GUILTY UK - Elle Edwards, 26, shot and killed on Christmas Eve in Wallasey, 2022 * arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
14:46KEY EVENT

Jury note​

All parties have been called into court.
The jury has a note for the judge. The jury are called into court.

Mr Justice Goose reads the note: "If the gunman has the gun in Thomas Waring's house but on the gunman’s person, is this in possession of Thomas Waring if TW knows the gunman has the gun. What counts as possession? Does TW need to be aware the gun is in the house?"

He says he will “remind them of his written directions”

Justice Goose: “It must be proved the firearm was in Thomas Waring's possession or control for any amount of time and that he knew it was. It must be both knowledge and possession or control of the submachine gun. Merely being in the house would not be sufficient. It must be proved he had either possession or control for any amount of time and he knew it.
I hope that’s clear."

The jury are sent out to resume their deliberations.

Family in tears​

Tim Edwards, whose eyes were fixed upon the dock, punched the air with delight as the verdict was delivered.
Other members of the family were heard to cry “yes”, and several burst into tears.

Unanimous guilty verdicts have been reached on all counts for Connor Chapman.

In summary he is:
Guilty of the murder of Elle Edwards
Guilty of the attempted murder of Kieran Salkeld
Guilty of the attempted murder of Jake Duffy
Guilty of the wounding with intent of Harry Loughran
Guilty of the wounding with intent of Liam Carr
Guilty of the the assault occasioning actual bodily harm of Nicholas Speed

You coward'​

Mr Power tells the judge that “in relation to murder, there is only one sentence you can pass”.

Justice Goose says he will pass sentence at 2pm tomorrow, Friday.

He asks the prosecution to “make submissions on whether a whole life order is necessary”.

He also suggests it is in the “public interest” for the video of the shooting to be released to the public.

This is a sentence which means a defendant will never be freed from prison.

The judge invites the jury to return for the sentencing.

“I thank you again for what you’ve done. Hopefully I will see you tomorrow.”

Justice Goose instructs staff to take both defendants down to the cells.

Tim Edwards is heard to say “you coward” as they leave the dock.

Justice Goose also thanks the family of Elle Edwards before retiring.

Wow, I only saw that the jury were deliberating from Alyce's post this morning and the verdicts in! Good work jury. I'm sure we will hear lots more information now about these people. I can't see him getting a whole life tariff though.

Thanks for the updates, Alyce. I've been busy following the Lucy Letby trial and starting a new job but I'm pleased justice has been served for the victims and their families.

I agree re the whole of life - he wont get that. I'm expecting 20 - 25.

There is a longer vid clip than the one I put up here - which also shows the gunman walking towards Private Drive. I will try and post it, it's very informative

Very incriminating video of him dropping the gun while flicking his hair! Good to see some positive stories about the police after the s*** show of the met police in London as well. Less than 7 months after Elle's murder and the perpetrator has been caught, tried and convicted. Hopefully this and the Thomas Cashman conviction will send out a warning to other potential murderers but somehow I doubt it.

Is there anywhere we can watch the sentencing live online?

Is there anywhere we can watch the sentencing live online?

The Echo are doing their usual live blog but I don't think it's being televised

Just editing to say it is being filmed ( see my post below ) but I dont know if there's a livestream

Good afternoon​

We're back in Liverpool Crown Court where Connor Chapman and Thomas Waring will shortly be sentenced in connection with the murder of Elle Edwards.
The courtroom is packed to capacity with members of Elle's family, journalists, police officers and other members of the public.
Five jurors who convicted the defendants yesterday have returned to hear the sentencing. The judge's sentencing remarks will also be filmed in accordance with a new policy, and a camera is set up in the corner of the courtroom.
Court reporter Adam Everett and crime reporter Jonathan Humphries are providing live coverage from the courtroom.

14:03Jonathan Humphries

Sentencing remarks to be broadcast​

The court clerk addresses the public gallery. She confirms that the judge’s sentencing remarks will be filmed and broadcast live with a 10 second delay. No-one else is permitted to film or record from inside the courtroom, in accordance with usual rules.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unique sky 6793
Back