company address may well be him, as he does live in North London.

It's slightly annoying the reporter has passed everything off as her own work though when I tipped her off to all of our hard work on here.

I should have written the story myself and sold it to the Daily Mail :facepalm:

I've had the brother's address since I found the birth certificate, but haven't been able to post it as I'm worried about data protection. I hadn't searched for his mother though as I presumed she would be deceased! The company address may well be him, as he does live in North London.

It's slightly annoying the reporter has passed everything off as her own work though when I tipped her off to all of our hard work on here.

I don't like people who show off with somebody else's hard work either.

Next time don't say anything to them. Write your own story and get the copyright

Haven't they just? And without giving credit to boot.

The mother must be in her early to mid 90s by now.

TBH when they said it was an elderly relative's DNA that confirmed David's identity I thought it might well be his mum.

The documentary should be interesting.

It does seem they have been reading here, or maybe they actually ARE here lol! I'd mentioned Lawton before as I saw it listed as an alternative name for one of the Lautenbergs, makes more sense than Lytton. I'm really surprised his mum is still alive, who'd have thunk?

The absolute nosy-parker in me can't wait for the documentary!

Spongey/Spydey, you guys still around?
Yes I am still around - dropped off for a bit but just reading through the latest and that cheeky journalist!!!

I believe the company house link is not Jeremy Lawton - Jeremy was born 1953 and he is at an address in North London but not the one on company house, I will also say the area where he does live has a well established Jewish community. The change of name to Lawton makes perfect sense as the original surname was probably pronounced "Law-Ten-Berg" and I'm assuming that the Lautenberg's were probably Jewish - I'm putting together a family tree and may well write a biography on this fella so if there are any Journo's out there reading through the thread, I'm the sleuth you'll need ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Asset Locator
Back